Touchscreen problems with vegacomb

Guest liamb1234

Guest liamb1234

Hi guys just wondering if the problem i have can be fixed. The top 10mm maybe more is very unresponsive. Since installing vegacomb ive really noticed the problem, so the question is, does the problem lie wih my vegaor with the rom? Ive never really had any problems with r9 and corvus5.

Anyone else had this problem?

thanks guys

liam

Guest worto03

Hi guys just wondering if the problem i have can be fixed. The top 10mm maybe more is very unresponsive. Since installing vegacomb ive really noticed the problem, so the question is, does the problem lie wih my vegaor with the rom? Ive never really had any problems with r9 and corvus5.

Anyone else had this problem?

thanks guys

liam

Hi,

don't worry it's not your vega - it's on the known bugs list and is something I get too, the known bugs are here

vegacomb known bug list

Guest DarkangelUK

I had that issue, the screen calibration included with vegacomb didn't work. I loaded modaco R8, ran the screen calibration included with that, loaded vegacomb back on, all working fine now.

• 1 month later...
Guest p40pilot

I have screen response issues, especially with youtube and amazon. I also crash when trying to play a vid on 4od.BBCiplayer has flashing jagged black triangles when in full screen mode, my keyboard was fine but has, after a few weeks, become very, very unresponsive, and now the backspace key fills in with random sets of characters.The bug list here a link to a register only web site, so I can't see the list.

Guest p40pilot

OH, another issue, when I shut my vega down, power off, it often appears off, but actually isn't. So the power drains away and an annoying 'robot turkey' alarm sounds at four in the morning and sends me all over the house to try and track down this infuriating bleeping. which isn't at regular intervals, making it almost impossible to locate.

It bleeped when I'm was in bed, then stopped when I got up, as if it' was toying with me. Somewhere a programmer was sniggering at his mind screwing antics.

Guest p40pilot

gripes keep coming .....why is the installation of the vegacomb OS so incredibly complicated? I tried and gave up, gave it to a friend, who also failed. I had to send it away to a NASA astro physisist to install for me, at a cost.

<br />gripes keep coming .....why is the installation of the vegacomb OS so incredibly complicated? I tried and gave up, gave it to a friend, who also failed. I had to send it away to a NASA astro physisist to install for me, at a cost.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i found the installation to be incredibly easy and i certainyl aint no rocket scientist

im sure more than a few members here would have talked you through it at no cost

99% of the issues you mentioned are known bugs and you might want to think about registering (its free)on the site with the bug list as thats the site the developers of the rom use (also where the installation instructions are which may explain a lot about you struggling to install it)

only issue you have mentioned that doesnt sound like a known bug is the "robot turkey" alarm

i know for a fact that when i power down my vega powers down

no battery drain and certainly no alarms

im almost sorry for asking this..... (almost but not) but you are certain you shut it down right? not just switched it into sleep mode with the screen off? only way i can think off that your alarm thing might be happening but you woudl have to be real stupid to have made that mistake......

Guest simonta

OH, another issue, when I shut my vega down, power off, it often appears off, but actually isn't. So the power drains away and an annoying 'robot turkey' alarm sounds at four in the morning and sends me all over the house to try and track down this infuriating bleeping. which isn't at regular intervals, making it almost impossible to locate.

It bleeped when I'm was in bed, then stopped when I got up, as if it' was toying with me. Somewhere a programmer was sniggering at his mind screwing antics.

I'll go further than MxBob. It is impossible for the Vega to sound an alarm when it is powered off. No programmer in the world, with all the snickering available, can make a powered off Vega play an alarm. Therefore, you are not powering it off. My guess is that you're pressing the power button for a short press which just puts it into standby where, unless you set it to do differently, the Wifi is running along with all of your notification monitoring applications like email, Facebook, the Market etc. Unless you spend some time turning off unwanted notifications, WiFi in sleep, don't use GPS or network data (even though the Vega has no GPS or 3G these things use power) etc etc, then the Vega uses a lot of power when sleeping.

With respect, I think you have quite a lot to learn about Android and the Vega before assuming things aren't working. I too am using Vegacomb and apart from the known bugs, it's pretty stable and certainly does not exhibit the problems you've detailed.