[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

a few qwerks I've found is purely cosmetic in some of the legending is miss giving the activity it's carrying out, vol+ states blue tooth, and long press states to solve a math problem:lol: :)

Guest Glock24

Yes, it have universal boot (gen1/gen2). But! Project android-builder.ru in the test period and we don't have english version. It is online rom builder =) We add english version next week.

А new kernel, available in the kitchen have some features:

1) New touchscreen driver with zoomhack, perfect calibration and sensitive

2) Optimized kernel (with config, based on blade config by Tom Giordano)

We don't test usb host - we are sorry... We'll do this later =)

I just installed the new kernel over ROM #224, the most notable change for me is that now my camera works!

As for calibration I cannot notice any change, it worked fine before.

In the "Pointer location" option in dev tools, the pointers are way off when to fingers touch the screen, and behave strangely. The pointers do not follow the finger movement, but as I imagine this is a hack and would not expect much from that.

I tried the pinch zooming in the gallery, but does not work.

227 is very nice to use overall, has a good feel to it. :)

pinch zoom works in browser, and gallery - makes the browser experience much better. The new font is very good.

overall a very exciting rom.

issues that I have experienced so far:

my tracks will not install via TB or from Market (incompatible with ZTE racer)

online banking application would not install from TB, Google Markets now says it is incompatible with ZTE Racer, but it is same version I run on 213 rom

reboot gives message "incorrect pin code", and a quick flashed box with text saying "you have incorrectly drawn your screen...." ( disappears too fast to see all the text ), but can enter pin ok

calendar in day/week/month view shows black screen below date header

rom allows auto brightness option, even though racer has no hardware for auto brightness ( eg power control widget has useless compulsory auto setting)

thanks

Guest gagan313

WOW I CANT WAIT TO INSTAll the new rom.......installing now.........(10 years later)

wow i like the new dual touch...... the touchscreen feels much better than before.......

cant find any issues yet....... thanks alot......biggrin.gif

oh yeh btw....... the home , menu and back buttons dont vibrate and when i turn volume rocker up /down it says somthing about bluetooth........

Edited by gagan313

Guest Rahulj85

Pinch zoom doesnt seem to be working for me in the gallery. the hang up button for the slider is seems to be going outside the screen..so far these are the issues i have come across. Apart from this, the rom seems to be very stable. Love the spot on calibration.

Thumbs up to racerboy and deadlink..btw +1 for the new bootup screen..i have been stuck with the weird 'w' pic for 5 months now..:-)

227 is very nice to use overall, has a good feel to it. :)

pinch zoom works in browser, and gallery - makes the browser experience much better. The new font is very good.

overall a very exciting rom.

issues that I have experienced so far:

my tracks will not install via TB or from Market (incompatible with ZTE racer)

online banking application would not install from TB, Google Markets now says it is incompatible with ZTE Racer, but it is same version I run on 213 rom

reboot gives message "incorrect pin code", and a quick flashed box with text saying "you have incorrectly drawn your screen...." ( disappears too fast to see all the text ), but can enter pin ok

calendar in day/week/month view shows black screen below date header

rom allows auto brightness option, even though racer has no hardware for auto brightness ( eg power control widget has useless compulsory auto setting)

thanks

I'm finding the long press end call>screenshot is not doing anything, no popup message, nor is a new screenshot file created.

The calendar widget normally displays the next meeting, with the meeting time as the heading. Instead of the heading being the meeting time, it now shows the text "Factory test failed".

hope this helps.

Guest Racerboy

Guys thx for the feedback on BETA #227, as i said previously because cyanogen has not released the new build for blade yet i`ve tried to update the main changes from other sources and the apps too, there is only so much i can do to try and keep changes in line with other devices i stress this is a BETA and i will look at the ROM again today to fix all the bugs you have pointed out, your feedback is in-valueable in finding and reporting bugs/errors.........this IS an experimental build because i was bored with waiting

screenshot share feature wont work until new blade build release

Glock24 your camera works now, nice, will be the new kernal i think

inclusion of market, now saying some apps are not compatible with device.....will look at this again

other minor corrections, again to do with other sources i used and will fix them today

Guest Racerboy

WOW I CANT WAIT TO INSTAll the new rom.......installing now.........(10 years later)

wow i like the new dual touch...... the touchscreen feels much better than before.......

cant find any issues yet....... thanks alot......biggrin.gif

oh yeh btw....... the home , menu and back buttons dont vibrate and when i turn volume rocker up /down it says somthing about bluetooth........

Heptic feedback is not supported with the new deadlink kernal on soft keys :)

EDIT: the old Touch_To_Key bin file was not compatible with new kernal, new version of the file is now available and i will include in next build for those want soft key vibration back...

Edited by Racerboy

Guest deadlink

Heptic feedback is not supported with the new deadlink kernal on soft keys :)

Put this file in /system/bin/ and haptic feedback to work, but it's a bad solution because a lot of resources consumed.

haptic_feedback.sh.zip

Turn on the haptick feedback in the sound settings and reboot to activate.

Guest Racerboy

Put this file in /system/bin/ and haptic feedback to work, but it's a bad solution because a lot of resources consumed.

haptic_feedback.sh.zip

Turn on the haptick feedback in the sound settings and reboot to activate.

thx, alot of people do miss it, i`m getting use to it without feedback now and yes will aid battery life :)

Guest plegdroid

thx, alot of people do miss it, i`m getting use to it without feedback now and yes will aid battery life :)

must admit does feel a little 2 dimensional without it, a little clinical, performance leap is huge. me thinking people will choose between the available kernel s and choice is a good thing. both Shri's and Deadlink's kernel are excellent. :)

Guest mladenovic73

I use 224 with deadlink kernel and it is exellent combination.I try to use without vibration soft keys.Batery much better i must say.

Finaly new nightly,a was afraid that thay foget about aslaugh.gif.

Guest ClydeRadcliffe

Hi,

today I installed #227 beta to friends Racer. It mostly work great.Here are my observation:

- I had some graphical issues like crappy graphics on display brightness slider but that was all gone after first reboot.

- Phone cant be booted if the USB cable is connected.

- Multitouch kinda works but is very buggy and not usable. Is there a way to disable that feature?

- Choosing keyboard Input method cant be done via Input method option after long press on text box. When I click on that option nothing happens. I had to install GO Keyboard and choose another keyboard through keyboard selection option in GO keyboard.

-Calibration works very good. Only thing I noticed is that it is hard to slide down the notification area when I am in landscape mode.

This is all that I noticed so far. No critical issues. Rom was very stable and fast during initial testing.

Guest Racerboy

@ClydeRadcliffe

#227 beta was an attempt to bring out a ROM that was more upto date than the original #227 with updated source/apps

some features where not quite right and experimental, hopefully will correct any issues in #241 which will now be delayed for a day or 2 as more work is needed on this one :)

" Phone cant be booted if the USB cable is connected." i posted earlier about this, when in CWM and usb connected, reboot and sticks on green droid screen until you disconnect usb, it has to be a kernal issue as happens on boot of phone initiation before rom/bootanimation loads in....doesnt happen with other kernals installed

Guest deadlink

- Multitouch kinda works but is very buggy and not usable. Is there a way to disable that feature?

in terminal:

setprop touhscreen.zoomhack 0

or in build.prop:

touhscreen.zoomhack=0

Guest Rahulj85

@ClydeRadcliffe

#227 beta was an attempt to bring out a ROM that was more upto date than the original #227 with updated source/apps

some features where not quite right and experimental, hopefully will correct any issues in #241 which will now be delayed for a day or 2 as more work is needed on this one :)

" Phone cant be booted if the USB cable is connected." i posted earlier about this, when in CWM and usb connected, reboot and sticks on green droid screen until you disconnect usb, it has to be a kernal issue as happens on boot of phone initiation before rom/bootanimation loads in....doesnt happen with other kernals installed

no hurries man..take your time..:-)

Guest ClydeRadcliffe

in terminal:

setprop touhscreen.zoomhack 0

or in build.prop:

touhscreen.zoomhack=0

Thanx. I will try that.

@Racerboy. Thanx for your reply.

I read your post about USB cable. IT wasn't meant as a criticizm or something like that. I was just summing up what I noticed :)

Anyway functionality-wise it works quite nicely. Looking forward to #241. Thanx for your work on Racer. Take as much time as you need / can afford to spent on it.

Guest SoftStoner

Actually, not being able to fully disable haptic feedback was one of my major gripes (compared to the default Android 2.1 on my TMN Soft Stone). If this build has haptic feedback disabled on the soft keys, I'm sold! :)