How do you keep the glass clean?

Guest jevdroid

Guest jevdroid

Topic title says it all: what do you do to keep the glass of your beloved vega clean? I've been using some foam-based product, but swiping it off just moves the grease around, most of it stays on the glass :(

Guest IanTurner

Hmmm well i was typing in rainx to find out what it is and it seems I looked at a thread on here called RainX or Brasso? :D That's Brasso gadget care not the metal polish

Edited by IanTurner

Guest martinmrocks

I brought a case made by a company called "tucano" the case is designed for all 10" tablets. Apart from one if the restraints covering the charge port (which is elastic any so no biggy to remove whilst charging) its perfect, it also folds back to act as a stand which is perfect for watching films etc anywho im drifting, it came with a cloth which had a slight chemically smell and it cleans the screen perfectly and stores away in its own pocket. Buy this case and use that cloth. :) www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tucano-youngster-10-tablet-case-black-10577363-pdt.html

Says 29.99 but i only paid 20. Just look around

Guest jevdroid

RainX huh... I still got some of that in the garage, it is meant to put a film on top of the windshield of your car so that the raindrops "roll off" from it, right? Doesn't that just put an oily-like layer on the screen? I would think that makes it even more unreadable in sunlight, no?

Thanks for the pointers to these products, I'll make sure to test some out!

I too bought a cheap case off Ebay. Was £12 IIRC, fits great (except for charger hole needing opening up a bit) and came with a free screen protector film. Got the film applied with only a couple of bubbles that I can live with and have never needed to clean the screen since. It just does not seem to gather marks like the bare screen did, or if it does they don't show up as much.

Guest Mama70

Do you mean this?

Rain-X Repellant

http://www.rittco.com.au/product.php?prod=BCRX11112&cat=16

Material Safety Data Sheet

Hazard Classification

HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE.

DANGEROUS GOODS.

Hazard classification according to the criteria of NOHSC.

Dangerous goods classification according to the Australia Dangerous Goods Code.

Risk Phrase(s)

R11 Highly flammable.

R36 Irritating to eyes.

Safety Phrase(s)

S16 Keep away from sources of ignition - No smoking.

S23(3) Do not breathe spray.

S23(4) Do not breathe vapour.

S24/25 Avoid contact with skin and eyes.

S26 In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.

S46 If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.

S9 Keep container in a well ventilated place.

Guest simonta

RainX huh... I still got some of that in the garage, it is meant to put a film on top of the windshield of your car so that the raindrops "roll off" from it, right? Doesn't that just put an oily-like layer on the screen? I would think that makes it even more unreadable in sunlight, no?

Thanks for the pointers to these products, I'll make sure to test some out!

Nope, it leaves no discernible film and is sikly smooth. Improves touch response no end.

Guest simonta

Do you mean this?

Rain-X Repellant

http://www.rittco.com.au/product.php?prod=BCRX11112&cat=16

Material Safety Data Sheet

Hazard Classification

HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE.

DANGEROUS GOODS.

Hazard classification according to the criteria of NOHSC.

Dangerous goods classification according to the Australia Dangerous Goods Code.

Risk Phrase(s)

R11 Highly flammable.

R36 Irritating to eyes.

Safety Phrase(s)

S16 Keep away from sources of ignition - No smoking.

S23(3) Do not breathe spray.

S23(4) Do not breathe vapour.

S24/25 Avoid contact with skin and eyes.

S26 In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.

S46 If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.

S9 Keep container in a well ventilated place.

Cor, you must have done some searching for this!

Don't worry, I'm not planning to drink it, squirt it in my eyes or snort it ;)

Guest jevdroid

Don't worry, I'm not planning to drink it, squirt it in my eyes or snort it ;)

"Avoid contact with skin"... hmm... that's gonna be difficult on a touchscreen!

Guest Mama70

"Avoid contact with skin"... hmm... that's gonna be difficult on a touchscreen!

Yeah, that's my point.

Googled 'Rain-x safe for skin' and the link was named 'Material safety data sheet'. Not difficult. Why I was googling it, I was wondering what kind of substances they put on windshield and I guess they have different safety regulations for stuff you put on your touch screen.

Edited by Mama70

Guest thwacker

I've found that the best screen cleaner by far, as well as being relatively cheap, is a microfibre cleaning cloth. No liquid, no solvent, no mess and you can carry it easily in your case. Just give the screen a good wipe with a microfibre cleaning cloth and it cuts through all greasy fingerprints and smudges. Try it and if you agree post here for other users. You can buy them in your local supermarket for just a few pounds.