What have I just downloaded from ZTE's site

Guest DB006

Guest trueno2k

This is great news to hear that this has been resolved... I'm glad my 2cents worth was of help to you Amphoras... Now, I would very much appreciate it that you can send me the files with the partition layout (of 135MB sys & 2MB cache) I requested via pm that includes the new boot.img partition of course ^_^

It's a shame I don't have the knowledge or experience with HEX editing or I would have helped long ago, but nonetheless, the problem has been resolved and we now have a working partition TPT... Fantastic work Amphoras :thumbsup: :P

The problem appears to have been the size of the boot partition. On the Blade, the boot and recovery partitions are the same size, so I assumed they were the same size here as well. It turns out this is not the case, and the recovery partition is 6mb and the boot partition is only 4mb. The Clockwork image is ~4.5mb, so it would be too big for the boot partition I assume this is why the errors were showing and why it didn't boot into clockwork as the partition wasn't being written. On the Blade, both partitions are 5mb, so I have changed them to this. There should now be enough space for clockwork in the boot partition, so the TPT should now work without giving errors and should boot into recovery after the TPT has finished. The stock recovery image is smaller than 5mb, so the recovery partition should still be big enough to hold that as well. If its not, flashing the original TPT will restore them to their original sizes.

If someone could try this version of the 150mb system, 35mb cache TPT and see if it works without errors and boots into recovery when its done, I can update the others in this way as well.

http://dl.dropbox.co...e-skate-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 9ded013763541d3ccacea94d99d6f645

Guest philmein

The problem appears to have been the size of the boot partition. On the Blade, the boot and recovery partitions are the same size, so I assumed they were the same size here as well. It turns out this is not the case, and the recovery partition is 6mb and the boot partition is only 4mb. The Clockwork image is ~4.5mb, so it would be too big for the boot partition I assume this is why the errors were showing and why it didn't boot into clockwork as the partition wasn't being written. On the Blade, both partitions are 5mb, so I have changed them to this. There should now be enough space for clockwork in the boot partition, so the TPT should now work without giving errors and should boot into recovery after the TPT has finished. The stock recovery image is smaller than 5mb, so the recovery partition should still be big enough to hold that as well. If its not, flashing the original TPT will restore them to their original sizes.

If someone could try this version of the 150mb system, 35mb cache TPT and see if it works without errors and boots into recovery when its done, I can update the others in this way as well.

i still seem to have 64mb cache 150mb internal

Guest Amphoras

flashed both the tpt and FTM both work finesmile.gif

Great stuff :).

This is great news to hear that this has been resolved... I'm glad my 2cents worth was of help to you Amphoras... Now, I would very much appreciate it that you can send me the files with the partition layout (of 135MB sys & 2MB cache) I requested via pm that includes the new boot.img partition of course ^_^

It's a shame I don't have the knowledge or experience with HEX editing or I would have helped long ago, but nonetheless, the problem has been resolved and we now have a working partition TPT... Fantastic work Amphoras :thumbsup: :P

Yep I can do.

i still seem to have 64mb cache 150mb internal

What rom are you using? Some of the ones that divert /cache to /data give funny values for the size of /cache. I've had it telling me I have 54mb cache before when I know its only 2mb on the Blade.

Excellent, thanks very much. Did you try flashing FTM to see if that still fits ok?

I only did by TPT cuz in FTM it accused missing files after I extract :mellow:

Guest philmein

Great stuff :).

Yep I can do.

What rom are you using? Some of the ones that divert /cache to /data give funny values for the size of /cache. I've had it telling me I have 54mb cache before when I know its only 2mb on the Blade.

rom is elitemovil 2.3.5 this uses the new kernal just fits in the partition i have 255mb of internal storage thats what it reads

Edited by philmein

Guest Amphoras

rom is elitemovil 2.3.5 this uses the new kernal just fits in the partition i have 255mb of internal storage thats what it reads

255mb is what it should be, so I guess it is the cache redirecting that's causing it.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Ok, here's the 150mb system, 35mb cache, 255mb data version. Used fonix232's program to build this one.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.co...e-skate-tpt.zip

Md5sum: d105f64bdd8dd8a46535c775ed17117b

Sure, will make a few more of various sizes.

I have flashed the partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn from this image.bin, and have CM7 installed. It works perfect. Thanks for your great job!

Guest Amphoras

Would you mind to check the Hungarian FW ( dropbox mirror ) came out recently? I mean, if you could use that as a base for recreate partition layouts.

The whole country is waiting for it.....wink.gif

Downloading it just now, but other than the rom which gets removed anyway, I'm guessing the only difference will be the amss.mbn which I didn't include in the TPTs earlier (you don't need it, and the more stuff you flash the more chance one goes wrong). The only files that are actually included in the TPTs I posted are partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn which I changed to the new layouts, partition.mbn and appsboothd.mbn which don't really have any effect on it, and the different .img files which flash the boot and recovery images. Its possible the appsboot.mbn file is slightly different as well, so I will have a look and see.

Guest Blueton

Will you also update the 200mb system, 35mb cache, 205mb data as I want to use the bluemonte rom -180 mb.

thanks

Guest Indiant

Downloading it just now, but other than the rom which gets removed anyway, I'm guessing the only difference will be the amss.mbn which I didn't include in the TPTs earlier (you don't need it, and the more stuff you flash the more chance one goes wrong). The only files that are actually included in the TPTs I posted are partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn which I changed to the new layouts, partition.mbn and appsboothd.mbn which don't really have any effect on it, and the different .img files which flash the boot and recovery images. Its possible the appsboot.mbn file is slightly different as well, so I will have a look and see.

Thank you for the quick answer and the check. I know what you mean with the less stuff. Exist a tutorial of modding partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn? I suppose that we can not use the Blade's editor to create customized files.

ps.: I wonder if you could send me a PM about editing the partitions.

Edited by Indiant

Thank you for the quick answer and the check. I know what you mean with the less stuff. Exist a tutorial of modding partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn? I suppose that we can not use the Blade's editor to create customized files.

Well, I didn't try but if you're going to try don't forget to make it a GEN2!

I think I will try it later if no one else, but anw I've been comparing the partition_zte and appsboot mbn's from the tool and from Amphoras partitioning 35MB cache, 150MB system & 255MB data and they look a bit different so Idk if that'll make any harm...

Guest Amphoras

Checked the Hungary appsboot.mbn, and it has a different md5sum, but I can't see anything obviously different about it.

Will you also update the 200mb system, 35mb cache, 205mb data as I want to use the bluemonte rom -180 mb.

thanks

Here you go: http://dl.dropbox.co...e-skate-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 790f6b04654a2abfde9ed2ae75b91fec

ps.: I wonder if you could send me a PM about editing the partitions.

Will do.

Well, I didn't try but if you're going to try don't forget to make it a GEN2!

I think I will try it later if no one else, but anw I've been comparing the partition_zte and appsboot mbn's from the tool and from Amphoras partitioning 35MB cache, 150MB system & 255MB data and they look a bit different so Idk if that'll make any harm...

I've not used the Blade tool, so I don't know how it works/whether the files it makes would work or not.

I will make a new thread tomorrow to keep them all together rather than spread out through this thread. If there's any other layouts people would like, let me know :).

Edited by Amphoras

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Checked the Hungary appsboot.mbn, and it has a different md5sum, but I can't see anything obviously different about it.

Here you go: http://dl.dropbox.co...e-skate-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 790f6b04654a2abfde9ed2ae75b91fec

Will do.

I've not used the Blade tool, so I don't know how it works/whether the files it makes would work or not.

I will make a new thread tomorrow to keep them all together rather than spread out through this thread. If there's any other layouts people would like, let me know :).

Would it be possible for you to write a guide on how to edit partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn or even a software to edit them?

Would it be possible for you to write a guide on how to edit partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn or even a software to edit them?

I like the 2nd idea :)

@Amphoras: If you tell me how to do it I'll gladly make a program for this or even help you make one.

Guest atillaahun

Thank you, I was just asking for it because we have some problems with the Hungarian Skates, the display is a bit insensitive sometimes, especially on the bottom above the buttons - dunno if anyone met this issue here, at least I haven't red about it in modaco -, so I hoped that the new FW may fix this, as Froyo fixed the gradient and RAM problems with Blade.

Once I mentioned, someone could clear me up about the FWs exist for Skate? I was searching the ZTE site, but found only the Hungarian one from 11/17, and the UK version, but if I'm right, that's not even for Skate, but for the MC, and a bit old from 09/13. So these 2 are we have right now?

About the new thread for partitioning is a great idea, maybe more people would find us with a targeted topic title. There's also a hungarian guy who's dealing with the new FW and layouts lately - but having some issues, I thought you might figuring something out together.

I, on my own part can not contribute presently, cause I'm lack of the device and competence, but very excited about the innovations in this early stage of the publish (we just had our Skates last week from HU T-mobile), so thank you again.

Edited by atillaahun

Guest dadashi

Which is the best compatible partition tpt for all roms? including bluemonte and cm7

Flashing a tpt won't change generations of the phone will it? I think all skates are Gen1...

Guest philmein

Which is the best compatible partition tpt for all roms? including bluemonte and cm7

Flashing a tpt won't change generations of the phone will it? I think all skates are Gen1...

post 91 should fit bluemonte

all other roms will fit on a 150mb system partition bluemonte uses 200mb about

do not know what gen skates are but i do not think tpt changes the gen

provideing the is enough space in the system partition your nandriod backup will restore after flashsmile.gif

Edited by philmein

Guest atillaahun

Well the TPT file is ready, but I need to restore my phone from cwm to cw and cyan to original rom to apply?

From cwm to cw?blink.gif

You mean if you have to restore your phone's stock state to apply the new layouts?

Edited by atillaahun

Guest Indiant

From cwm to cw?blink.gif

You mean if you have to restore your phone's stock state to apply the new layouts?

Yes, but I have 33% and 44% errors.... at first time.

Update.: It still not working, but I need to use Clockworkmod img, not the original. 33% error cleared.

Edited by Indiant

Guest atillaahun

Yes, but I have 33% and 44% errors.... at first time.

You mean first time before the LATEST (hypothetically perfect) version, or with it for first try?

Anyway, imo you don't have to restore the stock state, not even if you are in CM, (which as far as I know doesn't contain the system update option from SD), just put the image folder on your SD, turn off the phone, than turn it on with holding the minus volume button (that's the bootloader mode if I'm correct).

Edited by atillaahun