[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Just testing it on SKatie...

EDIT: Well... Tried couple of apps but couldn't see any noticeable difference. It's probably not worth to have this expecially if it is not known what kind of negative side-effects this mod can have...

Edited by C3C0

Guest Atomix86

Just testing it on SKatie...

EDIT: Well... Tried couple of apps but couldn't see any noticeable difference. It's probably not worth to have this expecially if it is not known what kind of negative side-effects this mod can have...

That was fast lol. Is it possible to have it as an optional CWM flashable mod for your ROM? I'd love to test it myself too :D

Guest Andrael

I upgraded form 3.C to 3.E and I have the following problem:

I use VPNC and under 3.C it worked fine, but under 3.E i get "missing TUN device" error message?

Please help! It's a necessary app for me!

Edited by Andrael

Guest Fossil52

you want to copy your sim contacts to the phone?

I expected to have the SIM contents contacts available to use from the dialer contacts without import.

Having thought about it a bit I think I know what has happened...

Before getting the OMC I had two email accounts - hotmail as the mainly used one, and a virtually dormant gmail account.

Obviously the andriod phone needs a gmail account, so I use the one I've got, but continued to use the hotmail account on the OMC _before_ it is flashed to Atomic.

First run up of Atomic needs the gmail account entered, and there was a yes/no choice to "synchronise accounts"....

Now the _phone_ contacts on the OMC are the email addresses from my hotmail account.

Which is all very clever, but the email accounts have completely different passwords...

so google in it's wisdom has kept my hotmail log in details to copy the contacts into the gmail account AND the contacts on the freshly flashed OMC.

I don't think they should do that, or at least ask you to log in first to make you think you have some control over what you're doing

What else do they keep?

I don't think I'll be doing anything involving money on my OMC

Anyway, I've just managed to import from SIM (those menu options are very dim and hard to see for a fossil like me) - thanks to beewaffle :thumbs:

Edited by Fossil52

Is it possible add-on for honeycomb softkeys by flash?

This is only possible on cm roms and roms built on cm ;)

But,I am not saying its impossible,nothing is impossible :)

But as far as I know you cannot add softkeys with an add-on,they have to be done when the rom is being compiled.

You can use button savior from market!

@Tillaz,is v4 up today?

Edited by Guest

Guest TWJames

Thank you for your description!!

This is only possible on cm roms and roms built on cm ;)

But,I am not saying its impossible,nothing is impossible :)

But as far as I know you cannot add softkeys with an add-on,they have to be done when the rom is being compiled.

You can use button savior from market!

@Tillaz,is v4 up today?

Anyone else having issues with Facebook and syncing? It's permanently OFF in Accounts settings, and 'sync now' does nothing, have gone into the app and turned sync on there with nothing. No contacts coming in whatsoever, have reinstalled etc with no change.

Guest Pillhead

This is because zte don't allow for national data roaming in their rom, which is what atomic is based on. If you need this feature strongly, then I suggest you check out cm7 by tilal6991, it works very well and has this feature.

no way !!!!!!!!!!!! just got it how i like it, thought it was something small. is there no way round this?

Anyhoo noticed a couple of other things.

turned phone and charged up as normal over night, unplugged it this morning and it wouldnt turn on. I had to remove the battery before it would work....

Guest timfimjim

Just had the 'screen going black and not coming back on, until battery's pulled' problem again.

Had it a few times now, did anyone get to the bottom of this? It happens randomly, and maybe every 3/4 days.

When I press power button to wake the phone, nothing happens, when I hold down the power button nothing happens. It's not just in deep sleep, it's in a coma! huh.gif

Guest TouchyAndalou
Just had the 'screen going black and not coming back on, until battery's pulled' problem again.

Had it a few times now, did anyone get to the bottom of this? It happens randomly, and maybe every 3/4 days.

When I press power button to wake the phone, nothing happens, when I hold down the power button nothing happens. It's not just in deep sleep, it's in a coma!

I thought I'd try out CM7 for awhile, but was getting this problem after every call. Now I'm back on atomic 3e and haven't had the problem since. Weird.

Anyway, open the hardware test app, scroll down until you find the sensor test and then run calibration. Hopefully that might fix it

Guest Wacky.ddw

When I press power button to wake the phone, nothing happens, when I hold down the power button nothing happens. It's not just in deep sleep, it's in a coma! huh.gif

Maybe this helps:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/350562-faq-frequently-asked-questions-for-atomic-rom/

Guest Wacky.ddw

a little something for the Atomic fans,maybe not to everyones liking,

but I think its cool so I thought I would share.

It is a splash screen,it will overwrite the green man,flash in recovery.

A word of warning! This will mess up the charging animation when charging with phone off.If like me that dont bother you then use it.

Not sure why changing splash does this,was no problem on blade,but then blade has no charge animation.

Yea i also have bin thinking to make a splash with the letters atomic but i dont have any inspiration and i dont find a cool font. Does it corrupt the charging animation like in the video in my tutorial? Or does it show 1 black screen in the whole cycle?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Yea i also have bin thinking to make a splash with the letters atomic but i dont have any inspiration and i dont find a cool font. Does it corrupt the charging animation like in the video in my tutorial? Or does it show 1 black screen in the whole cycle?

It corrupts like video.Need to open the stock tpt and take a closer look I'm thinking,to see how the animations and splash go together.

In fact I will delete my post above,and see if I can crack the problem.

Edited by Guest

Guest nicksoph

Question: would the hardware test work in other roms or is it only compatible with this rim?

It is based on the ZTE hardware app and seems to work for the Blade and Skate. The same functions are available without the app by simply dialing special codes but only if you have a ZTE dialler. That it wont work with other Dialers makes me think that not only do you have to send the codes but they must be handled by something within the phones operating system/hardware so it seems unlikely that you could transfer it. That said if anybody has the source code available it might be that if other phones are capable of being tested by sending special codes from the dialer that they might be made to work by amending the program to send the right codes. If you have a particular phone in mind does it have the ability to carry out tests by use the dialer?

Edited by nicksoph

I upgraded form 3.C to 3.E and I have the following problem:

I use VPNC and under 3.C it worked fine, but under 3.E i get "missing TUN device" error message?

Please help! It's a necessary app for me!

tun.ko is still in the modules so it should work, will have a look at this though

another update for go launcher blink.gif

i have modded the video camera to say the resolution rather than the name, & set the default to 640x480

default was 320x240