[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

for people having trouble installing.. i would flash the stock tpt for your device so your phone is fully back to stock then try reinstalling...

because as far as i can see the rom should install with no problems sad.gif

anyway i have added the link for v3.C back to the first post so if your one of the people having trouble you can revert

BUT im sure its to do with the TPT used, not the rom

Guest adroid starter

I also am unable to install the v3D and v3D-Beta1 roms after many tries. TPT option 2: 200m rom size was used.

I even tried Gagas1's suggestion which he used to solve problem o f stuck on green android logo, but problem remains.

I feel maybe the TPT with different rom size will cause different results. Can people who install the v3D successfully report back what TPT rom option you used?

I have no problem when installing the V3C rom.

Guest nicksoph

... So in my opinion changing the TPT should be a requirement as it also gives you back some space which isn't a bad thing.

I think you have a good point - it would be good to have a TPT given out at the same time as a new rom; it would mean that we are all starting from something quite important that was similar among everybody. That we have 4 to choose from is great for us who like to muck about, whereas others just want a good phone and having a set of peps on unknown partitions complicates the troubleshooting. I wouldnt like to use TPT's as the normal way of updating simply because of the risk involved epecialy with this phone with it not having a battery in during the process - a sneeze and a jiggle of the usb cable might brick it, empty TPT's are less likely to interrupted simply because they are small.

Guest nicksoph

I also am unable to install the v3D and v3D-Beta1 roms after many tries. TPT option 2: 200m rom size was used.

I even tried Gagas1's suggestion which he used to solve problem o f stuck on green android logo, but problem remains.

I feel maybe the TPT with different rom size will cause different results. Can people who install the v3D successfully report back what TPT rom option you used?

I have no problem when installing the V3C rom.

Would you mind having a look at post #1640 in this thread and following those instructions - there are some other instructions that worked just above that message too fom Gagas.

The other thing is not to install the new CWM yet.

Guest nicksoph

BUT im sure its to do with the TPT used, not the rom

i can recreate A Droid Loop problem, although I cant be sure its the same issue by installing the 200/35 partition and installing 3D,

Guest tillaz

i would advise using the orange official CWM,

the blue version is the unofficial build... iv noticed a couple of problems with it

Guest LadronZTE

Small question guys, if i do the TPT thing 165/35 then i will have just one try with (there will be no "restore" option in CWM?) coz thats the only way whats keeping me up on trying... thx for quick answer

@ nicksoph

It'd be nice to standardize it as it'd mean that everyone's using the same layout which makes it easier to debug. Theres no real disadvantages to changing the TPT either, especially as it flashes directly from the phones memory card and it's very quick. The way I see it people will unlock their phones and flash ROM's so why not a TPT? :blink:

I'm using the 160MB TPT found here:

Guest tillaz

OK, ONE LAST THING TO TRY SO I CAN RULE OUT THE BOOT.IMG

http://minus.com/mFVqYudvD#1

CAN SOMEONE THAT CAN NOT BOOT V3.D (STUCK AT ANDROID LOGO) DO THE FOLLOWING FOR ME PLEASE

DOWNLOAD THE BOOT.IMG FROM THE LINK ABOVE, OPEN ATOMIC V3.D WITH WINRAR AND DRAG AND DROP THE NEW BOOT.IMG INTO IT

CLOSE, ADD TO SDCARD & FLASH...

TELL ME THE RESULT huh.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest adroid starter

Would you mind having a look at post #1640 in this thread and following those instructions - there are some other instructions that worked just above that message too fom Gagas.

Still no luck after following nicksoph's suggestion, same results.

Guest mickyman550

@Landron

would you mind trying this?

In CWM

Install Atomic 3D but DO NOT reboot

Fix perms

From the advanced Menu - Choose reboot recovery - Do not turn off or choose Reboot Sytem

Wipe data/factory reset

Fix perms

Remove cable

Select Reboot System

nicksoph

Did not work for me either but thanks for trying.

Does anyone know where I can find the stock TPT for the OMC?

I've found this thread:

The folder name mentioned in the first post, "Great Britain Monte carlo T card upgrading instruction & software package", doesn't appear to match any of the folders in any of the .zip files.

I have installed Atomic 3C (for the first time on my device) with TPT option 2 (200 + 35MB) and it worked perfectly first time. So it must be something incompatible with my device and 3D, even though there doesn't appear to be anything actually wrong with the ROM since other people are actually using it.

Guest nicksoph

i would advise using the orange official CWM,

the blue version is the unofficial build... iv noticed a couple of problems with it

just trying to simplyfy cause I noticed your instructions were a bit too brief :)

Guest mickyman550

CAN SOMEONE THAT CAN NOT BOOT V3.D (STUCK AT ANDROID LOGO) DO THE FOLLOWING FOR ME PLEASE

DOWNLOAD THE BOOT.IMG FROM THE LINK ABOVE, OPEN ATOMIC V3.D WITH WINRAR AND DRAG AND DROP THE NEW BOOT.IMG INTO IT

Just tried installing 3D with new BOOT.IMG file like you said but it still doesn't get past the green android boot screen. Like I said above, just installed 3C using the same TPT and it worked first time.

Guest adroid starter

Just had a try with the new boot.img and same result, no good.

@ LadronZTE

Download this and flash it how you did the TPT.

You can also install 3C onto your phone just by booting into CWM and selecting the zip.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Just tried installing 3D with new BOOT.IMG file like you said but it still doesn't get past the green android boot screen. Like I said above, just installed 3C using the same TPT and it worked first time.

strange.. that's the boot.img from v3.C...

and the only change for C to D was the boot.img huh.gif

this makes me 100% that the problem is ether the TPT used or the sdcard

Guest nicksoph

I have installed Atomic 3C (for the first time on my device) with TPT option 2 (200 + 35MB) and it worked perfectly first time. So it must be something incompatible with my device and 3D, even though there doesn't appear to be anything actually wrong with the ROM since other people are actually using it.

it is a bit of a mystery and it would be good to find its soloution to save others the problem - I can recreate the droid freeze sympton by simply installing any of the 4 TPT's and then any version of 3d upto beta1 but then I am able to get out of it.

Guest LadronZTE

@ LadronZTE

Download this and flash it how you did the TPT.

You can also install 3C onto your phone just by booting into CWM and selecting the zip.

Ive downloaded V3C and am in...

Guest nicksoph

how about installing v3.D removing the sdcard, then booting up...

could rule out the sdcard as i have a feeling its trying to boot from it blink.gif

whether the battery is in or out and the power cable too

Guest adroid starter

strange.. that's the boot.img from v3.C...

and the only change for C to D was the boot.img huh.gif

this makes me 100% that the problem is ether the TPT used or the sdcard

I tried to flash back the v3c rom and it works straight away, didn't change the TPT and sd card.

Some differences between the flashing of v3C and v3D I observed is the processing time. v3C takes longer to finish the flash and v3D is a bit quick. Feels like the installation v3D might miss something as they should take the similar amount of time to finish.

Guest tillaz

whether the battery is in or out and the power cable too

just install v3.D then rather than reboot pull out the battery and remove sdcard, replace battery and boot up