[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest LadronZTE

And you also did format /system right?

yep tried both with/without

EDIT: Now trying the fixed version from H3ROS

Edited by LadronZTE

@ LadronZTE

It's the same one you downloaded. You see originally I had wifi issues and then I was told to format system and then when I did that I had boot issues, which I fixed by restoring to a backup I'd made.

People having problems should:

• Install a 200MB or 160MB TPT
  • Flash a stock ROM
  • Wipe data, cache and the dalvik cache
  • Install the fixed 3D version and allow up to 1 minute to boot

Guest LadronZTE

Droided again even with H3ROS uploaded version... :/

Ahh.. ok then... i will try TPT and let you know.. but i am bored for today :/

Edited by LadronZTE

Guest tillaz

@tillaz: are you using the boot.img I changed?

Build a separate ROM using a not modified boot.img and ask those who have wifi issues to test it please.

It happened to me before when modding boot.img I got wifi error, reflashing fixed it(here seems it's not enough...).

wifi is working, the problem was dhd.ko

fixed this in the latest version, tested on 2 different OMCs

Edited by tillaz

Guest nicksoph

Droided again even with H3ROS uploaded version... :/

It seems to me that the random nature of ths working is a a sign that there is nothing wrong with Atomic but must be that some of the conditions that the phone can be in before flashing are such that Atomic simply can't install correctly, Tillaz has pointed to the SD card as being a possible culprit and since first unlocking I have seen problems along the way with the SD not showing although it should have been there, the other possibilities are the TPT files chosen (but something makes me think this is not the problem) or the Permissions are not set right before the install is made. I think if we can look at how we prepare the install we might make progress.

Guest tillaz

when i think about it i never got stuck at the android logo first time i updated my mams phone to v3.D...

it was after i installed the tpt to give more memory...

after that it would not boot until i used another sdcard that had no ext partition..

Guest Gagas1

Hi peeps

I had v3c installed for a couple of days

This morning i installed v3D and i got stuck on green android logo.

I did these steps and it worked for me

1. New SDCARD formated in fat32 with v3d.zip in it.

2. 4 wipes and installation of v3D without reboot

3. 3 wipes and reboot. everything is fine, Wifi perfect

Thanks

Guest Atomix86

I wonder if the people experiencing problems are trying to flash a battery mod before booting at least once, as that is exactly what causes a bootloop for me.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I wonder if the people experiencing problems are trying to flash a battery mod before booting at least once, as that is exactly what causes a bootloop for me.

I dont think so, at least i dont :)

Guest nicksoph

I did these steps and it worked for me

Thanks

Ive been trying to recreate the problem and have managed to get myself into the Droid freeze and then out using the following

Thinking that the TPT images might be the problem I started with the recomended one and this worked

This first section is only neccessary if you cant get back to cwm :EDIT

Copy over /image folder from 200/35Mb TPT to sd card -

copy Atomic3d.zip to sd card

Take battery from phone

Plug in charger whilst holding Vol+ and Menu keys

It should boot and flash TPT in just a few seconds

Relace Battery and turn on

In CWM

Install Atomic 3D but DO NOT reboot

Fix perms

From the advanced Menu - Choose reboot recovery - Do not turn off or choose Reboot Sytem

Wipe data/factory reset

Fix perms

Remove cable

Select Reboot System

EDIT: just wanted to add that my droid freeze might be caused by something other than what is causing your droid freeze

Edited by nicksoph

If 3D is working for some of us then we don't have to worry about updating do we? I'm guessing that all changes you're making right now only effect booting?

Guest LadronZTE

just had a quick test of the new build boots fine all working

uploading now... beta-1

DON'T WORRIE, I WONT STOP UNTIL WE GET THIS PROBLEM SOME PEOPLE ARE HAVING SORTED wink.gif

Till you are the best!! i will try any rom you produce... :) BTW ive take a look at the TPT thing. and its mambo jumbo (much worse then rooting etc) stuff for me... so i hope we gonna get this one working witihout TPT

Guest Wacky.ddw

Till you are the best!! i will try any rom you produce... :) BTW ive take a look at the TPT thing. and its mambo jumbo (much worse then rooting etc) stuff for me... so i hope we gonna get this one working witihout TPT

There is a noob proof part about doing TPT's in my tutorial, actually its really easy :)

Guest gillestuur

Yes, stuck on GreenDroid...

F-u-c-k.. I'm off to bed.. Won't try this time then.. tillaz, you should also get some sleep man! We can('t) wait ;)

Maybe TPT's then someday...

Does the Skate have the same stock TPT size as the OMC?

When I had a brand new OMC that I'd never modified in any way I had to change to the 160MB TPT before applying Atomic 3.0, otherwise no matter what I did it'd stick on the green droid. Since then I'd say that 8 out of 10 people who have changed the TPT have been able to install all versions of Atomic. So in my opinion changing the TPT should be a requirement as it also gives you back some space which isn't a bad thing.

Guest nicksoph

@Landron

would you mind trying this?

In CWM

Fix perms

From the advanced Menu - Choose reboot recovery - Do not turn off or choose Reboot Sytem

Wipe data/factory reset

Fix perms

Remove cable

Select Reboot System

nicksoph

Guest LadronZTE

There is a noob proof part about doing TPT's in my tutorial, actually its really easy :)

LOL With your Guide its so freakin easy that i wont belive it :) that MD check worried me.. but no i get it :) i am gonna give it a try right now... update comming soon

Guest LadronZTE

@Landron

would you mind trying this?

In CWM

Fix perms

Wipe data/factory reset

Fix perms

Remove cable

Select Reboot System

nicksoph

Did not work for me either....