[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest arnookie

Hey, stop trying to steal tillaz from us! :D

LOL I'm not trying to steal him. He is going to do the same as me and keep both phones if he gets one ;0)

The only issue now seems to be the ZTE logo during boot. That's what happens when you're tired though, and tillaz done a better job than I ever could at half 4 in the morning :P I suspect we might see a 3c by the end of the day if he's feeling up to it.

Guest dragonxpress

Hi All

Managed to install 3b but now can't seem to connect to Market place or rather it will get me on to the marketplace but won't let me download anything as I keep getting a Connection timed out error ? Any suggestions ? I need to get hold of ES File explorer so that I can get my wi fi back !

Thanks

Don't remove the boot flash procedure from the script or you'll be with the 2.5 kernel and not the new one.

But if you do don't forget to "fastboot flash boot boot.img".

There is a work around. A few of us had installation problems. see previous posts it works read from page 48

OK, so I edited the "updater-script" file and got the ROM to install to the system partition, but I presume it is not completely installed as it does not write the boot.img file to the boot partition.

Am I right in my understanding that the boot.img file can be installed using Fastboot and if so can someone outline the steps or point me in the direction of a recommended guide as a quick google shows a lot on the subject and I'm sure I only need a quick command line to sort it out for this Rom. 

@ D3abL3

I've no idea how to use fastboot, but my guess is it's part of an SDK and the commands used from within Windows?

@ TouchyAndalou

Looks a little odd when you're using an OMC though ;)

@ dragonxpress

Use AndroZip Pro and you can get your wifi key from a .txt file.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest D3abL3

I edited the boot.img and rebuilt the v3b ROM.

Those having the flashing boot.img error please try this and let me know(I also removed zte logo).

http://min.us/mbeFlCTI9m

To use fastboot/adb you can download & install the program ADB Made Easy in my siggy, start it, select "Open CMD for ADB commands" and issue adb reboot bootloader and after your phone shuts down and gets stuck in the boot logo(that's bootloader mode) issue fastboot flash boot <path-to-boot.img>

For those who wish to use a2sd it's enabled in this ROM(the one I posted and original v3b) as well as init.d scripting support, so if you know what you need to do you can do it.

P.S.: Yes, fastboot and adb are part of SDK.

Edited by D3abL3

Guest dragonxpress

Thanks H3ROS but how exactly do I do that (sorry but I am a total noob to all this)

@ D3abL3

I've no idea how to use fastboot, but my guess is it's part of an SDK and the commands used from within Windows?

@ TouchyAndalou

Looks a little odd when you're using an OMC though ;)

@ dragonxpress

Use AndroZip Pro and you can get your wifi key from a .txt file.

Guest Atomix86
I like the zte logo, I even add it to roms that don't have it!

I like it too, no harm having the manufacturers name come up, its better than the default android word that shows up otherwise.

Guest RavemasterX

Thanks for that D3abL3, original zip wouldn't flash but yours did. Cheers! :)

Edit: and thanks of course to Tillaz for the ROM, working sweet now, lovely and fast. Very glad that I've upgraded from my San Fran now! Cheers! :)

Edited by RavemasterX

@ D3abL3

I can't seem to get your application to work. I had trouble with drivers on this system before so now that they're working I wouldn't want to change them either. I guess I will just wait for tillaz to fix things. Thanks for trying though.

@ dragonxpress

You just browse to your SD card, select the text file and open it in Note and then copy and paste.

@ Others

IMO the logo would only look good if you're actually using the ZTE Skate. For me using the Orange Monte Carlo it's totally out of place as the phone doesn't have any ZTE branding.

Edited by H3ROS

Can someone please confirm if the TPT-ing is still required to flash v3B? Looks like some have done so but tillaz seemed to say at one point that he'd fixed the installation errors and I'm a bit confused with the timeline of events. I'm on v2.5 at the moment if that makes any difference.

Guest tillaz

quick question for people getting the install error.... wot colour is your clockworkmod ?

after doing the 200mb tpt it reverted me back to the old clockworkmod (blue) & it gave me same error... updated to the latest version (orange) & it worked

Edited by tillaz

Guest tilal6991

quick question for people getting the install error.... wot colour is your clockworkmod ?

after doing the 200mb tpt it reverted me back to the old clockworkmod (blue) & it gave me same error... updated to the latest version (orange) & it worked

Mine is blue - that's probably the reason then!!

Guest victormun

Mine was Orange and I got the error. I flashed the 200mb TPT, got the blue one and was able to flash the ROM properly. So I don't think it's about that... :S

Guest Bazabaza

Blue

where is the updated (orange) one? TPT?

I was on an old version of Clockwork (I think from when I orignally unlocked) and when I carried out the 200mb TPT I noted it also updated Clockwork mod (to the blue one), I was thinking that I possibly needed to revert back to an older version but didn't consider a newer version !

Guest tillaz

installed bluemonte one instead as this rom dosent seem to want to work as tried installing it 5 times and the error 7 keeps coming up

this is strange, because i cant remember anyone ever having this trouble with bluemonte.

anyway v3c will be up soon..

Edited by tillaz

Guest Atomix86

I've tried with both 4.0.1.4 modaco blue cwm and 4.0.1.5 regular orange cwm, both installed the rom fine.

Guest Atomix86

I was on an old version of Clockwork (I think from when I orignally unlocked) and when I carried out the 200mb TPT I noted it also updated Clockwork mod (to the blue one), I was thinking that I possibly needed to revert back to an older version but didn't consider a newer version !

The blue one is in fact the older modaco custom one.