Quality Battery ?

Guest DinkaDanka

Guest GregorioUY

Woah, just what I was looking for, the first one looks awesome (I just failed in getting one from HK, the one U$S 3.7 from eBay, the vendor did have some reputation, but sent the wrong battery, and just got a partial refund today...what a scam)

If anyone confirms that ot works with U8220/Pulse, I could buy one :)

Guest Berthur

I bought some batteries on ebay from China.

All that promise more then stock are usually fake. Sometimes even worse then stock batteries.

It might be best to buy an OEM one.

Guest twrock

Hello!

My U8230 battery is last only 1 day, I want to order a new one. Any experiences with them? I found some on e-bay, do you recommend it?

2430 mah !!!

Battery 1

1700 mah

Battery 2

1500 mah "Genuine". Is it really Genuine??

Battery 3

Any experiences ? Thanks !

I purchased the 1700 mah battery, which also came with a charger. Very cheap, but I have no way of knowing if it really is 1700 mah. It seems to perform better than my 1.5 year old original.

2430 mah would be amazing, but that is part of why it is hard to believe. I will consider it, paticularly because it now looks like I am stuck with my U8220 until at least next summer. <_<

Edited by twrock

Guest sporting_exodus

I purchased the 1700 mah battery, which also came with a charger. Very cheap, but I have no way of knowing if it really is 1700 mah. It seems to perform better than my 1.5 year old original.

2430 mah would be amazing, but that is part of why it is hard to believe. I will consider it, paticularly because it now looks like I am stuck with my U8220 until at least next summer. <_<

There are a number of positive reviews from others who have bought the 2430 mah ones for other phones - for £13 it might be worth a punt!

Sorry to hear the upgrade has been delayed, although on a selfish note it means we'll benefit from your input for a while longer ;)

I'm more than a year and a half in with my original battery, it's really showing it's weakness now, can't be using twitter for half an hour with out it being next to empty.

I would be really interested in what people have to say about these batteries.

• 1 month later...

I'm more than a year and a half in with my original battery, it's really showing it's weakness now, can't be using twitter for half an hour with out it being next to empty.

I would be really interested in what people have to say about these batteries.

I also bought the 2430 mah battery (battery 1 of the OP). I can't say that I know it really is 2430 mah, but it is definitely better than my original battery and better than the 1700 mah one (battery 2) which I bought a while back to replace the original. YMMV, but it's worth it to me to have a decent battery.

Guest b1k3rdude

Afternoon

I will be getting the 2450mAh, but I have related question. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement battery cover for the back of the phone. I picked up a cheap but clean and functional Pulse for £38 sans the cover.

ta.

Afternoon

I will be getting the 2450mAh, but I have related question. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement battery cover for the back of the phone. I picked up a cheap but clean and functional Pulse for £38 sans the cover.

ta.

I bought a new back cover from my phone company. About US$20, so it wasn't cheap. Maybe ebay?

Guest GregorioUY

I bought a new back cover from my phone company. About US$20, so it wasn't cheap. Maybe ebay?

there's only an auction, for a white used cover, on Peru (I'm from Uruguay, so at least we're on the same continent)

Other than that, there's nothing on ebay :(

there's only an auction, for a white used cover, on Peru (I'm from Uruguay, so at least we're on the same continent)

Other than that, there's nothing on ebay :(

I think I threw my old cover out. But if I find it, I'll be happy to send it to you. The problem with it was that the camera lens cover had become so scratched that I had to remove the cover to take a picture. Since getting a new cover, I put a short stack of hole-punch reinforcers around that part of the cover so that it is better protected. It's a poor original design in my opinion to make the lens cover the part of the back cover that protrudes the most. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pedrojaime

I just received mine :)

Let's see how it performs

(and yes, for some reason, my camera gets some glitches on CM6...plus the lens is dirty and scratched)

So what's the verdict with this battery? Is it really 2430Mah and does it last longer for you?? Let us know ;) thanks,

Edited by pedrojaime

So what's the verdict with this battery? Is it really 2430Mah and does it last longer for you?? Let us know ;) thanks,

Nah, it's not the battery. Hardware is over-rated; install decent software and configure the system correctly and your battery will last for weeks! ;)

:lol: More seriously, I think the 2430 is the best battery I've had. I've got no way to test the true amount of power, but I'd have a hard time believing it is physically possible to bump up the amperage that high without increasing the physical size of the battery (and it is no bigger than stock). But you should wait to see what others say as well.

Guest pedrojaime

haha, sounds familiar.. Thanks twrock for your feedback. At the moment I have got tired of having a sluggish but last-forever battery by setting the max frequency to 320MHz and the min to 124MHz so have increased the frequency to 691MHz Max/245 Min using SetCPU. Nevertheless the battery can last over two days like this which is enough for me considering I check email regularly and listen to music for about 2 hours a day with this charge.

As well as freezing all the non-vital services + Market services, I believe the following SetCPU settings are the key to me getting the most out of 1 charge. Also, you must be careful not to install any battery-draining apps ;) Its difficult to proove this but this is why I think I get decent battery life:

SetCPU Profiles Enabed (in order of priority):

-In Call: 691max/320min ; govenor: performance (priority 70%)

-Charging: 245max/122min ; govenor: ondemand (priority 65%)

-22:30-06:30: 122max/122min ; govenor: powersave (priority 60%)

-Battery <20%: 245max/122min ; govenor: ondemand (priority 50%) *I have changed this now to 245max/245min

-Screen Off: 245max/122min ; govenor: ondemand (priority 40%)

*IMPORTANT:

-Skype needs at least 528Mhz to function well without stuttering.

-Setting 'ondemand' instead of 'performance' leads to even more battery savings.

-Setting 122max/122min will mean you cannot receive phone calls (almost like airplane mode). 245max/122min is the minimum you need to receive phone calls.

-Depending on the time of day it may not be practical to slow the phone right down when charging. Nevertheless, doing so I find makes the charging happen faster!

It would be interesting to see if other people concur that battery life is improved with these settings (..or tell me that its just me and I am imagining things ;) )

Edited by pedrojaime

haha, sounds familiar.. Thanks twrock for your feedback. At the moment I have got tired of having a sluggish but last-forever battery by setting the max frequency to 320MHz and the min to 124MHz so have increased the frequency to 691MHz Max/245 Min using SetCPU. Nevertheless the battery can last over two days like this which is enough for me considering I check email regularly and listen to music for about 2 hours a day with this charge.

As well as freezing all the non-vital services + Market services, I believe the following SetCPU settings are the key to me getting the most out of 1 charge. Also, you must be careful not to install any battery-draining apps ;) Its difficult to proove this but this is why I think I get decent battery life:

SetCPU Profiles Enabed (in order of priority):

-In Call: 691max/320min ; govenor: performance (priority 70%)

-Charging: 245max/122min ; govenor: ondemand (priority 65%)

-22:30-06:30: 122max/122min ; govenor: powersave (priority 60%)

-Battery <20%: 245max/122min ; govenor: ondemand (priority 50%) *I have changed this now to 245max/245min

-Screen Off: 245max/122min ; govenor: ondemand (priority 40%)

*IMPORTANT:

-Skype needs at least 528Mhz to function well without stuttering.

-Setting 'ondemand' instead of 'performance' leads to even more battery savings.

-Setting 122max/122min will mean you cannot receive phone calls (almost like airplane mode). 245max/122min is the minimum you need to receive phone calls.

-Depending on the time of day it may not be practical to slow the phone right down when charging. Nevertheless, doing so I find makes the charging happen faster!

It would be interesting to see if other people concur that battery life is improved with these settings (..or tell me that its just me and I am imagining things ;) )

I never went above 614 when overclocking because my phone would freeze a 691. I figured if it froze at that speed, I'd better back it way off for fear of cooking my CPU. But it definitely runs very smoothly for me at 614.

But I eventually just gave up on gaining significant battery life, settled for stock 528/245, and let Android do the clock controlling. I just never saw enough improvement to warrant all that messing around. I have never gotten much more than one day of use before dropping below 25% on any rom with any settings since moving up to 2.1 roms (and 2.2). I envy all those who are getting "days" of use. I don' t know why. I have tried just stock roms with no additional apps to see if it is something I'm installing, and still no luck. :(

Ok, so what mostly eats the battery is:

- the screen

- active wifi

- making calls

- active 3g

(by active I mean there is traffic)

What eats the most is:

- browsing on wifi/3g (cause u have draining from the screen and the wifi/3g traffic)

If I don't use the phone that much (browsing on my laptop), only making calls WITHOUT setCPU and twrock overclocked kernel (614/245) and no task killers on cm6 (2.2) I get 3-4 days phone usage.

But as everybody knows we tend to play lots of games, check/write emails, read some news n stuff, and then yet again I get 2 days.

Stock battery, pulse bought 1.5 years ago.

I noticed that setCPU eats my battery a lot, so that's why I don't use it anymore.

Guest pedrojaime

I noticed looking at a friend's phone (top of the range dual-core Samsung..) that powersaving features have been implemented into Gingerbread 2.3.5. It seems not to go far enough - or he has something seriously draining the battery running in the background since he tells me he has to charge the phone twice a day!

Interesting that you see that SetCPU drains the battery, maybe I should uninstall it, and then see how long the battery lasts without it! I haven't noticed battery drain myself. I have tried 'No-frills CPU Control' as an alternative but then went back to SetCPU since you can create profiles. I read somewhere (I think on this forum), that if you go to Spare parts (or install spare parts+ from Market, I don't see any difference frankly), select battery history and look at 'partial wake usage' you should see what is most using your battery in the background when the screen is off. This has helped me in the past, unless someone is aware of another method of getting detailed battery stats?

twrock, sorry to hear that. To be honest its not that much different between 614 and 691. Something must be eating up your battery I would say to stop you from getting over a day.

I would love for future versions of Android to allow the user to control CPU clock in detail, for example, run at 320MHz but when skype is online, bump up to 528MHz. At certain (night time hours) to turn the screen brightness right down, switch on 3G for 5 minutes, check email and switch 3G off again for another 30min or 1 hour. I am sure this can be scripted in if you have the scripting ability and the time.. These things would really help us with battery until that technology improves.

Which brings me to my next point, why are we still on Lithium batteries? Hearing aids come with Zinc-air batteries which I am told last for months! If the same capacity battery was made for smartphones, would they last longer or is there a good reason we aren't using these other types of batteries..?

EDIT: To me it seems camera /videorecorder eats up the battery the fastest, then the ones you mention ;) Also, when buying a phone in future, which screen types use the least power? AMOLED or not really? (not that I am ditching my Huawei anytime soon..)

Edited by pedrojaime

Ok, so what mostly eats the battery is:

- the screen

- active wifi

- making calls

- active 3g

(by active I mean there is traffic)

What eats the most is:

- browsing on wifi/3g (cause u have draining from the screen and the wifi/3g traffic)

If I don't use the phone that much (browsing on my laptop), only making calls WITHOUT setCPU and twrock overclocked kernel (614/245) and no task killers on cm6 (2.2) I get 3-4 days phone usage.

But as everybody knows we tend to play lots of games, check/write emails, read some news n stuff, and then yet again I get 2 days.

Stock battery, pulse bought 1.5 years ago.

I noticed that setCPU eats my battery a lot, so that's why I don't use it anymore.

3-4 days?!!! I didn't even get those numbers back on stock 1.5. I'm quite convinced there is something wrong with my phone.

I do know that Wifi is a killer. I try to be plugged in when using Wifi. (I can't be too far from an outlet when using wifi anyway.)

I didn't notice SetCPU eating battery, but I didn't use it for very long. It didn't seem to hurt, but it didn't seem to help either. Since I can now pre-set clock speeds in my boot.img to whatever I want, I don't bother with CPU controllers.

I have noticed that at times, the partial wake usage has been very high. I guess I should take some more time to investigate that. I'm actually messing around with CM6 again (while I'm waiting for Vanilla Music to be upgraded so I can finish an update for FTB). I've got the next version of TWeak-CM61 (which is the base for updating the "Basic CM61" rom) finished except for the swappiness issue, so I've been testing that recently.

Well I used to charge it every day, but that was when I was using it a lot.

Now as I mentioned it, I don't use it that much. Only for calls and sms. But whenever I turn on the wifi and start playing with it, it will be done in 1 or 2 days.

Well I used to charge it every day, but that was when I was using it a lot.

Now as I mentioned it, I don't use it that much. Only for calls and sms. But whenever I turn on the wifi and start playing with it, it will be done in 1 or 2 days.

Yeah, I do "play" with it a lot. :-)