[2.3.5]The official Gingerbread finally came...

Guest gavin(*)

Guest k31ron

Ok ive just attempted to flash my phone using the ACER method and it came up with a message "we are sorry the upgrade process has failed" then it tells me to remove usb andbattery, hold vol+ and camera, reconnect and try again...

I've tried this about 10 times...and it keeps failing any ideas how to get my phone back working? desperate for a fix

Guest Polv89

I've downloaded it from Acer Italian Site..but i have an error installing it:

I have free space, debus is ON..

Why this problem?

I have rom t&l Metal 2.3.4, is for this?

Thanks

post-924314-0-27438500-1318189565_thumb.

Guest stonebear

I've downloaded it from Acer Italian Site..but i have an error installing it:

I have free space, debus is ON..

Why this problem?

I have rom t&l Metal 2.3.4, is for this?

Thanks

I am on t&l too and it won't let me install via the Acer upgrade tool either, it looks like we are going to have to use the .bin and install via ADT.

I don't think the megaupload link is the Italian bin, maybe someone could upload the Italian version for you?

Edited by stonebear

Guest stonebear

There is a pdf inside the zip file. Open it and take a look. It says unpack zip, run setup. When setup finishes it prompts to connect your phone. It then tells you what is installed and what it has to upgrade. Then it asks if you want to upgrade. This is all under windows. I mainly run Ubuntu so I rebooted into Win7 on another partition (although could have spun up Virtualbox and installed thru XP). The upgrade takes a while; be patient and let it run through. After upgrade everything is the same as you had before, but phone is unrooted and the recovery has been replaced. You need to install superuser 3.0.2 for rooting via the recovery; 3.0.1 doesn't work and anything earlier gives you a nag to upgrade, which fails. There is another thread about rooting and I put a link on that where to download 3.0.2. Reinstall of recovery is as per the pinned topic (uses adb to check your phone is connected and fastboot to flash recovery).

Obviously take a nandriod backup before upgrading...

Thanks but it won't let me do it cos I have 2.34 installed. I might wait for one of the experts here to do a nice custom rom before I bother upgrading to 2.35. :)

Edited by stonebear

Guest MurdocK 2000

Hi guys.

Who is telling there is no new version on Acer Italian site?

I've just downloaded it.

post-907328-0-54511700-1318267237_thumb.

Edited by MurdocK 2000

Guest callmecheez

I've tried 2 methods of rooting my phone after installing this rom - and still can't do it.

i've tried:

- Superoneclick &

- Flashing the Super User .zip (app) in recovery.

I still can't use things like Titanium Backup.

Is there a good 2.3.4 rooted ROM I should use instead?

Well flashing SU through vache's recovery 2.2 does work. Just make sure you installed v2.2 of the recovery and that you downloaded at least v2.3.6.3 of su... It worked for everyone I know of.

Guest spicysomtam

I've tried 2 methods of rooting my phone after installing this rom - and still can't do it.

i've tried:

- Superoneclick &

Read older entries on this thread. I dont want to repeat myself.

Guest spicysomtam

The news and weather app was bugging me as it was only showing US news and I want UK news. So went to lang settings and there is no English UK. So i downloaded and installed Morelocale2, add UK as a custom language. Now have UK in lang settings and I get UK news now :)

Thus if you are missing your locale in lang settings, install Morelocale2!

Edited by spicysomtam

Guest spicysomtam

Ok ive just attempted to flash my phone using the ACER method and it came up with a message "we are sorry the upgrade process has failed" then it tells me to remove usb andbattery, hold vol+ and camera, reconnect and try again...

I've tried this about 10 times...and it keeps failing any ideas how to get my phone back working? desperate for a fix

Try installing the 3.027 leak via the sd card (acer_ug). Once that is there then try upgrading again.

Guest r.bobbington

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the compass now works the correct way round? For example, on 2.3.4, Google Sky Map shows North as South and vice-versa. Interestingly, some compass apps show it the correct way round. Also, could someone see whether it's possible to install Pannous Voice Actions on this ROM? The Android Market always tells me that it's not compatible with my device.

Thanks,

Robert

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if the Vlingo InCar section will open without force closing?

Edited by r.bobbington

Guest spicysomtam

Superuser/su 3.0.4 can be downloaded here.

I installed 3.0.2 from the recovery, and it got upgraded via the market to 3.0.4. 3.0.4 install should work from recovery; 3.0.2 definitly works.

Edited by spicysomtam

Guest scotth324

The Google Sky Map is working. Tried it out before I left for work this morning and it was definitely working correctly. Found out what a few of the stars up there were.

Guest stonebear

Superuser/su 3.0.4 can be downloaded here.

I installed 3.0.2 from the recovery, and it got upgraded via the market to 3.0.4. 3.0.4 install should work from recovery; 3.0.2 definitly works.

Thanks for link, I only had 2.3.6.1 and thought it was the latest. :)

Did you install the new 2.35 rom from the bin? I saw you couldn't use the Acer upgrade tool due to having t&l installed, same as me.

Edited by stonebear

Guest skyonesky

i've tried:

- Superoneclick &

Has anyone got any idea to root this firmware Gingerbread 2.3.5? I try a lot of tool but it's all fail

Please help me

Thank you so much.

is it too hard to read the previous messages? this topic is only 4 pages old, if you did it before posting you could find the answer in the previous page..

Guest stonebear

anyone know when gen2 version will come out? and is there any point in upgrading if you already have the leaked version?

What is gen2?

I wonder if there is much point upgrading to this 2.35 from t&l too, I might do it but am not rushing cos t&l is fine anyway for me. I might wait until someone here releases a version of this rom, pre-rooted with overclocking capability and whatever else they think of.

I would be happy to donate a couple of beers or whatever. :)

Guest Lollauser

Installed 2.3.5 last saturday, and rooted with the flash-superuser-from-recovery method, then installed busybox (Stericson installer, from market), checked with root check, everything right.

After several days with no problem, today it started to throw out messages about superuser crashing, and apps which need root stopped working...i tried to unistall su updates (you cannot apparently uninstall su itself), clear its data, then flashed su 3.0.4 posted in this thread, but nothing changed.

Root check says that busybox is installed but root is not.... don't know what went wrong :(

Is there any way of cleaning supeuser and busybox modification to start it on scratch again (other than reinstalling the rom, of course)?

Guest noogai93

Installed 2.3.5 last saturday, and rooted with the flash-superuser-from-recovery method, then installed busybox (Stericson installer, from market), checked with root check, everything right.

After several days with no problem, today it started to throw out messages about superuser crashing, and apps which need root stopped working...i tried to unistall su updates (you cannot apparently uninstall su itself), clear its data, then flashed su 3.0.4 posted in this thread, but nothing changed.

Root check says that busybox is installed but root is not.... don't know what went wrong :(

Is there any way of cleaning supeuser and busybox modification to start it on scratch again (other than reinstalling the rom, of course)?

This is a superuser problem, the new version just force closes, happened to me, the only way i could solve it was to flash the rom again and use the older version of su.

I tried everything, removing updates, re flashing su in the end a complete reflash of the rom was the only thing that worked.