Ginger Stir Fry

Guest Per Åkesson

Guest slackereconomy

a little disappointed reading through the wreckage of the other thread and this. wbaw is not my friend, I don't know the guy, but if my BEST friend was doing something like this i'd cut him some slack and accord him a little respect despite our closeness, understanding that he was helping me out, and let him go about his business at the pace he chose (he is doing me a favor after all).... a stranger who was doing this for me i'd give even more leeway to, since he has no responsibility to me whatsoever. with attitudes like those I've seen displayed I don't blame people in the least for saying "do I really need this?"

That said, many have been more reasonable, and showed the true spirit of community (that's "we're all on the same side" for those who have forgot) and showed gratitude and understanding. but they are arselickers apparently. unbelievable. lets hope the next Dev that works for beer money donations is greeted a little more fairly.

Guest Chuzzwuzzer

Recently installed b27 and seems fine apart from 3 or 4 times i've tried to wake the phone and i get nothing.Cant turn it on or off.Just get a blank screen.Only way to get it to boot again is to remove the battery.

Guest Pafinho

I just went to CM7 after using GSF earlier version, probably 16 or something. CM7 has definitely improved since the early days, but the number of FC's and times I've had to pull the battery since installing CM7 is more than the zero over the few months I was using GSF. Plus CM7 is noticeably slower.

I am guessing WBAW is reacting to negative comments placed on the forums. All I have to say is you always get people giving such comments on the internet, even if what you do is superb. Just have to ignore the loons.

I have CM7 n218 file in my sd card, but i´m not sure if I´ll do thje flash.

Current I´m using BladeMix. GSF B27 was using a lot of battery, so e decided to try a new ROM. So far so good. For me, the best GSF was B26, but for some people the lack of BT is an issue.

Abraço

Pedro

Guest jonmac73

for anyone interested take a look at the XDA thread post 117 onwards

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1204407&page=12

Seems like doesn't matter where you go there will always be people that manage to get upset.

Personally wish all this hadn't happened on the boards.

Someone got off their ass and built something for others for free at the end of the day. I and many others no doubt will lose out as I still use GSF B22 as it seems perfect for my needs and would hope development continues.

Will be trying Blade Mix and CM7 over coming weeks, otherwise be back at GSF B22.

I've been using wbaw's GSF since beta2, I think, and so far, I haven't had any major issues.

The only thing that I found that had stopped working is the app GoWeather, on which we press the menu button and it does nothing... which leads to being unable to set your location, metric system and so on.

Since I honestly enjoy this ROM, went back to the market and finally found PalmeryWeather(free) and installed it. :) No need to keep bugging people about it, right? If it was something critical, I would've just changed to some other ROM.

GSF beta27 runs great! Using 7Launcher(weekdays) and GoLauncherEX(weekends). :) great piece of work wbaw. Keep it up, on whichever forum, tbh.

Guest targetbsp

I tried the CM7 n217 but GSF b27 more faster and smooth, at least in 2d.

You need to switch CM7 to 16 bit mode under Cm Settings -> performance to achieve similar 2d scrolling performance as ZTE based roms.

Guest rockstarszzzz

You need to switch CM7 to 16 bit mode under Cm Settings -> performance to achieve similar 2d scrolling performance as ZTE based roms.

Also making 'windows transition' and animation - as fast in spare parts helps a lot!

Guest Per Åkesson

vibrate, ring, BT tether

Dear GSF users,

I'm happy with GSF b22. But there are 3 remaining issues for me:

- i'd like incoming sms to vibrate, is that possible?

- i'd like a separate ring signal for incoming SMS, is that possilbe?

- blutetooth tethering. no big deal, wifi tethering works

sorry about typos, sitting with angry 3-yearold

best regards

Guest D00nhamer

vibrate, ring, BT tether

Dear GSF users,

best regards

Try installing Handcent for SMS. Turn off notifications for the stock app

Guest dibbles

vibrate, ring, BT tether

Dear GSF users,

best regards

not sure with the std messaging app as we always use Handcent...

http://www.handcent.com/

it gives you what you are asking for, with the SMS questions, and a whole lot more.

Guest jonmac73

vibrate, ring, BT tether

Dear GSF users,

Not tried with standard app for ages - use GoSMSPro and works fine, seperate ring and vibration. Using B22

BT tethering - never tried and not high on most people' list I would have though.

Guest ididmytime

Pitty GSF has ended. I'm switching to CM7, but I'll keep the GSF backups incase I shouldn't like CM7.

There is absolutely no reason to use GSF anymore.

It was only made because of certain bugs in CM7, they are fixed, along with tons of fixes that can/will never be fixed on GSF.

The rom is dead, buggy, and outdated.

Guest Per Åkesson

Hi everybody!

I have one reason to stick with GSF:

The ZTE Dialer, which displays my contact groups, based on those Google contacts tagged as "My Contacts".

Without the dialer, I only know the apps Go and Youlu, which display contact groups. But they display ALL my 1000 Google contacts, causing great confusion.

I only want the selected (tagged as My contacts) ca 200 contacts from Goolge to display on the phone, divided in the groups. And only the ZTE stock dialer does that, as far as I know.

Is there a solution?

Guest D00nhamer

Hi everybody!

I have one reason to stick with GSF:

The ZTE Dialer, which displays my contact groups, based on those Google contacts tagged as "My Contacts".

Without the dialer, I only know the apps Go and Youlu, which display contact groups. But they display ALL my 1000 Google contacts, causing great confusion.

I only want the selected (tagged as My contacts) ca 200 contacts from Goolge to display on the phone, divided in the groups. And only the ZTE stock dialer does that, as far as I know.

Is there a solution?

Not sure exactly what you mean but Go Dialler EX has a groups screen. You bring up the dialler and swipe left/right to get the different screens.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tsddave

These people who have attacked wbaw should be banned from this forum, they have contributed nothing at all except negativity.

Wbaw on the other hand has contributed a great deal.

Think about it.

Guest fox2000

These people who have attacked wbaw should be banned from this forum, they have contributed nothing at all except negativity.

Think about it.

he has quitted GSF development even on XDA, for his own choice to contribute to CM7.

Think about it :)

Edited by fox2000

Think about it.

+1

Guest tsddave

he has quitted GSF development even on XDA, for his own choice to contribute to CM7.

Think about it :)

Quitted? Is that a new word now? I think you mean quit!

As for him stopping further development on his own rom to assist CM7 isnt that a good thing to do? CM7 is a melting pot of minds working towards great roms for the community.

I dont think you thought about anything!

Have another think about it!

Guest rockstarszzzz

*yawn* why do we have a thread for philosophical discussions? Let's all get back to rom making and rom flashing please! ;)

Public warning: This was meant to go down as a joke, hope it does.

Guest snowbord

Bullshit. Wbaw may be a good rom assembler but his people skills are seriously lacking. Yes he has done great work and I am in no way denying this.

Theres lots of good roms now hence the need to kiss up to wbaw is long over so cut it out. I for one am sick of people defending his completely unacceptable conduct and disrespect to others. Not only this but the righteous remarks of the worshippers with comments such as 'those who stand up to the abuse should be banned' is a bit rich.

The way he was abusing the users of his rom - good riddance to him and I can only hope he continues to do great work behind the scenes where he wont have to face the perils of acceptable social conduct.

Edited by snowbord

Guest fox2000

Quitted? Is that a new word now? I think you mean quit!

As for him stopping further development on his own rom to assist CM7 isnt that a good thing to do? CM7 is a melting pot of minds working towards great roms for the community.

I dont think you thought about anything!

Have another think about it!

And... if assisting CM7 is a good thing, what are you complaining about?!?!