Arghh help please....

Guest Monleyfish

Guest Monleyfish

I just bricked my Vega whilst updating to VC 9n, no problem just reflash modded stock V2 and try again - 1 problem I can't find my USB cable. A few questions :-

1. Is there anything special about the cable with the VEGA or can I just get a new one from Maplin?

2. VC won't boot past the warning screen, is there anything I can do or is it reflash time? Just thinking about it I installed over modded stock V1 could that be the source of my problems?

Many thanks

Adrian

I just bricked my Vega whilst updating to VC 9n, no problem just reflash modded stock V2 and try again - 1 problem I can't find my USB cable. A few questions :-

1. Is there anything special about the cable with the VEGA or can I just get a new one from Maplin?

2. VC won't boot past the warning screen, is there anything I can do or is it reflash time? Just thinking about it I installed over modded stock V1 could that be the source of my problems?

Many thanks

Adrian

It is reflash time I'm affraid.

About the cable, nothing special.. just 2 USB-A ends I though.

I had this problem when I used the .EXE file newbie delivered. It didn't got through the screen with vegacomb. You did wipe data/dalvik, cause I forgot that?

Guest Monleyfish

It is reflash time I'm affraid.

About the cable, nothing special.. just 2 USB-A ends I though.

I had this problem when I used the .EXE file newbie delivered. It didn't got through the screen with vegacomb. You did wipe data/dalvik, cause I forgot that?

Yes did all that, just forgot I was on Modded stock V1, wasn't sure if that was the problem but what the heck off to Maplins we go in the morning.

Thanks for replying.

Guest HypoTurtle

Many thanks

Adrian

I'm in the same boat as yourself. Decided not to wipe when updating (I usually at the very least wipe the caches) and got myself into a bootloop; although I blame link2sd (and unlinked libs). I've also misplaced my cable and was in maplins yesterday looking at them (have also left my laptop charger elsewhere (so can't reflash anyway) and there were none in maplins).

The only think 'special' required is that they should be USB2.0 (some people have tried using USB1.0 cables gotten cheaply from ebay). All the ones I seen were 2.0 so they should be fine.

If you haven't reflashed yet could you please see if you can connect via adb? If you could try "adb reboot recovery" to see if the device can be rebooted into CWM.

Guest Monleyfish

I'm in the same boat as yourself. Decided not to wipe when updating (I usually at the very least wipe the caches) and got myself into a bootloop; although I blame link2sd (and unlinked libs). I've also misplaced my cable and was in maplins yesterday looking at them (have also left my laptop charger elsewhere (so can't reflash anyway) and there were none in maplins).

The only think 'special' required is that they should be USB2.0 (some people have tried using USB1.0 cables gotten cheaply from ebay). All the ones I seen were 2.0 so they should be fine.

If you haven't reflashed yet could you please see if you can connect via adb? If you could try "adb reboot recovery" to see if the device can be rebooted into CWM.

Just reflashed, used AUDI and it all worked fine first time. Managed to find the original cable and I'm here using 9n happy days. All I've got to do now is install all my apps again. Forgot to back up :-(