Battery lasts 3-4 hours (even after wipe)

Guest mmace

Any ideas or advice?

I've previously owned G1 and Desire as well as the wife having various Android phones. I got the Optimus 3D on launch day (SIM free) which is the phone I now have a problem with

I live in a strong 3G area (O2), I have wifi on and set to never off on sleep, I have GPS on 24/7 (as I did with my previous phones without this extreme battery issue) as I use Latitude and things to track my cycling twice a day during weekdays (20 minutes at a time). Screen brightness is at 45%

I started with this issue a week or 2 ago (can't pinpoint exactly), yesterday I did a system restore and wiped everything but it's no better today.

Not really done anything different with the O3D than with my Desire or G1 in the settings.

see the screenshots below from this morning, no cycling done, just woke up, unplugged, checked emails, Google+ and Facebook

The phone is very laggy, like the CPU is always in use compared to a few weeks ago. It's on the latest firmware for the UK (SIM free), it's rooted but has stock ROM.

I have a 2500mah battery too and that lasts around 6 hours maximum.

I don't want to use apps like juice defender as I want to use it as a smartphone (rather than telling it when to download or connect to the web), I want emails when they arrive and things like latitude running in the background 24/7, everything that worked fine on my previous phones and the wife's phones and my brothers phones.

Screenshots and list of installed apps below.

Since the screenshots I've used the phone to track me to work on my bike (Cardiotrainer, 17 minutes) and my battery is under 15% now

screens shots of battery useage:

list of installed apps (before and after wipe):

2G-3G OnOff

Air

Flash

Angry Birds (all)

Ant Smasher

App 2 SD Free

Archercraft 3D

Argos Buddy

Astro

Barcode Scanner

Dolphin

Calorie Counter

cardiotrainer

cars memory game

dropbox

easyshare

ebay

facebook

faceniff

DYAC

Flashlight

Friendcaster Pro

Gmail

Maps

Goggles

Google+

Handcent

Handcent Emoji

IMDb

Kid Mode

Krazy Kart Racing

Launcher Pro

Leeds Total News

Lemonhead

Google Music

Market Enabler

myPlayer

Newsrob

Newsrob Pro

NZBAir Premium

Offline Dictionaries

Out of Milk

PayPal

Peekaboo Barn

Phereo

PicSay Pro

Plex

Pocket Auctions eBay

Reckless Racing

Remote VNC Pro

SDrescan

Sky+

Soccer Scores FotMob

Soundhound

SpeedX

Lynx Stream

Swype

SyncMyPix

TuneIn Radio

Twidroyd

Twin Pic 3D

Voucher Cloud

Wapedia

WebMD

Words Cheat

Words with friends

Yumm

Youtube (update)

Edited by mmace

"Partial Wake Usage" is showing a very similar story to screenshot 1, "Android System" taking up a lot of usage.

Also, if I "charge" from a USB port in a PC, I lose about 1% an hour rather than gaining charge! (PC at work or home)

I would suggest you get titanium backup pro (pro version for the extra features), and use the freeze option to start disabling apps. Disable the ones that you have installed or updated since you started having these issues. Since you have done a system restore I guess the only things that will have changed are the apps, hence this line of troubleshooting. Although you've found android system to be taking up the bulk of your battery, I suspect it is influenced by apps.