[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest monographix

Noob questions :)

- which TPT is advisable to use with R7/ R8 ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- i got my hands on my first ever smartphone (OMC http://android.modaco.com/topic/352092-absolute-noob-my-first-questions/) and it came with Atomic 2.5. Bluetooth scan is not finding my HBH-PV703 Sony Ericsson handsfree which works normally and is connected to my K530i phone. Is that related to Rom or something else?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- is the Bravia Engine affecting all bitmaps (UI or files) or just video ?

- what is the average / normal time for the phone booting to system ? ( it seems kind of annoyingly slow to me but maybe i am just comparing my first smartphone experience to my cameras and standard phones) What affects the boot-up speed? the number of applications installed ?

- where can i see a list of the apps that come with the R7 / R8 rom ?

Edited by monographix

http://android.modac...__hl__undervolt

http://android.modac...__hl__undervolt

They're the 2 topics I've seen with undervolt kernels for the Blade.

All I know is the official Skate kernel can be had from here:

http://support.zte.c...?newsId=1001222

OK. So my quick exploration...

Looks like official undervolting configurable in kernel is designated for cortex or other armv7 CPUs.

The way how it is done in KonstaT's kernel in SwedishSnow is that the acpuclock.c is tweaked for Blade purposes and

Looks like it's programmed to statically undervolt CPU when it is running on frequencies lower than 480MHz.

Higher frequencies need full power for the CPU to handle them. Since it is statically tweaked there is probably

no way of making it comfigurable at user level using some app (like setcpu).

Tried to use KonstaT's kernel source to build kernel for skate but no success yet. It refuses to boot at all.

Probably some misconfiguration or tweaks strictly applicable to Blade are making it impossible to run it on Skate

I will try to transfer board specific files and correct acpuclock from my S1 kernel source to see if it makes any difference.

Guest creedence

i really have no idea, i have not came across this problem...

you could try this though, its all i can think of

open the build.prop and change

pm.sleep_mode=0

to

pm.sleep_mode=1

Hi tillaz

I installed R8. "build.prop" changed pm.sleep_mode = 1

You wrote: I really have no idea. Nevertheless, your tip was correct.

Hooray, it worked!!! My cell phone goes to sleep no more. Does not turn off more! cool.gif

I love you! aaaa...ööö...No, not so, no! I am married. (With a woman) biggrin.gif

You're the greatest! Thank you for your trouble.

Cheers

Guest dragonxpress

link2sd seems to cause this problem across all roms, mostly for 32gb cards, i have no idea why thought...(possibly low quality cards) i personally have never had a problem, but never used more than a 2gb card so cant really comment on bigger cards, but i do know there is a very lot a fake cards going around theys days

I agree - I think my 32GB cards are fakes as they were cheap to buy and cam with dubious packaging !

Guest v1pEr

Any chance of pop up sms similar to miui? I'm tried some external apps they don't work to good. Please if at all possible :)

Did you try GO SMS Pro? It shows pop-ups by default I think

Guest Wacky.ddw

Did you try GO SMS Pro? It shows pop-ups by default I think

Yes it does, ive tried it for a while. GO has all kinds of cool apps.

Hey Tillaz i've tried deleting the "proximity calibration 1.0" from the ROM since it doesnt do anything for me, but no joy. If i push the back button within the first minute the screen wil turn on, if i dont i have to push power to end the call.

This is the only thing bothering me, if this would be the only thing fixed in the final release it would be perfectly happy with it.

Guest tilal6991

OK. So my quick exploration...

Looks like official undervolting configurable in kernel is designated for cortex or other armv7 CPUs.

The way how it is done in KonstaT's kernel in SwedishSnow is that the acpuclock.c is tweaked for Blade purposes and

Looks like it's programmed to statically undervolt CPU when it is running on frequencies lower than 480MHz.

Higher frequencies need full power for the CPU to handle them. Since it is statically tweaked there is probably

no way of making it comfigurable at user level using some app (like setcpu).

Tried to use KonstaT's kernel source to build kernel for skate but no success yet. It refuses to boot at all.

Probably some misconfiguration or tweaks strictly applicable to Blade are making it impossible to run it on Skate

I will try to transfer board specific files and correct acpuclock from my S1 kernel source to see if it makes any difference.

If you look at my acpuclock.c file at github.com/tilal6991/kernel_zte_blade then you'll see the Skate is undervolted and it works perfectly.

Guest viluDense

Hello tillaz! First i have to say that i love you work, you are amazing.

Ok, i've started learning how to cock my own rom and i have lots of questions that i think you can help me with. I already know how to start a new project wiht the Kitchen of xda and how to use a kitchen rom as base for it.

But i have some questions, I also know how to complie and descompile roms how to sign them how to change the name (just the very basic aspects) I know how to change apps and bootanimation. But i'd like to know some more things:

1. How can I change the "inside" tweeks i mean, the settings, the icons (i think icons depens on the launcher its true?)

2. How can I add speciall things as bravia engine or dolby sound?

3. How can i make a port ofa zte blade rom? i've heard its to easy but i dont know how to do it.

4. How can i mix two roms? I mean did you know the new rom that mix miui and cm7? So, how can that be done?

5. (last one ^^ ) What happens if i flash one of the roms i make on my skate? is it likely to break it?

Looots of thanks and sorry for disturbirn you.

A hug Viludense.

It was a private message, but your folder should be full because i cant sent it to you.

Edited by viluDense

Guest tillaz

i'm sorry for the maybe dumb question, but what is the new way of handling root, and where's the superuser gone ?

thanks .

its just so there is not constant pop ups for system apps that need root, this way probably saves a bit more battery since supperuser is not constantly running & firing popups every boot

Guest chapelblade

Hi Tillaz

Like the rom but what happened to the camcorder app in R8?

The video option within the camera app only gives 176x144 and not 640x480. Is there any reason for this? or am I missing something.

Guest tillaz

Hi Tillaz

Like the rom but what happened to the camcorder app in R8?

The video option within the camera app only gives 176x144 and not 640x480. Is there any reason for this? or am I missing something.

camcorder and camera app are the same thing, (camera.apk) all i did there is remove the camcorder icon from being used since one is only needed...

just checked this and all 4 resolutions are still there, including 640x480

please take a screenshot and attach it so i can see your problem,

Edited by tillaz

Guest chapelblade

There are 4 camcorder options but only 1 is selectable ie 176x144. The others are greyed out. (Screenshot not working properly - options disappear before photo!)

Guest creedence

Why not use darktremor ? It is much more reliable than links2sd!

Hi

Please who can help me?

I tried it with Darktremor, but "installation aborted".

So I did:

Download the program: http://www.darktremo...ta02-signed.zip

Copy the program to your sd card.

Reboot into recovery

In recovery, select flash zip from sdcard.

In flash zip from sdcard, select the Darktremor package file you downloaded earlier

Reboot phone.

Do I need to change something in the recovery?

Something set enable or disable?

Thanks a lot