Drive Mount Failing

Guest martinmrocks

Guest martinmrocks

Hey i updated to vegacomb 3.2 Build 9 and flashed update 3. I was previously using corvus5 which was brilliant and i had no problem plugging in my external 500gb NTSF HDD and was able to watch/browse all my file on it. I prefer the look and feel of vegacomb however it keeps failing to mount my HDD. Im in host mode via the shuttle app i then open "drive mount" i can see the HDD but when i try to mount it it just fails. Any ideas?? I really dont wanna go back to Corvus cause vegacomb looks so good.

Guest HypoTurtle

I was a little disheartened at first as well (using a 1 TB drive), but I've had trouble with that app (included as standard with release 9). You haven't stated if you noticed your drive running/making sound when you switched modes (peripheral -> host). Mine did which told me it was doing something and with very little effort I was able to locate and browse my files in a file explorer. Mine was located at /mnt/usb/system_usb before putting it down as a mounting issue (my similarly would mount in drive mount), take a look there. Only thing I've noticed is copying from the sdcard to the drive has failed a few times which may be due to the file size or some other issue.

Guest terrormattie

Is it possible to remount an USB drive like when you pull it out you can insert it again and acctualy mount it. I never seemed able to do that even on Corvus5?

My usb drive is a FAT32 16GB Flash stick have tried NTFS tho.

Guest martinmrocks

I believe so, once you've booted up in "host mode" you should be able to plug in any flash drive or external HDD as much as you like. Same on vegacomb 3.2 build 9. Its made the vega so much more to be honest. I hightly recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AlbaJoe

I was a little disheartened at first as well (using a 1 TB drive), but I've had trouble with that app (included as standard with release 9). You haven't stated if you noticed your drive running/making sound when you switched modes (peripheral -> host). Mine did which told me it was doing something and with very little effort I was able to locate and browse my files in a file explorer. Mine was located at /mnt/usb/system_usb before putting it down as a mounting issue (my similarly would mount in drive mount), take a look there. Only thing I've noticed is copying from the sdcard to the drive has failed a few times which may be due to the file size or some other issue.

i appear to mount my samsung story 1.5tb but i cannot find any files ?