[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest ciappy

tillaz i never downloaded the old 3d and i re tpt phone so there is no old data..

ok, i downloaded v3.D and wifi is fixed in it....

BUT, i think i know why its not working for people as i have had this problem a couple of times in the past.

the system is not getting wiped of the old data properly or your sdcard is not deleting the old v3.D properly

so try this,

from clockwork recovery select > mounts and storage / format system

then install v3.D

if that dose not, do this > connect your phone to your computer & turn on usb storage & delete v3.D

turn off usb storage

turn usb storage back on & re add v3.D to your sdcard, now install it doing the above aswell

ok, i downloaded v3.D and wifi is fixed in it....

BUT, i think i know why its not working for people as i have had this problem a couple of times in the past.

the system is not getting wiped of the old data properly or your sdcard is not deleting the old v3.D properly

so try this,

from clockwork recovery select > mounts and storage / format system

then install v3.D

if that dose not, do this > connect your phone to your computer & turn on usb storage & delete v3.D

turn off usb storage

turn usb storage back on & re add v3.D to your sdcard, now install it doing the above aswell

I've tried to format system and since I've done that and installed 3D it hags at the boot logo. I've just tried switching to the 200MB TPT and that has the same issue too. Looks like I might need to go back to a stock ROM or flash a backup in order to get this booting again.

Guest King Mustard

I've tried to format system and since I've done that and installed 3D it hags at the boot logo. I've just tried switching to the 200MB TPT and that has the same issue too. Looks like I might need to go back to a stock ROM or flash a backup in order to get this booting again.

Yeh, this boot hang is definitely related to Atomic ROM v3.D.

Guest tillaz

Yeh, this boot hang is definitely related to Atomic ROM v3.D.

the rom is working fine for me & others... so its not the rom

like i said though i got this problem when updating my mams phone, and after changing the sdcard it worked fine.

infact i got the idea to change the sdcard from wakky.ddw a couple of pages back, who had the same problem

Same here, will try to get back to 3C backup for the time being, all part of the fun of being leading edge B)

@ Nebbo

The restore will work. I'm back on 3C and that's running fine. Now I'm going to try the usual wipes and put 3D on and try out the dhd.ko file.

Update: 3D with the wifi-fix works! :blink: :D

Edited by H3ROS

Guest gillestuur

I had problems with installing 3C, but fixed it afterall.

Now the same problem, but nothing works.. After installation it hangs @ droid.

Did all possible wipes & format..

Crap :)

Guest LadronZTE

@ Nebbo

The restore will work. I'm back on 3C and that's running fine. Now I'm going to try the usual wipes and put 3D on and try out the dhd.ko file.

Update: 3D with the wifi-fix works! :blink: :D

After the dhd.ko you were able to load 3D? or it just repair the wifi ?

Once I had 3C restored I booted back into recovery and then wiped data, cache and dalvik cache. I then installed 3D, checked that wifi was still not working and rebooted back into recovery. I pointed recovery to the wifi fix zip file, installed/rebooted and now it works.

After the dhd.ko you were able to load 3D? or it just repair the wifi ?

Once I did the system format, wasn't able to boot. Didn't get to the dhd.ko bit. But the restore to 3C has worked now so I'll upgrade it to 3D again apply the DHD.ko and report back :)

@ D3abL3

This issue is still there with the new 3D. I'd formatted my memory card, cleared all system caches and even formatted system from the mount menu (which was a bad thing to do as it resulted in a phone that can't boot). The only thing that's worked is to restore a backup of 3C I made, flash 3D and then apply the wifi fix.

EDIT:

Oops, I see you caught the file before tillaz has posted it. That's actually an even newer version than the one he tried to fix.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest LadronZTE

new version of v3.D could fix all problems with the android hang...

can people with the problem please test as i cant because its working for me

http://minus.com/my6y5KJPP#1 this should be named v3.D-FIXED

gimme 5minutes i will try

EDIT: Installing

Edited by LadronZTE

Guest D3abL3

@tillaz: are you using the boot.img I changed?

Build a separate ROM using a not modified boot.img and ask those who have wifi issues to test it please.

It happened to me before when modding boot.img I got wifi error, reflashing fixed it(here seems it's not enough...).

Guest Wacky.ddw

Doing the wipes and flashing version 3.d gets me stuck at the splash screen (bootloader?). Doesnt get past it even after 10min had to pull the battery out.

I dont have the green android splash screen, but its the same problem as reported by others :(

I just restored to 3.c it is the only version that ever worked like it should on my phone. I tried installing it from my formatted 16GB SD the only thing i can think of is flashing it from my 4GB sd but i dont have it right now.

Edited by Wacky.ddw