Tell Dell we want a new Streak!

Guest encima

Just spoke to @Stephenjatdell about the new streak and he said there is no news yet but he would like streak owners to tweet their views to him.

This may go nowhere but it is better than nothing! I love the streak and do not want to have to get a Galaxy Note for £600, a new streak would be much better so let dell know how much you love them!

As I am fairly new here, I cannot post links but his twitter handle is above and mine is: @encima27, if you wanted to see the conversation.

Guest vanemburghj

Just spoke to @Stephenjatdell about the new streak and he said there is no news yet but he would like streak owners to tweet their views to him.

This may go nowhere but it is better than nothing! I love the streak and do not want to have to get a Galaxy Note for £600, a new streak would be much better so let dell know how much you love them!

As I am fairly new here, I cannot post links but his twitter handle is above and mine is: @encima27, if you wanted to see the conversation.

Ask and you shall receive:

http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/29/dell-streak-pro-101dl-an-android-phone-with-super-amoled-display-to-hit-japan-2012/

Guest vanemburghj

That's not the Dell Streak I'm looking for... 4.3" screen makes it a fail for me. Still waiting for the Opus One.

Cheers

Brian

Unless something is present at Dell's "I love me week" (11-14 Oct 11), that is all you are going to get with Streak name. Yes there are other countries besides USA, however the resounding failure of sales in USA is why the Streak 1st generation is the first and last 5" screen. Know Samsung is pitching their 5.3", but have not seen anymore about since the article in late Aug/early Sep. So guess we are confind to the 4.5" to 4.7" world.......

Guest alert_bri

I get the impression that major manufacturers are looking at Asia and Europe these days as their growth markets. Wouldn't take what they're doing in the US of A as an indication of much.

Cheers

Brian

Guest rebski

Unless something is present at Dell's "I love me week" (11-14 Oct 11), that is all you are going to get with Streak name. Yes there are other countries besides USA, however the resounding failure of sales in USA is why the Streak 1st generation is the first and last 5" screen. Know Samsung is pitching their 5.3", but have not seen anymore about since the article in late Aug/early Sep. So guess we are confind to the 4.5" to 4.7" world.......

The Samsung Note is coming to the UK on 17th November

http://www.talkandroid.com/64686-samsung-galaxy-note-to-launch-in-the-uk-on-november-17th/

I am not saying that I want one yet but it is great to the see this form factor continuing to be supported. I mean, 5.3" screen, what is not to like.

Personally I have two Streaks so I can sit on the fence and see how Kal-El devices shape up.

As for Dell, well it is hard for me to see the point in brand loyalty anymore.

Guest alert_bri

Same here, with 2 streaks and Fards' latest Android build I'm feeling unrestrained right now. I can afford to wait and see how the Note works out and whether the Opus One proves to be even better before making the jump.

Cheers

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest footneek

That's not the Dell Streak I'm looking for... 4.3" screen makes it a fail for me. Still waiting for the Opus One.

Cheers

Brian

I agree. Will not go back to anything less than 5". Looking forward to Galaxy Note with DJ Steve ROM B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest austreaker

I just order my Galaxy Note and it is indeed a worthy successor.

Same dimension as the streak 5 but with

-5.3"screen high res

-Dual core

-8mb camera

-Lighter

I don't think Dell can topple this. My Dell Streak 5 will be on ebay soon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Azurren

Don't know yet for sure, but it does look like it has an "earpiece-like feature next to the front camera."

Its would be pretty stupid if it didn't ;)

I mean, nobody want a 5" tablet..

What's the point if you have to carry a phone around as well? You probably don't have enough pockets so you'll need a bag anyway

Device looks intriguing.. As always, Price is the key factor for me ;)

Guest alert_bri

More info on the Lenevo Streak here.

I love how most reviewers hated on the Dell Streak on release... and now we see the mainstream catching up rolleyes.gif

Great news though... more choice for those of us who love a large screen phone. I would really like to see some new thinking though, to give a big screen in small phone - i.e. foldable design or something more radical.

Cheers

Brian

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Quite frankly, I don't want Dell to produce another phone ever again, they suck, the Dell Streak is an alright device if a bit old, but Dell support is awful, not even a decent Gingerbread release officially.

Guest alert_bri

I certainly can't see much effort from Dell to generate or maintain customer loyalty. One thing Apple seem to have mastered, judging by the almost fanatical devotion to the brand by their users!

I don't reall know how well Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Asus compare?

Brian

Guest Azurren

I certainly can't see much effort from Dell to generate or maintain customer loyalty. One thing Apple seem to have mastered, judging by the almost fanatical devotion to the brand by their users!

I don't reall know how well Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Asus compare?

Brian

You can't compare anything to apple ;)

Apple won-over the hearts and minds of millions by marketing their product as the "Cool thing to have". And if you don't have an iPhone.. You don't have an iPhone <_<

This kind of subliminal messaging / brainwashing ad campaign will only ever work for apple (And only ever on those to stupid who don't shop around)

Dell blamed the failure of the Streak on Android.. Because no Android phones are successful.. Right?

But ofc Windows phone 7 is.. :rolleyes:

Guest (InsertNameHere)

You can't compare anything to apple ;)

Apple won-over the hearts and minds of millions by marketing their product as the "Cool thing to have". And if you don't have an iPhone.. You don't have an iPhone dry.gif

This kind of subliminal messaging / brainwashing ad campaign will only ever work for apple (And only ever on those to stupid who don't shop around)

Dell blamed the failure of the Streak on Android.. Because no Android phones are successful.. Right?

But ofc Windows phone 7 is.. :rolleyes:

Dell & Microsoft up a tree...

What Michael Dell meant was 'we cannot be bothered to keep up with android developments, cos we are in bed with microsoft'