[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Zelych

Hello, I have a problem. I had a functional 3C version and I wanted to try GREEN THEME, so I'd have made an backup in Clockwork, GREEN THEME installed, but I did not like, so I restored the backup, but since then only NO SERVICE, and after moving to the lock screen on reboot android the animation. I tried to flash my 3D but it will remain even after 5 minutes on android animation. The only drive that did not go was CM9 ICS, but it is very unstable and I still have NO SERVICE.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Thus repeated flash 3D helped. But just do not see a problem with restoring backups at 3C version.

Edited by Zelych

Guest hyperfighting

I had exactly same problem, using version 3.0c, tried to reinstall a cwm back up. Would boot to homescreen with no service displayed and then reboot, repeatedly in a loop.

Hello, I have a problem. I had a functional 3C version and I wanted to try GREEN THEME, so I'd have made an backup in Clockwork, GREEN THEME installed, but I did not like, so I restored the backup, but since then only NO SERVICE, and after moving to the lock screen on reboot android the animation. I tried to flash my 3D but it will remain even after 5 minutes on android animation. The only drive that did not go was CM9 ICS, but it is very unstable and I still have NO SERVICE.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Thus repeated flash 3D helped. But just do not see a problem with restoring backups at 3C version.

Guest King Mustard

Had a brand new Monte Carlo (replacement from Orange).

Installed ClockworkMod 4.0.1.4.

Formatted the device using CWM.

Installed Atomic ROM 3.D.

Now the phone is stuck on the green Android robot logo and won't boot.

Also tried Atomic ROM 3.C, same issue.

Any ideas?

Edited by King Mustard

Guest LadronZTE

Guys, so i tried updated from old 1.8B Bluemonte to Atomic... and ive been stuck on green droid (i made backup so i am back in business) but i would like to upgrade to atomic, any suggestions what could go wrong ? Time has changed since Bluemonte :) So any TPT is must?

Guest mickyman550

TPT stands for Total Phone Transfer and was originally a way to create a copy of almost your whole phone and transfer it back again.

In this instance it is used to make a copy of a prety much empty phone which has its partitions set in a particular way and a copy of CWM on.

If you have a look at

http://android.modac...zte-skate-tpts/

there is much more info but basically we want to use a TPT to create partitions and those found at the link above give us a number of choices.

The recomendations I have seen mostly suggest using 200MB sytem, and 35mb cache or 160MB/35mb - but this is not something I have any clear idea about so I really cant advise you - I went for a 150 MB and 2mb cache but cant reccomend this unless you are willing to remove apps from the Atomic rom, (see previous post about my settings)

nicksoph

Thanks for the information. I have successfully managed to partition the SD card and installed a TPT. I then tried to install Atomic 3.0D and on both occasions it wouldn't get past the green android load screen. I repeated the process twice using option 2 and option 3 TPT and it didn't appear to make any difference. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Here is what I did:

Reboot phone

Boot into Clockworkmod

Advanced > Partition SD Card

attached USB cable

mounts and storage > mount USB storage

extracted image folder onto SD card (after having checked MD5)

Switched phone off and pulled battery out, then back in

switched phone on whilst holding Vol+ and Menu.

Green wirting and blue bar appeared, completed successfully

Then phone automatically booted into clockworkmod

attached USB cable

mounts and storage > mount USB storage

Copied Atomic .zip file to SD card

Unmount SD card and remove USB cable

install zip file from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard

selected atomic .zip file and install ran successfully.

Then reboot phone and it wouldn't get past the green android load screen

I hope I made that clear enough. I could try installed a different ROM, although I would really like to get Atomic because it seems to be the best out there for the skate at the moment.

Thanks again.

Edited by mickyman550

I'm still getting the "Error" message when turning wifi on. I deleted the original version so that I can't confuse it with the new version and I done a full system wipe and it's still the same. Reverting to my 3C backup and everything works as it should.

Guest ciappy

same here..

I'm still getting the "Error" message when turning wifi on. I deleted the original version so that I can't confuse it with the new version and I done a full system wipe and it's still the same. Reverting to my 3C backup and everything works as it should.

Guest nicksoph

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Here is what I did:

Then reboot phone and it wouldn't get past the green android load screen

No idea what might have gone wrong but you seem to have followed the standard instructions and what Im about to advise is close to guessing and random prodding but I did have problems and something did change once I had followed something like the below and all was well, so if you're willing to accept that this may lead to nothing try this;

Use th 200MB /system 35mb cache partition TPT - I think it is the least likely to cause problems.

1. Bow head and offer grace to the Little Green Droid
  2. in cwm - reformat the sd card with both EXT and Cache (cache of 64MB) EDIT: Tillaz suggests that with 3D it would be better to leave the card as a single FAT32 partition until after your first boot into 3d then return to clockwork mod to create the additional partitions - this might be an easier method to get it up and working and once there creating the EXT partitions and wiping the user data to start again from the point of its first boot into 3d.
  3. mount sd card and copy over /image and atomic.zip
  4. in cwm - fix permissions
  5. reboot into clockwork mod
  6. reboot to flash /image (vol+ etc)
  7. in cwm - fix permissions
  8. reboot
  9. in cwm wipe data/cache and in advanced menu - dalvik cache - EDIT:(9 or 8a - added instruction)
  10. in cwm - flash atomic
  11. dont let it reboot
  12. in cwm fix permissions
  13. reboot

if it comes up, go thru the user setup then kill the data networks - we dont want it to install anything

wait 5 mins while it finalises its setup

open Link2sd and accept the SU question

in Link2SD introduce the EXT3 partition

reboot

turn on data networks

good luck

Edited by nicksoph

Had a brand new Monte Carlo (replacement from Orange).

Installed ClockworkMod 4.0.1.4.

Formatted the device using CWM.

Installed Atomic ROM 3.D.

Now the phone is stuck on the green Android robot logo and won't boot.

Also tried Atomic ROM 3.C, same issue.

Any ideas?

i had that problem with 3.C... take out the battery and put it in again and only start the phone when on charge; might fix your prob

Guest King Mustard

i had that problem with 3.C... take out the battery and put it in again and only start the phone when on charge; might fix your prob

It didn't :(

Guest mickyman550

No idea what might have gone wrong but you seem to have followed the standard instructions and what Im about to advise is close to guessing and random prodding but I did have problems and something did change once I had followed something like the below and all was well, so if you're willing to accept that this may lead to nothing try this;

Use th 200MB /system 35mb cache partition TPT - I think it is the least likely to cause problems.

1. Bow head and offer grace to the Little Green Droid
  2. in cwm - reformat the sd card with both EXT and Cache (cache of 64MB)
  3. mount sd card and copy over /image and atomic.zip
  4. in cwm - fix permissions
  5. reboot into clockwork mod
  6. reboot to flash /image (vol+ etc)
  7. in cwm - fix permissions
  8. reboot
  9. in cwm - flash atomic
  10. dont let it reboot
  11. in cwm fix permissions
  12. reboot

if it comes up, go thru the user setup then kill the data networks - we dont want it to install anything

wait 5 mins while it finalises its setup

open Link2sd and accept the SU question

in Link2SD introduce the EXT3 partition

reboot

turn on data networks

good luck

When you say " reformat the sd card with both EXT and Cache (cache of 64MB)" do you mean create a partition? What size should I make the EXT partition? So far I have created a 1GB EXT and 0MB Swap size. Or do you mean "format /cache" and "format /sd-ext" in "Mounts and Storage Menu"?

Guest tillaz

The problem when stuck at the green android logo is the sdcard. When updating my mams it would not get passed this part changed sdcard with not ext3 partition and it worked

I think its beacause of the darktremor) app2sd skripts can change your partition to ext4, then the phone tries to boot the rong part.

Thats why I romoved it

Edited by tillaz

Guest King Mustard

The problem when stuck at the green android logo is the sdcard. When updating my mams it would not get passed this part changed sdcard with not ext3 partition and it worked

I don't quite understand. What must I do to fix this?

Guest tillaz

I don't quite understand. What must I do to fix this?

Back up your sdcard, then format in windows with out adding other partitions add atomic v3D and install, once it boots you can then make a second partition and re-add your stuff

Edited by tillaz

Guest nicksoph

When you say " reformat the sd card with both EXT and Cache (cache of 64MB)" do you mean create a partition? What size should I make the EXT partition? So far I have created a 1GB EXT and 0MB Swap size. Or do you mean "format /cache" and "format /sd-ext" in "Mounts and Storage Menu"?

I meant create the partitions, Im fairly sure they are formatted at the same time: As for size, 1GB is huge but might be neccessary for the exceptional user - 256mb would do for most people (512 to be safe) but if you have a large card, 1Gb would allow an awful lot of programs on the card.

For the SD cache partition I think I would make sure there is one of 64MB although I am not sure of why.

If I can add an instruction -

8a - in cwm wipe data/cache and in advanced menu - dalvik cache

EDIT - Just saw Tillaz's post immediately before this one and suggest his is likely to be better advice.

Edited by nicksoph

Guest nicksoph

Back up your sdcard, then format in windows with out adding other partitions add atomic v3D and install, once it boots you can then make a second partition and re-add your stuff

As Windows normally only recognises the first partition on an SD card, if you have already created a 2nd partition you will need additional software to see and delete the 2nd partition in Windows before reformating the card - something like

http://www.partition...on-manager.html

Edited by nicksoph

Guest King Mustard

ok, I did the following:

1. wipe data/factory reset

2. wipe cache partition

3. mounts and storage > format /sdcard

4. advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. mounted SD card via. CWM

6. formatted SD card in Windows (FAT32, 4096 bytes)

7. moved AtOmIc-v3.D.zip to the SD card

8. installed AtOmIc-v3.D.zip

Same issue - stuck on the green Android logo.

Guest tillaz

ok, I did the following:

1. wipe data/factory reset

2. wipe cache partition

3. mounts and storage > format /sdcard

4. advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. mounted SD card via. CWM

6. formatted SD card in Windows (FAT32, 4096 bytes)

7. moved AtOmIc-v3.D.zip to the SD card

8. installed AtOmIc-v3.D.zip

Same issue - stuck on the green Android logo.

Wot tpt are you using

Edited by tillaz

Guest Shahmatt

Thanks for information. I come from a ZTE Blade background and have some experience installing custom ROMs on this phone. I know that the potential benefits can be huge. I am a huge fan of the Blade.

The OMC is actually not my own. I am helping out the owner in improving its performance. He is not a very tech savvy chap. His concerns would mostly be in the core features of the phone, i.e. calling, messaging and battery life. If these are better than stock ROM then this decision is easy.

I know that calling and messaging are easily fixed even with third party apps. But battery life is a tricky business.

Can you (or anyone here) definitely say that battery life is improved over stock ROM?

If not, can I tweak CPU governors or try undervolting to get better battery performance?

Can anyone help answer my question?

Guest timfimjim

Can anyone help answer my question?

If I were you I would flash Atomic. It's faster and has better battery life than stock IMO.

Yes you can underclock the CPU on Atomic - I'd suggest min freq of 122, max of about 700, governor to ondemand and I/O scheduler to noop. Your friend will be pleased with results.

Edit: If he's just after a smooth UI experience - I'd personally recommend Dialer one, Handcent SMS and a different from stock keyboard (I use swiftkey which is excellent but it's not free...) Also Launcher Pro is faster and less resource hungry than Go Launcher, but has less features and looks a bit dated.

Edited by timfimjim