-------

Guest tillaz

Guest wrtease

here is my method hope it helps you .

superboot and clockwork and rom installing

using windows operating systems ,most people get all working using windows.for a mack i dont no

1.before you do this connect usb cable to mobile

2.then connect to pc

3.let it install drivers first

4.usb drivers can be got on the forum

5.the contents of the mobile should show up

6.in windows it should be assigned a drive letter

7.right click on the drive letter and eject the drive

8.now move on to the rooting part

Rooting the Skate/Monte Carlo

1. first download the zip superboot

2. unzip it with 7zip

3. their will be 3 files you want to use

4. first run Adb-windows

5. now run fastboot-windows

6. now install-superboot-windows

7. mobile might reboot thats okay

8.move on to installing clockwork recovery

installing clockwork recovery for skate / monte carlo

1. first run Adb-windows

2. now run fastboot-windows

3. now install-recovery-windows

4. it should show a black screen with text showing clockwork is installing

5. the mobile should reboot to clockwork

6. its a blue screen that should appear with the name clockwork

7. use the volume up and down keys to move about clockwork

8. the home key installs and back key for returning to main screen in clockwork

9. reboot your mobile back to pc and pick a rom to install

how to install a rom

1.first download the zipped rom that you want to pc

2.then copy to sdcard

3. you can now reboot to clockwork

4. keys for clockwork if you need to use them

press volume down and hold it with the power button hold them both

until clockwork appears

clockwork recovery

before installing any rom

backup first in backup and restore

always remember the wipe rule for installing any rom

1.wipe factory/data

2.wipe cache

3.go to advanced and wipe dalvick

only do 4th if you get stuck at android screen

4. mounts and storage format/sysytem

5. if you get stuck at android screen take battery out and then put it back in.

6. you should be okay to main screen of mobile enjoy

7.if you get ftm mode showing do the following leave the usb cable conneted to pc

8.run the superboot details above

9.then do the clockwork details above

10.it should vibrate and go to clockwork.

11.take battery out if stuck at android screen

12.put it back in and let it reboot

works for me

Guest philmein

Of course it is and the ADB commands seem to work just fine

Which clockworkmod.img are you using? Is it taken from Pausl Custom version?

theres no typing involved with pauls cwm just a case of double clicking on the bat file so he may have used a different one ?

Edited by philmein

Guest tillaz

please do not root or install clockwork recovery yet, as i'm sure the method posted by Sebastian404 just boots clockworkmod on your phone (dose not install it )

dont worry this is most likely the problem me & a couple of otheres had when trying to root / install clockworkmod.

(need the google usb drivers manually installed)

i will be back on at 3 to help you fix thissmile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

if installing te proper drivers are the problem try this,

1- When you plug the OMC into pc usb you get a cd-drive in my computer, eject it !!! otherwise you won't get Androidphone device in device manager

2- You'll probably have to install java before you can install the sdk/google driver download tool, you'll be given the link by the sdk tool

3- When you execute SDK Manager.exe it might not start....I had to look under properties and choose win98/millemium compatibility to get it to work!

4-Even after starting SDK Manager.exe and choosing googleusbdrivers it still took four attempts before it finaly downloaded the drivers into the extra folder in the same SDK directory

5-Vista wouldn't allow to choose the *.inf data,... choose to find the driver from the list of device drivers on pc and then choose to search drives, choose your sdkmanager folder/google/extra and the *.inf data

6-Vista finds two Androidphone devices in Device manager, for the first one choose Android Bootloader interface and the second Android composite ADB interface

Hope that helps...

Guest PedroVader

I'm not sure if Paul had to modify the standard CWM to run on the Skate as he classified his as an unofficial modaco version when he uploaded and pinned it.

Guest dadashi

I'm not sure if Paul had to modify the standard CWM to run on the Skate as he classified his as an unofficial modaco version when he uploaded and pinned it.

sebastian and fibbelsan have an Orange Monte Carlo rom dump without clockwork installed....must have been Pauls as there arent any listed on the clockwork recovery list website...

Guest tillaz

the method he needs to use dose not actually install clockwork.... it just boots on the phone allowing you to make a clean rom dump.

checking this out now to see wot the problem is......

Edited by tillaz

Guest tillaz

ok, i can confirm you do not need to manually install the google usb drivers, i personally ran the same process and unfortunately had the same result as you had (dose not boot into clockwork)

but if you could try the following it might work

follow the process right to the end and re-enter 'fastboot-windows.exe boot clockworkmod.img'

it should now say waiting for device unplug the phone it should start to reboot & when the green android pops up hold down the volume down button till small vibration & release

hopefully it will boot into clockwork

if not i am stumped & will try contacting sabastion404, but this is the right way to go.

also is your phone 2.3.4 ? as a member in the rooting thread is saying there skate is 2.4.5....

Edited by tillaz

Guest ColonelZap

unplug the phone it should start to reboot & when the green android pops up hold down the volume down button till small vibration & release

also is your phone 2.3.4 ? as a member in the rooting thread is saying there skate is 2.4.5....

When I hold down the volume down button like you say, I get a white sqaure on the screen with "FTM" in it.

My phone is a 2.3.4

Guest ColonelZap

Vista :-)

6l79G.png

As soon I do fastboot the connection is lost, so when I re-enter the fastboot command the "waiting for device" makes sense. When I unplug the cable and press the Vol down button when the green Android shows up, I get into this "FTM" (<----factory mode???). I also tried this with Vol UP but that simply let the phone boot.

Edit: By the way, to get into MY recovery mode, I need to press home + vol UP and power. I tried that combination as well after the fastboot / unpluging, but of course it only took me into my recovery mode, not the clockwork one :(

Another edit: I also replaced my android drivers with the latest ones from the android sdk (as it was suggested before the post was edited)

Edited by ColonelZap

Guest wrtease

leave it on ftm mode and run superboot it should work,also do same for clockwork as i did this when testing a program for a dev it works.dont type dubble click each file .Rooting the Skate/Monte Carlo

1. first download the zip superboot

2. unzip it with 7zip

3. their will be 3 files you want to use ,double click eack file.

4. first run Adb-windows

5. now run fastboot-windows

6. now install-superboot-windows

7. mobile might reboot thats okay

8.move on to installing clockwork recovery

installing clockwork recovery for skate / monte carlo

their will be 3 files you want to use ,double click eack file.

1. first run Adb-windows

2. now run fastboot-windows

3. now install-recovery-windows

4. it should show a black screen with text showing clockwork is installing

5. the mobile should reboot to clockwork

Guest dadashi

When I hold down the volume down button like you say, I get a white sqaure on the screen with "FTM" in it.

My phone is a 2.3.4

FTM is the ZTE service mode...so that's good because if you had installed clockwork that would be gone and clockwork would start....

To get this to work you must have these two in your Vista device manager when you have your Skate plugged into your pc usb (I also have vista)

Android Bootloader interface and Android composite ADB interface... if you don't it won't work....

To get these in Vista device manager follow these tips I already posted above: (you'll need the SDK Manger.exe)

1- When you plug the OMC into pc usb you get a cd-drive in my computer, eject it !!! otherwise you won't get Androidphone device in device manager

2- You'll probably have to install java before you can install the sdk/google driver download tool, you'll be given the link by the sdk tool

3- When you execute SDK Manager.exe it might not start....I had to look under properties and choose win98/millemium compatibility to get it to work!

4-Even after starting SDK Manager.exe and choosing googleusbdrivers it still took four attempts before it finaly downloaded the drivers into the extra folder in the same SDK directory

5-Vista wouldn't allow to choose the *.inf data,... choose to find the driver from the list of device drivers on pc and then choose to search drives, choose your sdkmanager folder/google/extra and the *.inf data

6-Vista finds two Androidphone devices in Device manager, for the first one choose Android Bootloader interface and the second Android composite ADB interface

Edited by dadashi

Guest tillaz

Vista :-)

6l79G.png

As soon I do fastboot the connection is lost, so when I re-enter the fastboot command the "waiting for device" makes sense. When I unplug the cable and press the Vol down button when the green Android shows up, I get into this "FTM" (<----factory mode). I also tried this with Vol UP but that simply let the phone boot.

Edit: By the way, to get into MY recovery mode, I need to press home + vol UP and power. I tried that combination as well after the fastboot / unpluging, but of course it only took me into my recovery mode, not the clockwork one :(

we really need Sebastian404 to look at this, but it is how it should be done as it will just boot clockwork... (not install it) meaning we get a clean rom dump,

Guest stiefanu

FTM is the ZTE service mode...so that's good because if you had installed clockwork that would be gone and clockwork would start....

To ghet this to work you must have these two in your Vista device manager when you have your Skate plugged into your pc usb (I also have vista)

Android Bootloader interface and Android composite ADB interface... if you don't it won't work....

To get these in Vista device manager follow these tips I posted above: (you'll need the SDK Manger.exe)

If Google Drivers doesn't work, try these..I used them to flash clockworkmod recovery, because the google ones didn't work..

I taked them from a thread about ZTE Blade drivers in this forum!

http://www.mediafire.com/?5u4c4mkw0cueeuc

Guest tillaz

this probably is not a problem with drivers as it gave me the same result & the fact that the first method we tried half worked

(basically it connected meaning the drivers do work)

Guest dadashi

I've downloaded the Android phone drivers so you don't need to go through the sdkmanager. hastle.. just install these drivers in device manager when you plug your Skate in, using the *.inf data in the "usb driver" file...64bit and 32bit are both there for both vista version...and you'll have your device manager setup correctly for the romdump...

With Android Bootloader interface and Android composite ADB interface

zte_adb-usb_driver

Edited by dadashi

Guest dadashi

Edit: Sorry, my bad ;)

I will try different drivers after dinner :lol:

I had a look at your device manager settings from post #218 and they actually look OK, except you're getting ZTE bootloader / ZTE phone instead of "Android" bootloader / ADB...

not sure if that makes the difference but it's worth a shot with drivers I've posted above...

We really need Sebastian404 or fibblsan to help us out... actually Sebastian404 is in Sandiego California so might be better to try to try him around midnight our time....

PS: Replace this clockwork image with the one you've already tried, this is not Pauls and is sort of official version which I think Sebastian used in his dump....its version 4.0.1.5...Pauls was 4.0.1.4

SKATE_Clockwork image

Edited by dadashi