[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest nicksoph

Can anyone help answer my question?

Many of us here have little or no experience of the stock orange rom - getting rid of it was our first task.

I suspect there are few people who can give you a definitive answer and the best you are going to get is "it seems".

I can't give you even an "it seems" I only used the orange software for 15 mins.

I get about a day and half's usage from a full charge on Atomic 3c and consider myself to be a medium use user.

@ tillaz

What about the wifi issue with 3D? The new 3D gives exactly the same error as the old 3D and no matter what I do it doesn't go away until i use 3C again.

Guest nicksoph

Formatting with windows removes all partitions

Hi Tillaz

dont think so

what it shows you is the first partition and you can format that but you cant get to the other partitions to delete or format them without additional software in windows.

Thank you for your work - when do you get time for the beer and football?.

Guest Shahmatt

If I were you I would flash Atomic. It's faster and has better battery life than stock IMO.

Yes you can underclock the CPU on Atomic - I'd suggest min freq of 122, max of about 700, governor to ondemand and I/O scheduler to noop. Your friend will be pleased with results.

Edit: If he's just after a smooth UI experience - I'd personally recommend Dialer one, Handcent SMS and a different from stock keyboard (I use swiftkey which is excellent but it's not free...) Also Launcher Pro is faster and less resource hungry than Go Launcher, but has less features and looks a bit dated.

Ok thanks. That's what I wanted to know.

Actually I was asking about undervolting, not underclocking. Undervolting will allow the clockspeeds to remain the same while a lower voltage is applied -> leading to better battery life.

Everything. On this rom works

Battery life is as good as you can get

Since Atomic > Stock for battery life I will flash this on. Many thanks.

Guest tillaz

Hi Tillaz

dont think so

what it shows you is the first partition and you can format that but you cant get to the other partitions to delete or format them without additional software in windows.

Thank you for your work - when do you get time for the beer and football?.

this is how i remove any ext partition works fine, done this lots of times with my 2gb sdcard... on vista,

Edited by tillaz

Guest sunil.n

Anyone on V3.D without TPT 200/35? or any kind of TPT ?

I cant use this rom of the above tpt - ie 200/35 ..

stuck on the green android forever. tried all sorts of formatting, no joy for me

Guest nicksoph

this is how i remove any ext partition works fine, done this lots of times with my 2gb sdcard... on vista,

I stand corrected but Im sure ive read that you cant access them - looking at my SD card it seems that I can see and delete them in DiskManager and I assume you can then reformat as one single partition.

EDIT: Just had reason to do this and cant on windows 7.Installed mini partion wizzard to merge them

Edited by nicksoph

Guest LadronZTE

I cant use this rom of the above tpt - ie 200/35 ..

stuck on the green android forever. tried all sorts of formatting, no joy for me

Thanks, same with me. but with stock TPT (Middle Europe)

Guest tillaz

in the mean time can everyone update there clockwork recovery to this orange official build > download

flash it in recovery like a rom, no wipes... then reboot

then re flash v3.D & check wifi

Edited by tillaz

@ tillaz

4.0.1.5 has an odd menu. By that I mean it says "No" on a lot of the lines when doing the wipes, is that normal? It's just that 4.0.1.4 didn't do that.

I can tell you that changing the ClockworldMod version didn't fix it though :(

@ tillaz

4.0.1.5 has an odd menu. By that I mean it says "No" on a lot of the lines when doing the wipes, is that normal? It's just that 4.0.1.4 didn't do that.

I can tell you that changing the ClockworldMod version didn't fix it though :(

Yep, CWM was always like that , just seemed to be 4.0.1.4 that was different.

I've just moved to 3D with new CWM and WI-FI now gives error with me too

Guest King Mustard

in the mean time can everyone update there clockwork recovery to this orange official build > download

I upgraded to 4.0.1.5 as you suggested, but v3.D still gets stuck on the green Android robot.

I tried to install GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed (it's the Brightpoint ROM) and that worked flawlessly, so I presume this boot issue is related to the Atomic ROM itself.

Guest ciappy

Tried new CWM.. still no wifi,,

Guest gillestuur

Yep, CWM was always like that , just seemed to be 4.0.1.4 that was different.

I've just moved to 3D with new CWM and WI-FI now gives error with me too

lol, this aint funny anymore.. Am i glad i was too busy to flash today ;)

I hope the answer will be known soon to to use 3.D properly.

Guest nicksoph

Would someone who has the wifi error in 3d but has reverted to 3c have a look at their Wifi Mac address and check it is not 11:22:33:44:55:66, just in case it is related to unlocking the phone.

Edited by nicksoph

Guest tillaz

ok, i downloaded v3.D and wifi is fixed in it....

BUT, i think i know why its not working for people as i have had this problem a couple of times in the past.

the system is not getting wiped of the old data properly or your sdcard is not deleting the old v3.D properly

so try this,

from clockwork recovery select > mounts and storage / format system

then install v3.D

if that dose not, do this > connect your phone to your computer & turn on usb storage & delete v3.D

turn off usb storage

turn usb storage back on & re add v3.D to your sdcard, now install it doing the above aswell

Edited by tillaz