[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Slot-9

Thats been the topic for two pages,read the thread,all you need to know is in the above.

Ok the penny has dropped. I will try the 200mb tpt. I will let you no how I get on.

Firstly a happy new year to all !

and thanks to tillaz for continuing to develop this Rom, I've been using 2.0 and then 2.5 as my daily Rom since launch.

I have been following all the thread since day one and all previous posts and don't usually have a problem following instructions etc. but seem to have this time.

I seem to have a problem installing it, which appears to the the same as everyone else, i.e. (status 7) Installation aborted.

I have followed the TPT installation instructions for the 200MB version and assume that I have successfully completed it as it also updated the version of Clockwork Mod, however, when trying to istall v3.0 I still keep getting the error (status 7) Installation aborted so it won't install !

I've also tried it using 2 different SD cards and got the same result so assume/hope I am missing something simple!

is there a simple way to confirm that the 200MB TPT has completed successfully?

Guest Slot-9

Firstly a happy new year to all !

and thanks to tillaz for continuing to develop this Rom, I've been using 2.0 and then 2.5 as my daily Rom since launch.

I have been following all the thread since day one and all previous posts and don't usually have a problem following instructions etc. but seem to have this time.

I seem to have a problem installing it, which appears to the the same as everyone else, i.e. (status 7) Installation aborted.

I have followed the TPT installation instructions for the 200MB version and assume that I have successfully completed it as it also updated the version of Clockwork Mod, however, when trying to istall v3.0 I still keep getting the error (status 7) Installation aborted so it won't install !

I've also tried it using 2 different SD cards and got the same result so assume/hope I am missing something simple!

is there a simple way to confirm that the 200MB TPT has completed successfully?

I also tried thr tpt & got the same problem????

Edited by Slot-9

Guest philmein

I have tried the 200mb TPT on 2 sd cards a 2gig & 16 gig this is just not happening for me?

Still getting error status 7.

Any other ideas?

install cm7 then try atomix 3 again

status 7 error is a curse

Edited by philmein

Guest vdubster

Version 3 installs fine for me on the 200mb TPT?

Only issue I've seen and it might not be an issue, when starting the phone or rebooting Radio is denied root access and shows in the Superuser log as such, any ideas?

James

Guest Slot-9

install cm7 then try atomix 3 again

status 7 error is a curse

Never come up with this before. Messed about with Orange San Francisco & HTC Desire roms etc. No problems. Its just this internal issue with the latest V3.0 rom

Don`t really want to muck around with other roms now I really like this Atomic rom. Hopefully someone will come up with an easy way to install. Fingers crossed

Guest nicksoph

Only issue I've seen and it might not be an issue, when starting the phone or rebooting Radio is denied root access and shows in the Superuser log as such, any ideas?

James

The radio SU problem may be fixed by rebooting to CWM recovery and then choosing Advanced/Fix permissions then rebooting and waiting for the SuperUser app to ask if you would like to grant "radio" SU permissions say yes and all should be fixed.

Not sure if it is normal for radio to require SU tho?

Guest Smash41

The radio SU problem may be fixed by rebooting to CWM recovery and then choosing Advanced/Fix permissions then rebooting and waiting for the SuperUser app to ask if you would like to grant "radio" SU permissions say yes and all should be fixed.

Not sure if it is normal for radio to require SU tho?

I believe its for the Toggle 2G app but I could be wrong.

Guest Slot-9

To add. I'm using the 160MB System 35MB Cache TPT and V3 installed fine.

Okay how come people on hear are starting to get problems with V3.0 instalation but not had these issues with the other versions

What has happened to this particuler rom???

Guest vdubster

If i upgrade to V3.0 will i lose everything i have saved on my phone, i dont wanna sit and reinstall a hundred apps lol

Yes you will, however you can download an app called titanium backup (free) from the market which will backup all your apps, there are other apps for SMS and such.

James

If i upgrade to V3.0 will i lose everything i have saved on my phone, i dont wanna sit and reinstall a hundred apps lol

Read first post

"full wipe is a must"

You can backup all your apps with titanium backup to make the restore easy :)

Edited by Guest

Guest vdubster

I believe its for the Toggle 2G app but I could be wrong.

Just to confirm, i started the Toggle 2G app and it asked for root access under the name Radio. So that fine.

J

@ tillaz

Couldn't we use the 160MB system with 35MB cache that you said would be "perfect for atomic"?

http://android.modac...ost__p__1874634

I guess the issue with it is this

would recommend using the 200mb system tpt because i found that using the 160mb version no add-on's or themes install

@ Others

With people saying that the TPT issue is caused by the change to the older kernel in hope that it'd improve battery life I'd expect Atomic 1.6 to have the same installation error and require a custom TPT, but if 1.6 doesn't require a custom TPT then why does 3.0 :unsure: I would think it has something to do with this instead:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1875621

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ogbass54

i get an error when i try to flash

"assert failed: write_rar_image ("/tmp/boot.img"boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/At0mIc-v3.zip

installation aborted

can you help me ? i used atomic 2.5 before

@ ogbass54

Install option #2, then wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and also wipe the dalvik cache. Once you've done all of that then you can install 3.0 :)

To install the TPT just turn off your phone, press and hold up on the volume (not down like you would to access Clockwork) and the menu button (middle button at the bottom) and then power on the phone. At this point you should see an installation type screen with green text.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest DaveWebb

TPT didn't work for me for v3 but I hadn't been able to install any other version of Atomic either, until flashing TPT. A

Am on v2 now and tinkering to see if I can get v3 on.

Edited by DaveWebb

Guest Daddy Tickles

Quick workaround for anyone suffering from the inability to get the Volume up and menu key boot options working. This worked for me.

Install your chosen tpt as described earlier so that you have a folder called "image" on your SD. Then get to your desktop/homescreen, press the menu button and select settings then scroll down to "About device", choose "System updates", then select the only option displayed and press the ok.

Clickety bob, good to go. Then just CWM to Atomic happiness.

Guest philmein

Okay how come people on hear are starting to get problems with V3.0 instalation but not had these issues with the other versions

What has happened to this particuler rom???

what as happened to the rom is

it uses evilmovil kernal ( that is why peeps are getting status 7 errors)

had the status 7 error on evilmovil z1 and z3 roms

since i stopped using them not had a status 7 error since

im sure this rom uses the same kernal

Edited by philmein

Guest TouchyAndalou

For anybody getting the status 7 error (for whom the TPT solution won't work) have a read of the following thread, and follow the instructions outlined in post #6. You'll need to download notepad++. This worked a charm when I was getting this error flashing previous roms.

http://android.modac..._1#entry1850816

*edit* Instead of deleting the "write recovery partition" you need to delete "write boot partition" in this rom. And then follow the instructions, substituting the word boot for recovery.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest ogbass54

@ ogbass54

http://android.modac...zte-skate-tpts/

Install option #2, then wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and also wipe the dalvik cache. Once you've done all of that then you can install 3.0 :)

To install the TPT just turn off your phone, press and hold up on the volume (not down like you would to access Clockwork) and the menu button (middle button at the bottom) and then power on the phone. At this point you should see an installation type screen with green text.

thanks it worked ;)

Guest Slot-9

@ ogbass54

http://android.modac...zte-skate-tpts/

Well H3ROS it worked for me. I new someone would come up with a work around. This should be stickied at the 1st page.