mkdir /data/cache/lost+found

chown root.root /data/cache/lost+found

chmod 770 /data/cache/lost+found

umount /cache

rmdir /cache

ln -s /data/cache /cache

#### END - Redirect cache partition to /data ####

In order to redirect to data.

The script is done, the flashable zip as well. I'm failing at making the script to run at boot... :(

Edited by D3abL3

From my checking it does not, replace the contents of the text file /ETC/INIT.QCOM.POST_BOOT.SH with this text to get it to redirect to the SD card without wasting RAM disk space:

As I said,I removed some apps ;)

Without removing any apps before flashing,it would be a tight squeeze,or as you said,it wont fit.

Edited by Guest

The correct should be:

#### START - Redirect cache partition to /data ####

mkdir /data/cache

chown system.cache /data/cache

chmod 770 /data/cache

mkdir /data/cache/recovery

chown system.cache /data/cache/recovery

chmod 770 /data/cache/recovery

mkdir /data/cache/lost+found

chown root.root /data/cache/lost+found

chmod 770 /data/cache/lost+found

umount /cache

rmdir /cache

ln -s /data/cache /cache

#### END - Redirect cache partition to /data ####

In order to redirect to data.

The script is done, the flashable zip as well. I'm failing at making the script to run at boot... :(

If you want to redirect the cache to the internal data then your script may be useful, but to me it doesn't make sense since mostly what we're trying to do with all these partition mods is free up more of the internal /DATA, so redirecting /cache to /data means you now have to keep at least another 40 odd mb free so that you can download from the market. Seems a much better idea to me to redirect it to the SD card which usually has the most space free. Similarly the CM7 style redirect to RAM disk doesn't seem to make much sense either as you're permanently losing 40odd Mb of RAM for something infrequently used which isn't performance critical.

Your script probably isn't working because either you haven't SU'd or because you haven't deleted the existing /CACHE directory - which I had to do before mine started working right. It now works seamlessly.

Edited by John W

Guest zerdelyi

Hi!

I'm really happy for 2.0 is out.

I use 1.6, i very like it, thanks.

If I'd like to update to 2.0, I needn't wipe or format any part of my device, only may I install this zip in recovery?

Thanks for helping, Zoli

Guest Atomix86
Hi!

I'm really happy for 2.0 is out.

I use 1.6, i very like it, thanks.

If I'd like to update to 2.0, I needn't wipe or format any part of my device, only may I install this zip in recovery?

Thanks for helping, Zoli

No need to wipe. I always backup and do if for the utmost compatibility but you don't have to.

hey tillaz, great work.. i modified your rom and injected toggle 2g by themasterbaron http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=739530 . This app sets the phone to 2g whilst in standby mode or when connected to wifi. I must say that by the end of the day i now have around 60% battery life left whereas before (without this function) i used to end up with about 20% only. Would you consider adding it directly into you rom?

Hey Tillaz, have you considered adding this to your rom? Anything that extends the battery life a bit might be worth it?

I got to say this tillaz,I am seriously impressed with the sound quality of your rom.

Poweramp,I can set the preamp & bass to the highest setting and the sound is forking awsome :D

Edited by Guest

screen201112190331.pngscreen201112190328.pngscreen201112190333.png

need some help with this, iv been trying to have the ics blue font on the pop up header, but the only way i have found changes all large text to blue, witch is not bad apart from this below.

screen201112190334.png

so what im asking is... dose anyone know how to change all settings font back to white with a custom .xml or from another directory other than the framework values

Edited by tillaz

Guest stiefanu

This Rom is awesome! I set CPU at 122-480 with SavagedZen governor and i have no lag..i set it to 787 only when playing..i think this setting is perfect for normal activities and multitasking! And the battery drain very slowly, too!

Guest Atomix86
This Rom is awesome! I set CPU at 122-480 with SavagedZen governor and i have no lag..i set it to 787 only when playing..i think this setting is perfect for normal activities and multitasking! And the battery drain very slowly, too!

Wow that's impressive to have it set so low and not have lag, I have it set to 122-480 with screen off and 480-960 with screen on and it's buttery smooth, and I agree about the battery life, far superior than any other rom I've used for a long time. It really is a hard choice on whether to stick with this fantastic rom, or go on to cm9!

Wow that's impressive to have it set so low and not have lag, I have it set to 122-480 with screen off and 480-960 with screen on and it's buttery smooth, and I agree about the battery life, far superior than any other rom I've used for a long time. It really is a hard choice on whether to stick with this fantastic rom, or go on to cm9!

Do you have it at 960Mhz for daily usage,or just when playing games ?

I wold love to have mine this high,but I worry about breaking something :lol:

How risky is overclocking ?

I can never find an exact answer,some say it no worry,others disagree.

I wold love to have mine this high,but I worry about breaking something :lol:

OC'ing is always risky no matter what.

I have mine OC'ed at 940Mhz ~ 320Mhz and so far no problem, but ofc this is risky cuz it can burn something or the CPU/GPU can crash but as long as your phone doesn't get too hot(when charing mine is 806Mhz ~ 320Mhz) it SHOULD not be something to worry about.

Guest tilal6991

I wold love to have mine this high,but I worry about breaking something

Right I saw your post before and I was going to reply but I forgot. Over locking in my opinion is not risky. The only way you can possibly damage your phone is by setting the voltage too high and that's not a problem since our voltages have already been set by kalltkaffe. The other way is heat. And unless you live in a really hot country this isn't a problem.

So there really is nothing to worry about as I use setcpu to bring down clock speed when a certain heat is reached.

Thankyou for the quick replies D3abL3 & tilal :)

Edited by Guest

Guest Atomix86

I wold love to have mine this high,but I worry about breaking something

It's all the time when the screen is on. The on demand governor chooses the best mhz setting dependant on situation though so I suppose it's not at 960mhz _all_ of the time, but I just love the smoothness it brings to the device. It is of course risky if one pushes the oc too high, and any oc will lower the lifespan of the chip, but I've yet to have a single crash related to the oc and I doubt its going to make my phone pop its clogs before I upgrade *touchwood*.

Guest Atomix86
Yeah as long as it lasts till my upgrade next september I not to bothered.

But I am quite a hardcore gamer

Well why not give it a whirl and see how you get on. If it doesn't clash, and the device isn't getting hot, you could very well be on your way to a smoother experience :).

Guest nathanmcc

This rom wouldn't install for me, says it failed to verify, and also what would be the best rom to use? i want light gaming but with a nice look to it any ideas?

Use this rom,excellent gaming,looks,battery,sound qaulity.

Failed to verify ? where does it say this ? in clockwork ? are you on 150mb partition ?

Edited by Guest

Guest Petesky

What version of setcpu are you using , I'm using 2.24 and cant find any screen on profile