what is best start up manager

Guest garym123

Guest garym123

ive got omc phone and all these apps keep appearing to start up from nowhere,i kill them all with go widgit and android assisant and in about 20 seconds there start to appear again,ive tried to check them from starting up but they still do,is there any other app on the market thats good for this sort of thing to stop them starting up,thanks

Guest plegdroid

ive got omc phone and all these apps keep appearing to start up from nowhere,i kill them all with go widgit and android assisant and in about 20 seconds there start to appear again,ive tried to check them from starting up but they still do,is there any other app on the market thats good for this sort of thing to stop them starting up,thanks

are these apps that are ment to keep running ,or apps you've downloaded?

Guest garym123

there apps ive downloaded like fb setcpu maps google+ and many more, i close them all and they just seem to appear again and use up quite a bit of memory aswell. =

are these apps that are ment to keep running ,or apps you've downloaded?

Guest plegdroid

there apps ive downloaded like fb setcpu maps google+ and many more, i close them all and they just seem to appear again and use up quite a bit of memory aswell. =

fb can understand, is there an option in settings for this app to change the update frequency were it check's have you any new mail ect, if it's set to check every 20 minutes or so, that could explain why it's restarting again after you have killed it, same with the others : if you can't change these sort of settings, could try an auto task killer, that kills off apps when you turn your phone off and on, take it these apps are showing up in go task killer? and not actually opening up as if you've opened them, if that makes sense? :)

edit, all these apps probably have permissions to access the internet as well, so if you run your phone with the internet on all the time, they may be connecting to the net and that would also explain your lack of memory.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest garym123

yeah there not actually opening up there just showing up in go widget and all my other task mangers ive got,but there just taking up much memory,ill try auto task killer,thanks for your reply

fb can understand, is there an option in settings for this app to change the update frequency were it check's have you any new mail ect, if it's set to check every 20 minutes or so, that could explain why it's restarting again after you have killed it, same with the others : if you can't change these sort of settings, could try an auto task killer, that kills off apps when you turn your phone off and on, take it these apps are showing up in go task killer? and not actually opening up as if you've opened them, if that makes sense? :)

Guest plegdroid

yeah there not actually opening up there just showing up in go widget and all my other task mangers ive got,but there just taking up much memory,ill try auto task killer,thanks for your reply

no worries :)

There will be some people (myself included) that say that you shouldn't use auto task killers for the sole purpose of killing tasks that are in memory. Generally it is a good thing for apps to be in memory, as it means that they can start up quickly when needed, reducing battery usage and increasing responsiveness. Free memory is wasted memory. Auto task killers can be counter-productive.