[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

you will need root explorer, or you could add it to the rom then flash it

Tried a different SD Card and its working fine now so must be an SD card issue.

On another note, is there any way in the options to enable the data indicators on the top bar which show whether data is flowing in / out ?

ive tried: flashing a differerent TPT, Redownloading atomic R8 3 times, installing trough clockworkmod 5, installing trough clockworkmod 4.0.1.5.

I dont flash anything else then atomic

No joy for me... After i put in my pincode "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" when i press ok it just appears every 5 seconds, so i went back to R7.

Could you please look into this?

You would need to get me logcats of when the error is popping up...

The older join contacts zip had problems and was deleted, the new link works fine but must be flashed after first boot.

The new release (R9) will have a add-on to add back old root handling with superuser.apk, swipe off notifactions and 800x480 recording, if I decide to release it... and a add on for soft keys in status bar.

I personally have root like this on my o2x & the skate, (no superuser)

Edited by tillaz

The older join contacts zip had problems and was deleted, the new link works fine but must be flashed after first boot.

The new release (R9) will have a add-on to add back old root handling with superuser.apk, swipe off notifactions and 800x480 recording, if I decide to release it... and a add on for soft keys in status bar.

Edit: and new CPU settings with the possibility to undervolt, if someone compiles a compatible kernel

Sounds like it'd make a good release. I really like the sound of a kernel with undervolt support. If it can be done on the Blade then I'm sure the Skate can do it too.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou

Any chance your logicmod will be getting the same treatment? Dolby sound, soft buttons and 800x480 video recording all in one rom would be absolutely amazing :)

If I press the power button and turn airplane mode on, and then I press the power button and turn airplane mode off, I have no way of entering my PIN code again? When I pull the notification bar down it states "press menu to make an emergency call or to unlock" but menu key does nothing.

Is there another way besides rebooting tolet the phone ask your PIN code?

@tillaz what app do you recommend instead to backup and restore apps + settings? What exactly is wrong with TitaniumBackup? As far as I understand people have been using it for ages, is it something skate or atomic related?

Edited by v1pEr

If I press the power button and turn airplane mode on, and then I press the power button and turn airplane mode off, I have no way of entering my PIN code again? When I pull the notification bar down it states "press menu to make an emergency call or to unlock" but menu key does nothing.

Is there another way besides rebooting tolet the phone ask your PIN code?

@tillaz what app do you recommend instead to backup and restore apps + settings? What exactly is wrong with TitaniumBackup? As far as I understand people have been using it for ages, is it something skate or atomic related?

People who are restoring with titanium are reporting apps not working & battery drain.

All app data is stored on sdcard anyway so I just use the program from xda that installs all your apk you backed up with androzip

I will include it to first page for people who want to try it.... I really would advise this method thought, because I cant help or fix things benign caused by titanium

Edited by tillaz

Any chance your logicmod will be getting the same treatment? Dolby sound, soft buttons and 800x480 video recording all in one rom would be absolutely amazing :)

Not really sure if I'm going to continue with the skate... there is still alot to add but I havint got the time, mabey when I'm happy with my rom for the o2x I will come back to the skate

Guest creedence

im really not sure, its the first iv heard of this problem... could you explain a bit more what is happening ?

Hi

I'll try to explain.I begin with a clean installation.

Wipe data,wipe cache.wipe dalvik cache,format boot,format system,format sd ext,...So it all.

power cable, plug in >battery recharge >about 1 hour later >phone switches itself off >Unplug the phone cable and restart >Battery recharge >second time I can recharge ready >not switch off >ready

Do not use phone, can lie >about 1 hour later >phone switches itself off again >I can spend hours playing with my cell phone, does not happen, everything ok >But if the cell phone is in silence, min 1 hour then turn off.

Last time only pure Atomic installed.Without user-app, does not overclock, do not adjust.Same result. Battery charge---automatically switch off.Do not use---automatically switch off.

That's the whole story. This happens with all versions,v4,v5,v6,r7.

Thanks

Battery status, I have not wiped.

Edited by creedence

Guest TouchyAndalou

Not really sure if I'm going to continue with the skate... there is still alot to add but I havint got the time, mabey when I'm happy with my rom for the o2x I will come back to the skate

That's a shame, but you've already done way more for the development of this device than could be expected. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hi

I'll try to explain.I begin with a clean installation.

Wipe data,wipe cache.wipe dalvik cache,format boot,format system,format sd ext,...So it all.

power cable, plug in >battery recharge >about 1 hour later >phone switches itself off >Unplug the phone cable and restart >Battery recharge >second time I can recharge ready >not switch off >ready

Do not use phone, can lie >about 1 hour later >phone switches itself off again >I can spend hours playing with my cell phone, does not happen, everything ok >But if the cell phone is in silence, min 1 hour then turn off.

Last time only pure Atomic installed.Without user-app, does not overclock, do not adjust.Same result. Battery charge---automatically switch off.Do not use---automatically switch off.

That's the whole story. This happens with all versions,v4,v5,v6,r7.

Thanks

Battery status, I have not wiped.

i really have no idea, i have not came across this problem...

you could try this though, its all i can think of

open the build.prop and change

pm.sleep_mode=0

to

pm.sleep_mode=1

Guest Wacky.ddw

You would need to get me logcats of when the error is popping up...

1: How exactly do i do this? Connecting the device to my pc and typing this?

"adb logcat"

2: Whats the XDA tool called to restore the apps?

3: when are you releasing R9?

Guest Wacky.ddw

I redownloaded Atomic R8 on a pc with a better connection, did the "150mb system 2mb cache" TPT then restored everything with the XDA tool, and i didnt have the error for an hour. So its all working now, thanks Tillaz!

Except the proximity sensor... Still have to push the back button to wake the screen up.

Edit: update by the market removed the themed go launcher... Maybe you could contact them so the theme works from the market or something.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest romtastic

Tillaz R8 is sweeet thank you!, having proximity sensor black screen issue when i leave a text message showing too long? seems odd? oh thats using handscent if thats of any help, but that seems to be the only thing that causes the black screens.

Edited by romtastic

Guest dragonxpress

Im getting a "Mount script error - mount script cannot be created. mount:invalid argument" error. I have a 32gb sd card, any ideas ?

I've been getting this message since updating with Tillaz's Roms since December and never worked out how to solve it - although it still allows me to use link2sd to transfer programs to SD card (I have a 32GB Sandisk card and have tried all sorts of ways to format it but no joy) anybody found a solution to this ?

I haven't changed the ROM from version 6 as have been happy with the results but may give R8 a bash tonight - have there been many changes since V6 ?

Thanks for all the hard work

Guest tillaz

I've been getting this message since updating with Tillaz's Roms since December and never worked out how to solve it - although it still allows me to use link2sd to transfer programs to SD card (I have a 32GB Sandisk card and have tried all sorts of ways to format it but no joy) anybody found a solution to this ?

I haven't changed the ROM from version 6 as have been happy with the results but may give R8 a bash tonight - have there been many changes since V6 ?

Thanks for all the hard work

link2sd seems to cause this problem across all roms, mostly for 32gb cards, i have no idea why thought...(possibly low quality cards) i personally have never had a problem, but never used more than a 2gb card so cant really comment on bigger cards, but i do know there is a very lot a fake cards going around theys days

Guest tillaz

Im getting a "Mount script error - mount script cannot be created. mount:invalid argument" error. I have a 32gb sd card, any ideas ?

can you add this to system/etc/init.d

http://www.fileswap..../11link2sd.html

reboot and try link2sd again

EDIT: i forgot about setting the permissions with this... that's probably why it did not work

im going to make a flashable zip now that should add the pre-created mount script with the permissions set

Edited by tillaz

Guest H3ROS

I suppose we will only get the voltage tab and that update if someone provides us with a kernel that supports it? Maybe C3C0 could help with that as he's into the kernel stuff.

Edited by H3ROS