Huawei Blaze

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Im in the UK again for a few weeks, and I found that Phones4U are going to be selling the Huawei Blaze in a few weeks time..

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_contract_details.asp?ItemKey=545097

Doing a bit of google-foo I found that this is also known as Blaze X3, IDEOS X3 or U8510...

So I'll be picking one up since I'm addicted, expect the usual clockwork mod etc...

but anyone know what differences (if any) there is between the models?

U8510=Blaze=X3

Confusing as usual :-)

There are 2 different versions (as far as I know)

U8510-0: 2100 Mhz only

U8510-1: 900/2100 Mhz

I haven't been able to confirm whether there are any additional hardware differences..

I own a U8510-0 but not the second model, although I've successfully flashed -1 software on it.

Incidentally, if you happen to figure out how to access all of the phone's memory contents while in the special flash mode (Vol Up+Vol Down+Power without SD card), please let me know.

On the U8800 (X5) this worked easily because there is a memory controller of some kind - on this phone (and others by Huawei) there seems to be none. I'm sure there is a trick to this.. but what is it ?

Guest Sebastian404

Tried 3 different stores this afternoon, none had stock... one of the guys I spoke with denied all knowledge of the device... despite standing infront of a huge poster advertising it's exclusivity to Phones4U as he was doing it...

try again next week

Guest Sebastian404

Tried 3 different stores this afternoon, none had stock... one of the guys I spoke with denied all knowledge of the device... despite standing infront of a huge poster advertising it's exclusivity to Phones4U as he was doing it...

try again next week

Just had a very interesting conversation with someone from thier PR department, they say 10th October before stores get stock..

Ah its the usual story, its all over th emedia that its launching on a certain date, and then it takes 2 weeks for stores to get stock... sigh..

tho I did also learn from my google-foo that Tesco Mobile are selling the thing from the same day, for £30 less... you can guess where I'll be going

• 3 months later...

Just had a very interesting conversation with someone from thier PR department, they say 10th October before stores get stock..

Ah its the usual story, its all over th emedia that its launching on a certain date, and then it takes 2 weeks for stores to get stock... sigh..

tho I did also learn from my google-foo that Tesco Mobile are selling the thing from the same day, for £30 less... you can guess where I'll be going

So I am guessing you got it from Tesco, was it locked, and if so how did u unlock it

cheers

Jim

Guest Sebastian404

So I am guessing you got it from Tesco, was it locked, and if so how did u unlock it

cheers

Jim

I ended up actually getting mine from Phones4U and feeling dirty about the whole experiance... still...

The Phones4U one is unlocked, they sell you a SIM card & topup at the same time, you can pick the network you want to be on.

I ended up actually getting mine from Phones4U and feeling dirty about the whole experiance... still...

The Phones4U one is unlocked, they sell you a SIM card & topup at the same time, you can pick the network you want to be on.

Got mine in the end from Tesco, and had to have it unlocked otherwise no major complaints do far other than the slight built quality when compaired to my LG P500, and sometimes the screen can be a bit tempermental