-------

Guest tillaz

uploading v1.8 now...

all problems are fixed (except this contact joining business, looking in to it though)

new kernel from tilal including new cpu goveners smartass & interactive & lots more tweaks

& i have further pushed gaming, app & quadrant performance, 1227 max without overclock smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest TouchyAndalou

uploading v1.8 now...

all problems are fixed (except this contact joining business, looking in to it though)

new kernel from tilal including new cpu goveners smartass & interactive & lots more tweaks

& i have further pushed gaming, app & quadrant performance, 1227 max without overclock smile.gif

Nice work mate, look forward to trying it out.

UPDATE: v1.8 now available, tested & working fine...

full wipe required .....

I'm thinking of upgradinf from 1.5 to 1.8, please can you tell me which icons the notifiaction bar has and what colour they are? Please tell me they are green and not the 4G icons!

Guest TouchyAndalou

I'm thinking of upgradinf from 1.5 to 1.8, please can you tell me which icons the notifiaction bar has and what colour they are? Please tell me they are green and not the 4G icons!

They're the blue 4G ones, or at least they were in 1.7 (just about to try 1.8)

I prefer the stock ones myself, but there's always the kitchen, right?

They're the blue 4G ones, or at least they were in 1.7 (just about to try 1.8)

I prefer the stock ones myself, but there's always the kitchen, right?

Check my post in this thread, post #167

Messaging -> Settings, force closes

Gtalk, force closes

The only two minor issues left I reckon. G8 rom!

Force close because of the rom or because you swapped the framework-res.apk?

Guest whatcolour

Force close because of the rom or because you swapped the framework-res.apk?

Happened on 1.7 as well, I of course wiped everything before flashing. Should be simple for tillaz to fix though

Edited by whatcolour

Guest TouchyAndalou

Talk force closes for me on 1.8, full wipe done.

Another strange thing (although not an issue for me) is on first boot when you log into your google account, that screen is missing where you have the option to restore apps from your account. It was there on 1.6 but missing on 1.7, 1.8.

Neither of these are problems for me, but thought I'd report them back.

Guest StevePJ

THis one works fine on my MC. However, the stock Messging App force closes any time i try to access settings. As i use Handcent i now keep getting two alerts for every Text. Annoying.

Is there anyway that i can remove some of the stock Apps such as books as i never use them.

I know how to get into the apps by extracting the file and which one to remove but when i have saved as a zip, the phone cannot install it...

IWhat i am doing wrong.....

Just a little thank you, I finally decided to root my phone and change the ROM. Used your 1.7. I am glad I did. Just a couple of small issues that I haven't seen mentioned here:

- I am using the power control widget (the normal one, not the advanced available in this ROM) and I can't switch off bluetooth from there. I can switch it on but not off

- I am wondering if there is a way of knowing which version of the ROM is installed. I know I downloaded 1.7 but how can I tell by looking at the phone?

- I don't like the blue theme, but well it is all in the name and someone pointed how to change that.

Otherwise, I need to redo battery calibration as it goes down very quickly but all the rest is very good. I am glad I put his ROM on

Thanks

Arnaud

THis one works fine on my MC. However, the stock Messging App force closes any time i try to access settings. As i use Handcent i now keep getting two alerts for every Text. Annoying.

Is there anyway that i can remove some of the stock Apps such as books as i never use them.

I know how to get into the apps by extracting the file and which one to remove but when i have saved as a zip, the phone cannot install it...

IWhat i am doing wrong.....

Tillaz...please can you provide the name of the apps in the rom and what the apps are called...so I can delete them before I flash my rom, thanks. I also don't use many apps you have provide in this ROM.

Tillaz...please can you provide the name of the apps in the rom and what the apps are called...so I can delete them before I flash my rom, thanks. I also don't use many apps you have provide in this ROM.

haven't got time to list all names of the apps, but if you tell me the names of the apps you want to remove i can give you the names in the .zip smile.gif

uploading v1.8-B now, fixes mms app & talk

although i would really like to remove the stock mms & replace it with go sms.... free pic messages, full customization & loads more.. it can even have the same layout as stock.. don't understand why people don't like it lol

Edited by tillaz

haven't got time to list all names of the apps, but if you tell me the names of the apps you want to remove i can give you the names in the .zip smile.gif

uploading v1.8-B now, fixes mms app & talk

although i would really like to remove the stock mms & replace it with go sms.... free pic messages, full customization& loads more.. it can even have the same layout as stock.. don't understand why people don't like it lol

The apps I would like to remove are: Battery solo widget, Books, Digi clock settings, Media Share, No-frills CPU.

The apps I would like to remove are: Battery solo widget, Books, Digi clock settings, Media Share, No-frills CPU.

com.davidgoemans.simpleClockWidget-1.apk

com.google.android.apps.books-1.apk

it.sineo.android.noFrillsCPU-1.apk

myriad_20110707_DLNA.apk

net.maicas.android.batterys-1.apk

wink.gif

com.davidgoemans.simpleClockWidget-1.apk

com.google.android.apps.books-1.apk

it.sineo.android.noFrillsCPU-1.apk

myriad_20110707_DLNA.apk

net.maicas.android.batterys-1.apk

wink.gif

Thanks Tillaz :)

Ive installed v18.b...full wipe....I keep getting forced closes for link2sd and super boot force close

not sure wot i can do with this as they are both working for me.. huh.gif.