[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Manuel Cristo

hi, this thread is for discussing custom cm7 nightlies for the RACER and not stock roms.........thx

BTW why flash a ZTE RACER/X850 stock rom with a ZTE Link........you are asking for problems........

they all work but that chinese rom :P. it's recogniezed as zte link by the software update tool, and sold with this name, but i can flash zte racer and x850 roms :-s. great rom btw

sorry for posting about official roms here and thanks for the fast boot..fixed my green android booting loop

Edited by Manuel Cristo

Guest Racerboy

they all work but that chinese rom :P. it's recogniezed as zte link by the software update tool, and sold with this name, but i can flash zte racer and x850 roms :-s. great rom btw

sorry for posting about official roms here and thanks for the fast boot..fixed my green android booting loop

no problem, i`m glad it helped.......am surprised though unless you replaced the recovery.img with your own for link...........but anyway......welcome

Guest Racerboy

im using 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #224v2 seems to be working!

you finally upgraded i see, #224 and the v2 versions are very stable/usable i hope it serves you well, maybe try out #257v2 in afew months lol......

Guest plegdroid

im using 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #224v2 seems to be working!

nice choice, that's my rom at the moment, I even did a full wipe flash with it, which for me is a real pain ;)

glad you got it on :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest sam tyler

except i forgot to copy my texts!! so i had to go back and write them down(only a few!)going back on it now.(titanium doesnt back up messages!) grr!

Guest plegdroid

except i forgot to copy my texts!! so i had to go back and write them down(only a few!)going back on it now.(titanium doesnt back up messages!) grr!

if only you could travel back in time............ sorry could not help myself :D

Your SMS messages are held in Titanium Backup item called "[sMS/MMS PREFS] Messaging 2.3.7", but your texts don't appear until you reboot.

Guest sam tyler

i was in 2012 and then i woke up in the 1990`s! with only a nokia 8810i !! i have to wait for about 10/12 years before i get an racer! NO!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! but phone is working so far! but down side my messages didnt come over to new ROM(even with titanium back up)

Edited by sam tyler

Guest plegdroid

i was in 2012 and then i woke up in the 1990`s! with only a nokia 8810i !! i have to wait for about 10/12 years before i get an racer! NO!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! but phone is working so far! but down side my messages didnt come over to new ROM(even with titanium back up)

just glad you got it working, ironically I used to live in Hyde :lol: where sam Tyler used to work :D

Guest sam tyler

does anyone know how to get the icon to see other apps on the phone?(it looks like a number of squares just above the menu sign)i put my finger on the screen and it went!! i cant get to see my other apps! help!

Guest plegdroid

does anyone know how to get the icon to see other apps on the phone?(it looks like a number of squares just above the menu sign)i put my finger on the screen and it went!! i cant get to see my other apps! help!

try dragging your finger from where menu is onto the screen where the box of squares was and if should come back, that used to drive me daft :D

edit, just tried it and it's the other way around, swipe down from where it was towards menu and it comes back :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest sam tyler

its ok i worked it out! pull with finger just above the menu sign.but i have press and hold the icon and move it to an empty screen then move it back .adw......madness!!

Guest plegdroid

was about to go back to 2.3.4 !! there must be an way of changing adw to something else?

just download another launcher from market, my favorite is go launcher ex, but you've just got to pick one you like.

Guest sam tyler

i think thats what i do. so far on this ROM i have notice that when im using the music player,the artist/track info is covered up by the forward/back/play and bar icons.but i can now receive blue tooth files but not send them! have to check settings i think.titanium back up did work for email but not my text.so far so good but i only have 9.62 mb left on my system ROM! lol! is there an way of getting rid of the other ROM`S safely on my phone? and will i have to keep the 2.1 ROM that came with the phone? might be an answer in CWM (maybe!)(i have 4 now on it!)

Edited by sam tyler

Guest plegdroid

i think thats what i do. so far on this ROM i have notice that when im using the music player,the artist/track info is covered up by the forward/back/play and bar icons.but i can now receive blue tooth files but not send them! have to check settings i think.titanium back up did work for email but not my text.so far so good but i only have 9.62 mb left on my system ROM! lol! is there an way of getting rid of the other ROM`S safely on my phone? and will i have to keep the 2.1 ROM that came with the phone? might be an answer in CWM (maybe!)(i have 4 now on it!)

again I don't use the music player that comes with it I use mort player. when you say you've only got so many meg left in system the amount you've got left is as expected to be left, or am I misinterpeting what your asking :

Guest Racerboy

@sam tyler:

if you`ve got lots of apps installed then maybe the system partition (internal storage) is getting full, you can goto settings/applications and move some of the installed apps to sdcard thus freeing up more internal storage space.............or am i way off here and your on about how much space you have left on your sdcard ?

Guest plegdroid

well anyhoo, a few day's ago I took the plunge and did a full wipe flash with #224v2,those who know me, know I usually flash ott of another rom. I wiped due to some suspend issue I had. my fault instructions@ post #1 clearly state full wipe. I should do this more often, battery stonking, smooth, really smooth! the difference between none wipe and full wipe are considerable. so lesson here folks is "read the instructions " verdict. a new benchmark rom, and my new daily. :D

but I am lazy :lol:

Guest Racerboy

PLUS carrying on from Plegdroids post, by doing a full clean wipe and install of any rom - any errors or bugs will be replicated very easily and makes the job of correcting them easier............OTT Plegdroid lol :lol: amazing what a fresh install does........

Guest plegdroid

PLUS carrying on from Plegdroids post, by doing a full clean wipe and install of any rom - any errors or bugs will be replicated very easily and makes the job of correcting them easier............OTT Plegdroid lol :lol: amazing what a fresh install does........

I even de bloated my apps install, so now slim-droid:lol:

Guest sam tyler

sorry i didnt get back.`net cut on me,what i was stating what titanium back said.pity there is no way to show you on here what t.b. was showing me(screen shot?)but i have radio again! and the Bluetooth is fully working now! i see lock-screen design has changed.can i bring over some apps from the 2.3.4. ROM? i.e. news/weather books etc, or will i get a boot loop like i got when i went from 2.1 to 2.3.4?(brought other apps over using t.b.)and as i said,i now have 3 roms backed up via c.w.m.can i get rid of the others or will it harm my phone?(i can also see them in file manager)i realised now that i dont need to keep so much widgets etc on the home screen`s as when you get back to them(home screen),it takes a bit for the phone to show them! i will stay with this ROM for a bit,or until i break it! thanks for the ROM/advice.cheers.

Edited by sam tyler