[IMPORTANT] Something new...

Guest fonix232

Guest fonix232

I have signed an NDA with Google and ZTE to do not distribute anything about it. All I can tell is that ICS is simply amazing, and blazing fast even on the Blade! The pics show what I can only assume to, that the graphics driver is bugged (weird artifacts at transitions), but nothing more.

Specifically I can't tell you too much, I took the pictures yesterday. ZTE is binding me not to tell anything, and most probably I will be a bit f*cked for posting these (although the NDA did not disclose sharing pictures what do not tell NEW information. And that the Nexus Prime video footage is out, I can show things what are the same). But eh, I had to do it :D

Guest Chris Banks

This is pretty damn amazing if these are legit, but I am very sceptical.

A quick build.prop edit?

Here is the leaked screenshot of Nexus Prime About phone. Notice the Icon is different.

I guess there is nothing to prove that this is real either though.

9_thumb.jpg

Source

Whats your relationship (if any) with google / ZTE if you dont mind me asking?

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest t0mm13b

I believe that ice cream sarnie official release date is 11.10.11, so who knows, true/ fake?

That was put back delayed, on hold out of respect for Steve Jobs, possibly... :)

Guest fonix232

This is pretty damn amazing if these are legit, but I am very sceptical.

A quick build.prop edit?

Here is the leaked screenshot of Nexus Prime About phone. Notice the Icon is different.

I guess there is nothing to prove that this is real either though.

9_thumb.jpg

Source

Whats your relationship (if any) with google / ZTE if you dont mind me asking?

Mine's a bit old build, buildprop says it's from 110829, while the Nexus Prime shots are more likely newer. A lot of things changed (like, in this one, there's no softbutton bar) since that time.

I was asked to do not disclose my Google contact, and with ZTE, I have none.

Guest Huexxx

Mine's a bit old build, buildprop says it's from 110829, while the Nexus Prime shots are more likely newer. A lot of things changed (like, in this one, there's no softbutton bar) since that time.

I was asked to do not disclose my Google contact, and with ZTE, I have none.

But ICS is android 2.4, not 4.0... isn't it?

Guest fonix232

Nope. It's been 4.0 for ages. Since May. :)

Nope. It wasn't decided OFFICIALLY what it should be, but the last releases show it will be 4.0. Mine was 4.0 too, but there were a few older builds with 2.4 numbering.

I have signed an NDA with Google and ZTE to do not distribute anything about it. All I can tell is that ICS is simply amazing, and blazing fast even on the Blade! The pics show what I can only assume to, that the graphics driver is bugged (weird artifacts at transitions), but nothing more.

Specifically I can't tell you too much, I took the pictures yesterday. ZTE is binding me not to tell anything, and most probably I will be a bit f*cked for posting these (although the NDA did not disclose sharing pictures what do not tell NEW information. And that the Nexus Prime video footage is out, I can show things what are the same). But eh, I had to do it :D

'although the NDA did not disclose sharing pictures what do not tell NEW information'

You are sharing new information if this is not bollocks (which it is). You are showing that the Blade would be getting ICS, which is new information.

Guest fonix232

'although the NDA did not disclose sharing pictures what do not tell NEW information'

You are sharing new information if this is not bollocks (which it is). You are showing that the Blade would be getting ICS, which is new information.

It only proves that the Blade is CAPABLE of running it, not that it WILL get ICS. The file wasn't from ZTE, it was directly from Google, and such, this is not really 'official', as manufacturer official.

@Manos Aristeidopoulos:

FYI, the ICS release has been postponed from 11/10, due to the death of Steve Jobs. The new date is currently unknown, but I really do hope Google does not think in Valve time.

Guest hugobosslives

cheers mate. this has made my day,

if its real, it shouldn't take long for a blade port :)

if you can answer this please do:

is that on your blade? or on a google owned on?

and how long have you had this for?

Guest fonix232

It is my Blade ;) My good old Blade, swapped in RMA in May :P

I had this for approx one day for now, a bit more (got my hand on it yesterday afternoon)

Guest Stuart_f

If ZTE did try to release ICS for the Blade they would surely screw it up in an epic way given that they have shown their utter incompetence time and time again.

Guest hugobosslives

It is my Blade ;) My good old Blade, swapped in RMA in May :P

I had this for approx one day for now, a bit more (got my hand on it yesterday afternoon)

cheers for the answers.

all i can say is: JEALOUS!

without revealing any of the new features of ICS, how big a leap is it in terms of OS improvement? eclair > froyo? :)

I assume you spent all of last night looking through the build? :P