Doesn't my phone get fully charged?

Guest Tom200

I use Battery Indicator to check voltage. At best it's around 4.200v at 100%. Sometimes it's as low as 4.160 - 4.170.

The phone usually says "Charged" ("laddad" in my language) on the lock screen at 100%.

When I check Battery Indicator, it says "Charging since..." even though the meter is at 100%.

Yesterday with the phone plugged in, BI said "Fully charged since..." instead. The voltage was also higher than usual.

What does this mean? That the battery usually isn't fully charged, even though the meter is at 100%?

What should it say on the lock screen when the battery is fully charged? Also same question with Battery Indicator.

When your phone says its fully charged, then its pretty much fully charged. Perhaps its not 100.000000% fully charged but it'll be close enough. Batteries have circuitry to stop them being overcharged as that'll damage them. I say stop worrying so much about getting that last little bit of charge in and just use your phone, charge it when it needs charging, take it off the charger as soon as its charged.

Alright, and thanks for your reply. It's just that it doesn't say "Fully charged", it's says "charging". Even though the battery is at 100%.

I'm worried something is wrong, and that the phone doesn't stop charging like it should. The battery is always hot when I disconnect it.

• 2 weeks later...