[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest gagan313

Interesting question... but there's only one problem

Android is opensource, you can make a lot of devices run that operating system. iOS is not opensource so you can't make a port to other devices than the apple ones.

the on/off animation can be fixed by editing the framework-res.apk file.

ok thanks.......:) :( :) :(

Guest Racerboy

the on/off animation can be fixed by editing the framework-res.apk file.

yes i`m in the process of doing this :) and also the "status_bar_background" transparency, need to edit the services.jar file aswell

Edited by Racerboy

Hey one more thing......people have been saying that the zte racer has 256 mb of ram... but some others say it has only 128mb??

Well, I read that one guy disassembled his racer and it has 512mb of ram just like the blade (some blades have 512mb of ram but they are blocked to 256 by software, it would be fun if the racer has the same situation) -> i won't work on this, it will damage/brick my racer for sure!

Right now, every racer has 256mb of ram.

installed gapps0404, I had a problem with Gmail force closing (using 206 no swap), and trying to update Gmail from Market caused market to hang.

reloaded gapps-gb-full-20110729, and that cleared up the problem, gmail works fine now.

Guest Racerboy

installed gapps0404, I had a problem with Gmail force closing (using 206 no swap), and trying to update Gmail from Market caused market to hang.

reloaded gapps-gb-full-20110729, and that cleared up the problem, gmail works fine now.

thks for the info :) i dont think that theirs one gapps package that works for all users, seems to be a combination of 3 or 4 packages that work for everybody, i`ll ammend the first post with some more gapps packages to reflect the difference........

I have a question (although, I think already know the answer and don't like it :( ). Last week I put 203 on my Racer and because there were so many complaints here on that ROM, I decided to go for custom kernel that was mentioned in first post of by user 'vamshistunne'.

After a few days I was sure than next time I'll rather change phone than ROM ;) Then - fatal flow: bluetooth is not working at all. When checked, it just stay for a while and go unchecked again.

Yesterday, I installed 206v2 and it is OK: didn't found any problem so far except battery. Battery is same as in 203, as in 176, better than TigTex (sorry man, I really appreciate your work, looking forward for more) but nothing close that custom kernel.

Now, question: if I put custom kernel over this 206v2, will bluetooth stop working again? Blutooth support is part of kernel, right? Maybe 'vamshistunner' can take a look or something?

Guest Racerboy

I have a question (although, I think already know the answer and don't like it :( ). Last week I put 203 on my Racer and because there were so many complaints here on that ROM, I decided to go for custom kernel that was mentioned in first post of http://android.modac...-cm7-nightlies/ by user 'vamshistunne'.

After a few days I was sure than next time I'll rather change phone than ROM ;) Then - fatal flow: bluetooth is not working at all. When checked, it just stay for a while and go unchecked again.

Yesterday, I installed 206v2 and it is OK: didn't found any problem so far except battery. Battery is same as in 203, as in 176, better than TigTex (sorry man, I really appreciate your work, looking forward for more) but nothing close that custom kernel.

Now, question: if I put custom kernel over this 206v2, will bluetooth stop working again? Blutooth support is part of kernel, right? Maybe 'vamshistunner' can take a look or something?

i think the bluetooth (.apk file) was at fault in the last build #203 as nobody has reported bluetooth not working in anyother build prior to #203, should be fine with vamshistunner`s kernal, the only bug was the radio not working as far as i know (and the other know issues): i would make a backup 1st then install the kernal update, should`nt be any problems :)

i think the bluetooth (.apk file) was at fault in the last build #203 as nobody has reported bluetooth not working in anyother build prior to #203, should be fine with vamshistunner`s kernal, the only bug was the radio not working as far as i know (and the other know issues): i would make a backup 1st then install the kernal update, should`nt be any problems :)

Thanks man, I just tried and it seems to be working. I just have to ask first, don't have that much time to change ROMs few times per day ;)

Guest lfernandes

I'm using version 201 with swap, everything is ok, last battery charge 83 hours ago (measured with spareparts) and still 29% of battery. I don't made too much calls, i'm not using 3G network (I selected "use only 2G network" but I've surfed a loot on internet using wifi, so I think this version is great

Guest shiner69

basically its the system.ui i believe that controls alot of graphical features and some how causing a conflict somewhere, the stock version of this file that comes with cyanogen builds has wifi-tether option included but the notification bar is buggy and not as good performance generally, so i replaced it with one i know works great and fixes these problems but at the cost of wifi-tether option not being displayed, still works but you have to use 3rd party app to have an interface with it, i`m going to look at the .apk file format of it and see if i can change it but i`m no expert on this matter.....

Its great to see someone like you wanting to expand the capabilities of this phone. Okay its a cheap chinese phone, but here in Australia, the only producer of this phone is Telstra, and they will not upgrade it.. Currently the price has dropped and you can purchase it for about $70. Definitely cheap and if you are willing to experiment you can turn this otherwise lame phone into something quite acceptable. I am really starting to love this phone. As a computer technician, I knew nothing about Android but thanks to the info you provide and the great help that I got from jm888, I am amazed at what this phone can do. Keep up the good work. Great stuff. Thanks

Guest shiner69

you can install "Barnacle Wifi Tether" for this as mensioned in post#1 above :)

No problem with installing Barnicle, however if I upgrade to 206V2 will the radio and bluetooth still work??

Guest Racerboy

No problem with installing Barnicle, however if I upgrade to 206V2 will the radio and bluetooth still work??

yes they will work still, just make a backup 1st as always :)

Guest gagan313

Well, I read that one guy disassembled his racer and it has 512mb of ram just like the blade (some blades have 512mb of ram but they are blocked to 256 by software, it would be fun if the racer has the same situation) -> i won't work on this, it will damage/brick my racer for sure!

Right now, every racer has 256mb of ram.

WOW, just imagine if this forum's team experts just happedned to unlock the 512mb of ram........... mabye they could create a rom that supports 512 mb of rom that would be so amazing...

i could run windows xp on it (slowly lol ) and all the ps1 games!!!!

could this forum do it though?

Guest vamshistunner

Hello guys,

Today i played around with kernel to fix the FM, but couldn't get to know why it is not capturing the signals. I need to look deeper to find out what is the problem, as i am busy with other things can't really look at it.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest wooly_sammoth

Hadn't had a chance until just this minute.

It installed without an issue and the screen calibration is excellent.

The test for it will be installing #208 :)