Advent Vega Driver Installer Error

Guest Philipp Keller

Guest Philipp Keller

Hi there

I try to install Modded Stock (in preparation to install VegComb) to my "Point of view mobii 10 inch".

I'm actually a Linux user. I've installed Windows XP on my Laptop just to put that ROM on my tablet as I couldn't find any good linux tutorials.

I'm following these instructions: http://tabletroms.co...tion-guide.html

When running Advent Vega Driver Installer 0.8.2.0 I encouter 2 problems:

1st: it doesn't recognize Vega when it is in recovery mode (doing the 2s back, 2s back+power, 2s back). Windows pops up the info that there is a new device but Advent Vega Driver Installer doesn't recognize it

2nd: when I go to Step 3 and click "Part C. Install correct driver" and then "Just get on with it. Do it for me!"

Then I get:

---------------------------

The driver has not been intalled.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE'.

The command used was:dpinst32 /PATH "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Philipp Keller\Desktop\audi\audi\Drivers\Recovery Driver" /LM /F /SW

Please report this problem back on the Modaco forum. A screen shot would be good. Thanks!

So that's what I do now. And here is my screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/dRy9e.jpg

I appreciate any help.

Greets

Philipp

Edited by Philipp Keller

Guest jevdroid

I've got the same tablet and I just took the VegaComb zipfile, put it on my SD card and used "software update". That worked fine for VegaComb 7 if I remember correctly, but didn't put CWM on it (which meant I couldn't update to build 8). From this point, I took the modified stock V2 and ran that. It installs the correct drivers if I'm not mistaken and takes the tablet back to a modified Advent Vega stock ROM (interesting to see how bad that looks compared to the PoV out of the box ROM!). From there on, I got CWM available that can easily be used to update to the latest and greatest.

Guest Philipp Keller

Ok, I managed to install VegaComb finally. Looks like all instructions on the web didn't work for me because

1. see problem above (maybe just my Windows installation)

2. my tablet didn't recognize any USB connection. Therefore all instructions involving adb didn't work.

This finally worked:

Put device into recovery mode, install drivers from here (see also "Firmware update instructions" for more details)

http://downloads.poi...ware%20upgrade/

Then follow these instructions beginning with "Installing ModdedStock" (the part with the drivers didn't work for my Point of View Mobii 10)

http://tabletroms.co...tion-guide.html

Took me about 7 hours to figure that out :-)

Edited by Philipp Keller

Guest Philipp Keller

Hey, thanks a lot for replying - I actually managed to go to VegaComb literally when you wrote your comment. See my comment below. Thanks for taking your time!

Hi there

I try to install Modded Stock (in preparation to install VegComb) to my "Point of view mobii 10 inch".

I'm actually a Linux user. I've installed Windows XP on my Laptop just to put that ROM on my tablet as I couldn't find any good linux tutorials.

I'm following these instructions: http://tabletroms.co...tion-guide.html

When running Advent Vega Driver Installer 0.8.2.0 I encouter 2 problems:

1st: it doesn't recognize Vega when it is in recovery mode (doing the 2s back, 2s back+power, 2s back). Windows pops up the info that there is a new device but Advent Vega Driver Installer doesn't recognize it

2nd: when I go to Step 3 and click "Part C. Install correct driver" and then "Just get on with it. Do it for me!"

Then I get:

The driver has not been intalled.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE'.

The command used was:dpinst32 /PATH "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Philipp Keller\Desktop\audi\audi\Drivers\Recovery Driver" /LM /F /SW

Please report this problem back on the Modaco forum. A screen shot would be good. Thanks!

So that's what I do now. And here is my screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/dRy9e.jpg

I appreciate any help.

Greets

Philipp

Hi Philipp.

Sorry, this is my fault. I didn't code this to account for non-English installs of Windows and didn't mention this in the AUDI thread. I'll fix the code and do a new release. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Gruss

Simon

Hey, thanks a lot for replying - I actually managed to go to VegaComb literally when you wrote your comment. See my comment below. Thanks for taking your time!

Hi Philipp.

I know you've fixed this, but I would be very grateful if you could check something for me.

What is the correct path to your Windows\System folder? I don't think it's my fault now I've looked at the code ;)

I ask Windows for the folder and it gives me c:\windows\system32 (I can see this in the error message) but it seems that this is wrong for your version of Windows.

Thank you!

Simon

Guest Philipp Keller

I know you've fixed this, but I would be very grateful if you could check something for me.

What is the correct path to your Windows\System folder? I don't think it's my fault now I've looked at the code ;)

Hi Simon, I'm happy to help if time allows.

Sorry, I'm actually a linux user so I don't know too much about Windows.

How can I find out which system folder is my "real" system folder? Inside C:\WINDOWS/ I have:

- system (no subfolders)

- system32 (many subfolders, but none called DRVSTORE, only one that's called drivers)

One particular thing about my windows installation is that I couldn't get any network working - I put all the VegaComb installation files on it via USB.