unable to 'wipe data/factory reset' (cannot mount sd-ext partition)

Guest pedrojaime

Guest pedrojaime

Hello good people,

I am hoping someone has seen this issue before. A few days back I noticed my clockwork backups were not quite working as expected. I get the same error running a backup as when I run 'wipe data/factory reset':

Formatting DATA:...

Formatting CACHE:...

Formatting SDEXT:...

E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (file exists)

Error mounting /sd-ext/!

Skipping format...

Formatting SDCARD:/..android_secure...

Data wipe complete.

Today, connecting the line out jack my media player went crazy (started skipping through all my mp3s until I decided to reboot. Now I am left without a phone because I cannot get the OS to come back. I tried resetting, pulling the battery out/restoring previus backup, restoring the baseling FTB ROM backup and finally re-flashing twrock's FTB ROM but its just refusing to work. Its a new (3-month-old class 10 microSD card). Now i just tried another ROM and it still gets stuck on the boot animation screen, never gets past that stage. Just tried to re-flash FTP and get thi time:

Installing update...

Formatting SYSTEM

Copying files...

E: Failure at line 8:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA: 

Installation aborted.

I am about to try the same procedure on an old 2gb SD card I had before buying this 8gb one to see if its the SD card partitions that is the problem.

EDIT: 2gb card works, have now successfully wiped and re-installed toti's 2.1 rom on this card but as before, its stuck in a booting loop so now trying to re-flash FTB on the old 2gb sdcard..

Any advice on partitioning to have a completely clean build this time?

Many thanks,

Peter

Edited by pedrojaime

Guest pedrojaime

OK! making some progress now! Just finished restoring completely my backup to the old 2gb SD card and everything is working perfectly. It would seem that my SD-EXT partition got corrupted in the new card so I am reading the Pulse guide..