[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest dragonxpress

SNAP ! Except I got mine last Weds and have done exactly the same as you. I too want to thank everybody for their help - gone from 0% knowledge of Android to fairly confident in less than a week ! Many thanks to Tillaz for his dedication to the cause - this guy is amazing - works until it's fixed regardless of the time !

I am a newbie to all this, I got my OMC last Thursday and since then I have unlocked it, installed CWM and CM7, found that although bluetooth paired it didn't actually work. Then I wiped everything and tried to install Atomic 3, but got the partition error, so I changed the TPT sizes and then it installed fine. Today I am going to wipe it all again and install 3b, I hope this lasts for more than one day lol!

I want to thank everyone who has posted tutorials, guides, links and most of all tillaz for all the work that he puts into making the new ROMS.

Guest victormun

Installing the 3.b gives (still?) the error:

"assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/AtOmIc-v2.b.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted."

Just to keep you informed ;)

Guest grivbat

Hi all,

ive just installed 3.0b. first attempt generated faults but with all the help here i managed to get it installed. used the TPT first using option 2 as shown in

http://android.modaco.com/topic/348776-zte-skate-tpts/page__hl__tpt

first impresions are it looks really smooth and i can notice the differences in performance over the other roms. many thanks to Tillaz for the development and the support and understanding of the more experienced users. without your assistance us newbies would be stuck with bloated & slow systems.

I have been that impressed with the work you have done and appreciate your efforts. for the first time on any modding forum i find myself making a donation to show my appreciation.

Happy new year to you all and keep up the good work.

Guest D3abL3

no possibility with Atomic to run apps from the SD ? [total noob]

If you judge as "total noob" someone who is spending his time building a ROM for other people to use without asking anything in return then you're a f******* a**hole!

Learn about Android, or at least investigate your device before talk. I won't even bother to explain you to do it, figure it out "pro".

@all: Here's a boot.img without zte logo, flash it with "fastboot flash boot boot.img".

boot.img

Backup before, I didn't try it yet, but as always it should be working :)

Guest monographix

If you judge as "total noob" someone who is spending his time building a ROM for other people to use without asking anything in return then you're a f******* a**hole!

Learn about Android, or at least investigate your device before talk. I won't even bother to explain you to do it, figure it out "pro".

[total noob] = myself ( just should had been maybe "[total noob here]" ).

Therefore asking questions as if possible to use apps from SD with atomic or not. just asking. nothing to judge about. only appreciation. Chillllllll :)

Edited by monographix

Guest D3abL3

[total noob] = myself ( just should had been maybe "[total noob here]" ).

Therefore asking questions as if possible to use apps from SD with atomic or not. just asking. nothing to judge about. only appreciation. Chillllllll :)

Oh, in that case I'm sorry.

You can move apps to SD, Gingerbread has it from source, simple go to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Select any(not widgets!) and Move to SD.

You can also install AppMonster that will notify you every time you install an app and that app is suitable to be moved to SD, and will also assist in moving it.

Guest monographix

You can move apps to SD, Gingerbread has it from source, simple go to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Select any(not widgets!) and Move to SD.

You can also install AppMonster that will notify you every time you install an app and that app is suitable to be moved to SD, and will also assist in moving it.

Thanks ! :D

Guest D3abL3

Anyone else getting "failed to move application" when attempting to move each application to the SD (natively) for the first time?

I remember in v1.6 I got that error, but at 2nd attempt it was successful.

Guest ChrisHS

Anyone else getting "failed to move application" when attempting to move each application to the SD (natively) for the first time?

Without root on the standard orange rom after a factory reset move to sd fails the first time as old file(s) is(are) there doing a retry then suceeds.

With root it doesn't seem to happen. Maybe it's a permissions thing for the app or the folder ?

Chris

~~~~~

Guest arnookie

I am happy you got 3.0 out to us all. Thank you Tillaz

I have made a video review of the features of the LG Optimus 2X I show some gaming performance

MC3 HD and GTA3 with modded file for extreme graphics / lighting/ draw distance and reflections / shadows.

I think you will get a good Idea on how well this phone runs demanding games when you watch this.

I subbed to you on Youtube also Tillaz :0)

I thought it may help your decision about getting one Tillaz.

Guest leroyjacobs1

Tillaz,

Just installed 3.0b, no problems very smooth, thank you so much for your hard work, only had the phone a week after I dropped my Galaxy s in the toilet :angry: . I loved that phone mainly for voodoo sound but on the plus side gps actually works well on OMC better than galaxys and i got flash on the camera :rolleyes: although quality of pictures aint that good.

Awesome job mate, hope you continue developing for this device.

Guest Tanner_1983

put this rom folder on sd card and keep getting a 7 error and when i reload the phone it sticks on the zte logo screen

i think this rom bricks your phone

Guest TouchyAndalou
I am happy you got 3.0 out to us all. Thank you Tillaz

I have made a video review of the features of the LG Optimus 2X I show some gaming performance

MC3 HD and GTA3 with modded file for extreme graphics / lighting/ draw distance and reflections / shadows.

I think you will get a good Idea on how well this phone runs demanding games when you watch this.

I subbed to you on Youtube also Tillaz :0)

I thought it may help your decision about getting one Tillaz.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aKUDSGHvJjE

Hey, stop trying to steal tillaz from us! :D

Guest TouchyAndalou
put this rom folder on sd card and keep getting a 7 error and when i reload the phone it sticks on the zte logo screen

A bricked phone is one that is completely dead and can't be recovered. Have you tried installing the 200mb system/35mb cache TPT?

Guest DaveWebb

If you did the wipes and your install fails then you reboot you'll be back to a factory reset. Try installing CM7 and read through the forum,