LiquidNext, Terminal Emulator commands not working

Guest BejhanJ

Most commands in Android Terminal Emulator do not work for me. This came stock with LiquidNext so I thought it was strange it does't work for me. Even "ls" doesn't work for me (I get the permission denied message). I have tried using "su" which works (I get the # sign as my prompt) but I still get the permission denied message for "ls". How can I fix this?

Guest Daedric1383

Most commands in Android Terminal Emulator do not work for me. This came stock with LiquidNext so I thought it was strange it does't work for me. Even "ls" doesn't work for me (I get the permission denied message). I have tried using "su" which works (I get the # sign as my prompt) but I still get the permission denied message for "ls". How can I fix this?

Have you tried re-flashing ??

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have not tried re-flashing, I thought this would be overkill (and a pain in the ass) for such a small problem.

I have tried Busybox Installer, it cannot get root priviledge for some reason (even though the prompt comes up for me to allow and I do). I have tried replacing Busybox with Malez Recovery but this is not working either (I put an issue up on his project site, maybe these problems are related).

Edited by BejhanJ

i think that u have broblems with the root, maybe u removed superuser.apk

try to root ur device from malez.

I still have superuser.apk because it comes up to prompt me to give super user permissions to applications.

I have rooted my device with malez (using method 2).

Other applications are also not able to access commands. Root Explorer cannot access mount command.

I have rooted my device with malez (using method 2).

Why? Liquidnext is already rooted, you don't need to do nothing in recovery. Probably you have overwritten something. Reflash.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BejhanJ

this problem is fixed in our dev build (that will be LN 1.9)

sorry for this mistake of LN 1.8

I installed LN 1.9, now terminal just gets stuck, I can't even enter text. Anyway to fix this?