[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

"q " take it the full wipe is required due to the change from 2.3.5 to 2.3.7?

ya it is recommend anyway to stop any conflict with other builds.......just make a backup first :)

Guest plegdroid

ya it is recommend anyway to stop any conflict with other builds.......just make a backup first :)

will do, yes found out the hard way:lol: bloaterdroid will do fresh install.:)

Guest Racerboy

which gapps to use pls help me:D we need 2.3.7 right

gapps-gb-full-20110828-signed.zip (1st one on 1st post) worked fine for me, had no problems at all, it installs market 3.1.3 and updates itself to 3.1.5 :)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest rremedio

I guess I'm doing something wrong, I follow the instructions to the letter but the phone won't start with #213. It goes back to recovery by itself. #206 did work (I didn't test #210). Maybe the problem is the fact that I don't have a sd-ext partition? (it wasn't a problem with previous rom, but I'm thinking about it becouse it was a problem with and old 2.2 rom).

judging by the lack of comments and the fact its been very quiet on here today (no reports of problems in rom) i guess #213 is ok?

I haven't tried it yet, will get some time in a few hours & report back.

EDIT: everything ok so far. looks good

Edited by jm888

Guest plegdroid

judging by the lack of comments and the fact its been very quiet on here today (no reports of problems in rom) i guess #213 is ok?

feels silken, full wipe, the version of gapps used don't know which # it is but is 5.63 mg in size. bumped the battery and is holding really well:)

Guest shiner69

Will install in the morning and get back to you. Thanks for everything so far.

Guest Racerboy

I guess I'm doing something wrong, I follow the instructions to the letter but the phone won't start with #213. It goes back to recovery by itself. #206 did work (I didn't test #210). Maybe the problem is the fact that I don't have a sd-ext partition? (it wasn't a problem with previous rom, but I'm thinking about it becouse it was a problem with and old 2.2 rom).

a suggestion which may help you is to re-install your recovery (CWM 4.0.1.4 .img) either through terminal emulator, fastboot, recovery manager 0.37b........someone reported a similar issue with a different rom from somewhere and i suggested 1 of the above and it fixed the problem......let me know if it works or not.......sd-ext partition if you dont have one should`nt make a difference but to eliminate any issues copy your files from sdcard into a folder on your computer desktop and perform a format of the sdcard on your computer (fat32 default allocation) try install again then copy files back onto sdcard.......

Edited by Racerboy

Guest wipi4pda

Hi all, do not beat strongly and well, I have a 113 build of the samebug graffichesky installing applications, and put the 179 build of 4pda there is no graphical bug!

post-932751-0-80638900-1317728742_thumb.

Edited by wipi4pda

Guest Racerboy

So we get an error nly me, tell me where that change I will change!how to stretch this image is in the same lizhit framework-res.apk?

PLEASE DONT SPAM MY THREAD WITH YOUR ISSUE, 1 POST IS ENOUGH, BE PATIENT AND PEOPLE WILL HELP

this is minor issue, easiest way for you is change the packageinstaller.apk from the 179 to 213 and that wil solve the glitch..........

post-910581-0-59468800-1317730791_thumb.

Guest andy787786

NEW ROM: 2.3.5 #213 calander has been fixed

Installation instructions on 1st post of this thread aswell as the download links :)

i wont be porting anymore for a week or 2 until finished decorating/moving to new house..........i will visit forum to see hows things are going :D

Installing now... :)

Guest equiliym

NEW ROM: 2.3.5 #213 calander has been fixed

Installation instructions on 1st post of this thread aswell as the download links :)

i wont be porting anymore for a week or 2 until finished decorating/moving to new house..........i will visit forum to see hows things are going :D

sad to hear that, you were doing great job so far.. well, thumbs up, finish your moving, some things are more important than internet and computers :D

Guest rjpa123

Hello.

Obviously, I'm a newbie.

I would like to ask three simple questions:

1) I recently installed TigTex's Mooncake 113 ROM successfully. I have no idea if it's a generation 1 or 2 racer. Could someone please enlighten me.

2) Do Racerboy's ROMs have Portuguese support?

3) What is the difference between the ROM with SWAP and the ROM without SWAP?

Finally, I would like to express my gratitude to Racerboy.

People like you make our lives a little better.

Please and thank you.

Edited by rjpa123

Guest Racerboy

Hello.

Obviously, I'm a newbie.

I would like to ask three simple questions:

1) I recently installed TigTex's Mooncake 113 ROM successfully. I have no idea if it's a generation 1 or 2 racer. Could someone please enlighten me.

2) Does Racerboy's ROMs have Portuguese support?

3) What is the difference between the ROM with SWAP and the ROM without SWAP?

Finally, I would like to express my gratitude to Racerboy.

People like you make our lives a little better.

Please and thank you.

hi, we are here to learn and share info :)

1. when you bought your Racer phone it would have been either 2.1 or 2.2 android stock on it, 2.1 is gen1 and 2.2 is gen2, also IF your phone operator has give you an upgrade through tpt (Total Phone Transfer) from 2.1 to 2.2 this would make your phone a gen2 also.

2. Yes all cm7 have many languages included in the roms, how to change the language, app menu/settings/language & keyboard/select language

3. swap and non swap: non swap is a standard rom basically, a swap rom has the same features but is also able to use virtual RAM from your sdcard to cope with extra apps that you may install on your phone, the downside to this is battery life will decrease and you`ll have to charge your phone more often......you can also damage your sdcard from pro-longed use with swap......

EDIT: btw your phone will be gen1 if you have tigtex`s 113 installed

Edited by Racerboy

Guest rjpa123

Thank you for the prompt reply, Racerboy.

Last question:

Can I install your ROM?

I have no idea if my phone was gen 1 or gen 2 and I noticed your thread specifically mentions generation 1.

Please and thank you.

EDIT: Your edit answered my question.

Edited by rjpa123

Guest Racerboy

Thank you for the prompt reply, Racerboy.

Last question:

Can I install your ROM?

I have no idea if my phone was gen 1 or gen 2 and I noticed your thread specifically mentions generation 1.

Please and thank you.

EDIT: Your edit answered my question.

do you have ClockWorkRecovery Mod (CWM) as your recovery or RA-Recovery to install roms? if you have CWM just follow the instructions on 1st post and you`ll be fine

Guest andrethril

Racerboy,

Just to inform you that my problem about no receiving text messages is solved. It seems to be a bug with the memory management that when the phone first boots after a clean install, the RAM starts to get more and more full over time... If I restart the phone everything comes back to normal! Bah... so easy...

Meanwhile I installed #213 and everything seems to be ok atm. Good job ;)

Even so, I have a question: it is possible to have the wifi connection allways on, even when the screen goes off? I chose to stay always on on settings. But when the screen goes off, wifi is turned off. This just doesn't happen if the phone is charging... (I experienced this issue in all your roms so far...)

Thank you