Quality Battery ?

Guest DinkaDanka

I also bought the 2430 mah battery (battery 1 of the OP). I can't say that I know it really is 2430 mah, but it is definitely better than my original battery and better than the 1700 mah one (battery 2) which I bought a while back to replace the original. YMMV, but it's worth it to me to have a decent battery.

Hi twrock!

Don't you want to remove the sticker from the replacement batteries you have bought? The 1700 mAh and tha 2430 mAh gold one.

I found this on XDA:

20100708029.jpg

So it seems that the gold one maybe worse then the original one.

Guest desalesouche

so where is the truth....does the 2430 mah battery is really 2430 mah one... who can tell ...thx. may be twrock can tell us ...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

so where is the truth....does the 2430 mah battery is really 2430 mah one... who can tell ...thx. may be twrock can tell us ...

Not me! I want to stay in my blissful delusion. :lol:

As I said previously, I don't believe it can really be 2430mah. How could it be without being much larger physically?

But regardless of what anybody's numbers say, the actual length of time that I can use the battery doesn't lie. That battery is still the best one I've had since I overheated my original battery from Huawei, seriously shortening its battery life.

Not me! I want to stay in my blissful delusion. :lol:

As I said previously, I don't believe it can really be 2430mah. How could it be without being much larger physically?

But regardless of what anybody's numbers say, the actual length of time that I can use the battery doesn't lie. That battery is still the best one I've had since I overheated my original battery from Huawei, seriously shortening its battery life.

Don't you want to do a battery test with AnTuTu Tester?

I't would be good if I (we) could compare the batteries.

Guest desalesouche

Don't you want to do a battery test with AnTuTu Tester?

I't would be good if I (we) could compare the batteries.

i can do the test with end 2011 1500 mah battery.it is my new one it is huawei one. but can't do test with the other one...:) don't have it....yet.as i am trusting twrock think i am going to buy one ...cause 1500 mah battery don't run long when you watch movie etc... Edited by desalesouche

i can do the test with end 2011 1500 mah battery.it is my new one it is huawei one. but can't do test with the other one...:) don't have it....yet.as i am trusting twrock think i am going to buy one ...cause 1500 mah battery don't run long when you watch movie etc...

I am now testing my stock battery shipped with my pulse (manufacture date:2009.10.15, I bought at 2010.05.)

I'll post the result. (Now I use stock froyo with kernel set to default 528 MHz)

Guest desalesouche

I am now testing my stock battery shipped with my pulse (manufacture date:2009.10.15, I bought at 2010.05.)

I'll post the result. (Now I use stock froyo with kernel set to default 528 MHz)

will test with cm7.2 .cpu at 528 ans stock battery 2011-11-04 bought in january 2012..

Guest desalesouche

GregorioUY hasnt replied yet i was just waiting to see if the 2430 battery lasts longer? should i buy it

twrock seem to say that the 2340 is ok.i already bought it on the net .will test when i have it.

Guest twrock

twrock seem to say that the 2340 is ok.i already bought it on the net .will test when i have it.

I will only say it is the best battery I have bought separate from the original that came with my phone. The original battery was really good, particularly back when I was running 1.5 and it was less than a year old. But I charged my battery one time with a battery pack (supposedly designed for exactly that purpose), and it overcharged, got really hot, and swelled up. So that began my quest for a new battery.

The gold "2340" battery worked better than my "cooked" battery and it worked better than the 1700mah battery. That is all I am saying, nothing more than that. And definitely no promises. :D

So of course YMMV. And it is very possible that two batteries from the same manufacturer are somewhat different as well.

Guest desalesouche

will test with cm7.2 .cpu at 528 ans stock battery 2011-11-04 bought in january 2012..

Ok.I had a 363 score......and sorry for bad understanding of twrock message.

Ok.I had a 363 score......and sorry for bad understanding of twrock message.

I get 800.

Detailed info:

------ Start Part1 Part2 Finish

Time: 19.38 21.27 22.22 00.05

Capacity: 99% 72% 45% 18%

GPS and bluetooth disabled, screen braightness on maximum.

Edited by rhen

Guest desalesouche

i think i canno't run properly that test....the test is stopping sometimes after 10 per cent of battery is used...sometimes stop when there is still energy battery left...

@rhen ..did you use the last update antutu test........will try again

but according to my result of the test may be cm7.2 need more energy that um840 rom.

Edited by desalesouche

i think i canno't run properly that test....the test is stopping sometimes after 10 per cent of battery is used...sometimes stop when there is still energy battery left...

@rhen ..did you use the last update antutu test........will try again

but according to my result of the test may be cm7.2 need more energy that um840 rom.

The test stops me at 18% as you can see in my previous post.

I use the latest version.

off: I tried to make the audio levels lower and my phone can't boot now, I haven't made a nandroid backup before (It's my fault. I haven't think that I can break the system with it) so I'll have a clean install.

I'll make a new test after it if you want to.

Guest 01484

The battery is got in my pulse is really crap (its original battery) i fully charged it last night and within 5 mins of me texting it went down to like 88%. WTF iv got a battery saving app everything is turned off GPS, Wifi, brightness is low, using 2G instead of 3G etc. But why i dont understand the battery is going down really quick. I dont know one reason could be that iv upgraded it from 1.5 to 2.1 dnt know if this is why

I get 800.

Detailed info:

Time: 19.38 21.27 22.22 00.05

GPS and bluetooth disabled, screen braightness on maximum.

I redo the test because on previous test I have set the CPU governor to powersave. (so it was only on 245 MHz)

Now I do it with ondemand, score 434:

Time: 08.55 09.53 10.26 11.20

Guest desalesouche

i canno't do battery test actually since i am travelling and need the phone.but will do soon as soon as i receve the 2340 battery.:)

edit

score with antutu tester 431

test with oem battery with styx-32 k-20120309c cpu at 528 no wifi/no gps/ luminosity 100per cent

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

desalesouche, on 06 March 2012 - 09:04 PM, said: test with antutu tester on cm7.2 .cpu at 528 ans stock battery 2011-11-04

bought in january 2012.. score:363

test of 2630 mah gold battery with antutu tester on cm7.2 cpû @ 528/no wifi/no gps/brightness 100/100....

time 13h59 /15h07 /15h36 /finish 17h21

capacity 95 /68 /41 / 14

score 605 which is not so bad isn't it :D ....

Edited by desalesouche

• 1 month later...
Guest pedrojaime

If you want to prevent the volume buttons from waking the phone when its in your pocket/holde (and draining the battery more), add this line to the build.prop file:

ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=0

it works for me ;)

Edited by pedrojaime

Guest smethrony

i have seen a 2600mAh one its cheaper than that 2340 one

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...atchlink:top:en

2600mAh is cheaper than 2340 but 2600mAh created from the best quality Japanese cells that is used in BlackBerry Tour 9630. It has soft touch coting and the life of this battery is depend on network configuration and usage type