Stupidly used rom manager, now Vega won't switch on

Guest cudge

I have gone and installed something from Rom manager and its bricked my vega, every now and then i get the backlight for a couple of seconds but thats it, I've been trying for about 2hours to boot into recovery mode but it just isn't happening, Can anyone help?

Guest simonta

I have gone and installed something from Rom manager and its bricked my vega, every now and then i get the backlight for a couple of seconds but thats it, I've been trying for about 2hours to boot into recovery mode but it just isn't happening, Can anyone help?

Sigh.

It's not bricked, can't be bricked. In the entire history of the Vega, no-one has discovered a way to brick one.

Find a blackboard, then write out 100 times:

I will not use ROM Manager on my Vega. The Vega cannot be bricked.

;)

You'll have to start again. To get into recovery mode, just keep trying and vary the timing. Remember, you will see nothing on your Vega, not even the backlight. Watch device manage to see when you've got it. Walking away for 30 minutes, drinking beer then trying again seems to work well.

Edited by simonta

Sigh.

It's not bricked, can't be bricked. In the entire history of the Vega, no-one has discovered a way to brick one.

Find a blackboard, then write out 100 times:

;)

You'll have to start again. To get into recovery mode, just keep trying and vary the timing. Remember, you will see nothing on your Vega, not even the backlight. Watch device manage to see when you've got it. Walking away for 30 minutes, drinking beer then trying again seems to work well.

will the thing still go green in audi if i have that up when i've got it?

Guest simonta

will the thing still go green in audi if i have that up when i've got it?

AUDI will tell you if the driver is installed correctly. If you had it correctly installed before, then yes.

Fail safe method is to watch device manager.

Guest ejtagle

AUDI will tell you if the driver is installed correctly. If you had it correctly installed before, then yes.

Fail safe method is to watch device manager.

There is an easier way that seems noone realized yet.. press the back button, wait half a second, without releasing it, press the power button. If you look to the screen from the bottom, at the place where the camera is, you will notice there isa blue light hidden besides the camera lens ... It can only be seen if looking at the screen from the bottom of the tablet. As soon as that light turns on, release the power button and then release the back button. You are in NVflash mode. From this point onwards, all you need is to install the correct drivers in your PC, and flash either stock rom of modstockrom... Remember, release the power button as soon as you see the blue light. If the blacklight of the LCD turn on, then you missed the time, and you will have to completely turn off the tablet (Hold the power button for more than 10 seconds), release it and restart the button sequence (Back->power>release power as soon as you see the blue camera light>release back -> you are in nvflash)

• 1 month later...
Guest sirgawain123

There is an easier way that seems noone realized yet.. press the back button, wait half a second, without releasing it, press the power button. If you look to the screen from the bottom, at the place where the camera is, you will notice there isa blue light hidden besides the camera lens ... It can only be seen if looking at the screen from the bottom of the tablet. As soon as that light turns on, release the power button and then release the back button. You are in NVflash mode. From this point onwards, all you need is to install the correct drivers in your PC, and flash either stock rom of modstockrom... Remember, release the power button as soon as you see the blue light. If the blacklight of the LCD turn on, then you missed the time, and you will have to completely turn off the tablet (Hold the power button for more than 10 seconds), release it and restart the button sequence (Back->power>release power as soon as you see the blue camera light>release back -> you are in nvflash)

I did same mistake:tinkered wiyh ROM manager and flashed new recovery with it.

Trouble is I no longer have USB Vega to PC cable

Any hope?

PS:I have copied 1000s of times in the blackboard "I will never ever...ROM manager"

<br />I did same mistake:tinkered wiyh ROM manager and flashed new recovery with it.<br /><br /><br />Trouble is I no longer have USB Vega to PC cable<br /><br />Any hope?<br /><br />PS:I have copied 1000s of times in the blackboard &quot;I will never ever...ROM manager&quot;<br />
<br /><br /><br />

pretty sure its just a bog standard usb cable should be no hassle findign a replacement

Guest sirgawain123

pretty sure its just a bog standard usb cable should be no hassle findign a replacement

yjanks

in the meanwhile: is there any way to boot into cwrecovery by using hard keys combination(pwr,back, and vol up,voldown) ?

Guest Racerboy

yjanks

in the meanwhile: is there any way to boot into cwrecovery by using hard keys combination(pwr,back, and vol up,voldown) ?

with you using rom manager you`ve deleted CWM recovery, so you`ll need usb cable to re-install either stock or custom rom to be able to use and flash CWM again

Edited by Racerboy

Guest sirgawain123

with you using rom manager you`ve deleted CWM recovery, so you`ll need usb cable to re-install either stock or custom rom to be able to use and flash CWM again

Thanks again

I already had modstock v1 and Vegacomb 9n with update 3.

As I understand, there is no way to flash just CWM recovery.

Which custom Rom can be flashed from the PC which allows to reflash CWM? Modstock? Modstock plus vegacomb? Or shall I start from factory (was it froyo?) ROM?

My desired endstate is same vegacomb 9n plus update3 as i used to have (not yet decided to go the honeyice route or wait for an ICS release)

Then i need to know what i need to flash from PC, what from SD card, as i assume i have just deleted Cwrecovery

Thanks in advance

Guest Oldbarzo

Thanks again

I already had modstock v1 and Vegacomb 9n with update 3.

As I understand, there is no way to flash just CWM recovery.

Which custom Rom can be flashed from the PC which allows to reflash CWM? Modstock? Modstock plus vegacomb? Or shall I start from factory (was it froyo?) ROM?

My desired endstate is same vegacomb 9n plus update3 as i used to have (not yet decided to go the honeyice route or wait for an ICS release)

Then i need to know what i need to flash from PC, what from SD card, as i assume i have just deleted Cwrecovery

Thanks in advance

Hi

If you install CM 7 rom it includes CWM. I use Rom Manager all the time for back-up and restores but I came to Vegacomb from CM 7 nightlies and Rom Manager now uses that CWM from CM7.

Stransky

Guest IanTurner

Hi

If you install CM 7 rom it includes CWM. I use Rom Manager all the time for back-up and restores but I came to Vegacomb from CM 7 nightlies and Rom Manager now uses that CWM from CM7.

Stransky

Modded stock has cwm in it as well. That and the memory layout (I forget the correct term) are the reason why you install that before vegacomb.

I would suggest writing out "Do not lose the USB cable, it's there for a reason" one thousand times btw :D

Guest sirgawain123

Modded stock has cwm in it as well. That and the memory layout (I forget the correct term) are the reason why you install that before vegacomb.

I would suggest writing out "Do not lose the USB cable, it's there for a reason" one thousand times btw :D

Found the USB cable, and reverted to NVflashing modstock v2, then via CWrecovery installed Vegacomb 9n and....i took the plunge into Areo s honeyIce !

´So, now my CWR is 3.0.2.4

QUESTION: is there any benefit in CWR 3.0.2.8 over CWR 3.02.4? I havent found any changelog!