[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest nicksoph

Allso what did you trim in the ROM? Because there is nothing i can think of thats in the ROM i can delete.

How did you partition yours?

At first i was really happy with no TPT and no link2sd because i was using cyanogenmod and it installed my apps externally. But since everyone was recommeding it i did it and i got kind of used to it. If you can tell me to what i should trim my partitons for best preformance and size that would be great.

I chose to cut the system partition size down to 150 and removed (and then later reinstalled some *) in size order;

*Maps

Wallpapers

myraid_20011.... - media sharing program

Extendedd cobtrols

*youtube

browser - installed dolphin instead

live wallpapers

*talk

*street

I think there are some apps that you must have on the phone for it to work without issues, which ones I think is Android version specific but except for the obvious fact that you dont have that apps features you can remove most of them. That said I wouldn’t remove anything that I didn’t know what it did.

Edit: removed

I think that the recommended partition sizes are 160 system 2 cache which gives close to 200mb on data.

Not sure what you are saying about TPT - it can be used as a method for a rom designer to force a set of Partition sizes onto a rom release but might you mean EXT?

Edited by nicksoph

Guest nicksoph

Well it seems i didnt, im having problems with link2sd on atomic v4 and redstarr1 has the same problem. Posted the problem in the link2sd topic.

Hi

would you try one thing which may be a quick fix before you format it all again - Id like to know if you get the problem after;

rebooting into recovery

fixing permissions

reboot normally - you may get SU come up here asking for permission for Link2sd, give it

go into link2sd and reapply the scripts

reboot - does the 2nd partition mount - you may get SU come up here asking for permission for Link2sd, give it

reboot agin - does the 2nd partition mount

Edited by nicksoph

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi

would you try one thing which may be a quick fix before you format it all again - Id like to know if you get the problem after;

rebooting into recovery

fixing permissions

reboot normally - you may get SU come up here asking for permission for Link2sd, give it

go into link2sd and reapply the scripts

reboot - does the 2nd partition mount - you may get SU come up here asking for permission for Link2sd, give it

reboot agin - does the 2nd partition mount

I allready tried fixing permissions actually i tried everything i can think of, but im not going to wipe everything again that would be the 4th time i install Atomic V4 and i have the problem every time so it wouldnt make any difference. If there is no solution im just going back to version 3E

I dont want to delete anything from the ROM, what i meant about the cache is: Why would people say the 35mb cache TPT's are better if you have enough with 2mb, i wouldnt even know what it does? Is it internal memory?

So what you are sugesting is i change my system partition to 150mb then my cache to 2mb so i dont need to use link2sd?

Guest nicksoph

So what you are sugesting is i change my system partition to 150mb then my cache to 2mb so i dont need to use link2sd?

I dont think it will work as 2mb is too small for the cache without link2sd- The standard 200mb or maybe 160mb so that the rom goes on without removal of other programs and then use links2sd and a 2nd partition on your phone - from what you have said it seems the 2nd partition is the problem. I used CWM to create the partitions on the sd card - it does a good job without needing to know what it does (creates, formats and sets them as primary). If you are going to do it all again try using it rather than a program on a pc to set up the sd card - and do this after wiping and then reboot to recovery before installing Atomic again. Depending on your card size create a 2nd partition of about 512MB and no cache partition with cwm on your sd.

If your needs are small and you think you can get away without the extra space of a 2nd sd partition then you might set your sd card back to a single fat32, in which case you should have a 35 mb cache partition on the phone with the system partition being set to what ever size will take the Atomic install (160mb without removing anything)

If you are going to restart? from the little i know about your needs I would go for a 2nd partition on your sd card and use link2sd with the 160/2 partitions which is found on one of the tpt's but if you are not going to use link2sd then you need to have a 35mb cache and then at least 160mb for the standard install of Atomic4

EDIT: See Tillaz's comments below - It seems the Cache is being redirected even if Links2sd is not being used - so a 2mb cache seems the best option in most instances.

Edited by nicksoph

Guest Wacky.ddw

I dont think it will work as 2mb is too small for the cache without link2sd- The standard 200mb or maybe 160mb so that the rom goes on without removal of other programs and then use links2sd and a 2nd partition on your phone - from what you have said it seems the 2nd partition is the problem. I used CWM to create the partitions on the sd card - it does a good job without needing to know what it does (creates, formats and sets them as primary). If you are going to do it all again try using it rather than a program on a pc to set up the sd card - and do this after wiping and then reboot to recovery before installing Atomic again. Depending on your card size create a 2nd partition of about 512MB and no cache partition with cwm on your sd.

If your needs are small and you think you can get away without the extra space of a 2nd sd partition then you might set your sd card back to a single fat32, in which case you should have a 35 mb cache partition on the phone with the system partition being set to what ever size will take the Atomic install (160mb without removing anything)

If you are going to restart? from the little i know about your needs I would go for a 2nd partition on your sd card and use link2sd with the 160/2 partitions which is found on one of the tpt'sor safer but if you are not going to use link2sd then you need to have a 35mb cache and then at least 160mb for the standard install of Atomic4

Thanks nick i replyed in the link2sd topic since we are kind of cluttering this post :P

Guest Amphoras

I allready tried fixing permissions actually i tried everything i can think of, but im not going to wipe everything again that would be the 4th time i install Atomic V4 and i have the problem every time so it wouldnt make any difference. If there is no solution im just going back to version 3E

I dont want to delete anything from the ROM, what i meant about the cache is: Why would people say the 35mb cache TPT's are better if you have enough with 2mb, i wouldnt even know what it does? Is it internal memory?

There are are lots of different partitions on the phone, but the 3 important ones here are system, cache and userdata. System is where the rom is stored. Different roms take up different amounts of space here, so if you're using a rom that takes up less space, you can make this partition smaller to give you more space in other partitions (mainly userdata).

Cache is used for things like storing apps from the market while they are downloading. If the app is bigger than the cache partition, it will fail to download. It's possible to redirect the cache to somewhere else. You can redirect it to the userdata partition, the sdcard, RAM, maybe others as well. This means you can have a smaller cache partition and still download things without problems. Only CM7 had this enabled at first (some more might now, not sure). This is the reason it was recommended to use the 35mb cache TPTs. If your rom redirects cache, then you an cut it down to 2mb.

This means you add extra space to userdata. This is where all the user apps, and the data for all your apps is stored. The dalvik cache gets stored here as well depending on the rom. The more space you have here, the more space you have for extra apps. The stock partition layout (for the Monte Carlo anyway) gives you 162.5mb for userdata. Depending on the space your rom takes up, you can get almost double that amount of space by repartitioning.

(Not saying you should or shouldn't repartition to any particular layout, just trying to explain what the different bits are used for.)

Guest Wacky.ddw

atomic dose redirect cache to data by default, so 2mb cache partitions can be used smile.gif

Ok that explains a lot, do you maybe know why i have the link2sd problem i explained here: LINK

I will do a 160mb system 2mb Cache TPT then, but i need to keep some space free on my data partition for redirecting then right?

If this works and this is enough for my apps i will format my SD to 1 partition again. But i would be glad if i could use link2sd again.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest arnookie

it will be the same on other devices running stock or modded stock roms i would Imagen,

search google for ''go weather menu button not working'' there is probably a fix floating around or an explanation,

i would have a look but im really busy at the moment just got my lg optimus 2x so working on 2 phones now lol

Glad to hear you got your 2x Tillaz :0)

My son's arrived today. Did you mange to grab one at £199 on amazon. It took us a while to catch them again at that price.

Seems to be a few a day get sold at £199 at the moment. But as soon as the listed amount sell it goes back to £249 until the next day.

What do you think of the 2X? I am still really impressed with it.

Guest nicksoph

atomic dose redirect cache to data by default, so 2mb cache partitions can be used smile.gif

Hi Tillaz

does the redirect work without Links2sd enabled?

Edited by nicksoph

Guest JThumar

Agree !! No change by following procedure infact it drains faster now

I think thats just a tought, i use Go launcher and some go widgets and my battery life is great!

What ive noticed is wiping battery stats doesnt help anything at all it makes things worse i did exactly as desicribed in your tutorial. recarge, reboot recharge again reboot into CWM wipe stats then let it drain to 0%. Now when i let it charge all night i unplugged the charger and it said it was 96% full then when i put in the charger again it showed a questionmark. When i re-flashed Atomic the problem was solved.

http://www.xda-devel...e-battery-life/

Agree !! No change by following procedure infact it drains faster now

how can doing this make it drain faster... if you read that article the woman from google is saying

''just plugging your charger into your phone wipes battery stats''

so every time we plug in the charger they are wiped automatic just like in clockworkmod...

go launcher is battery hungry i think

Edited by tillaz

Glad to hear you got your 2x Tillaz :0)

My son's arrived today. Did you mange to grab one at £199 on amazon. It took us a while to catch them again at that price.

Seems to be a few a day get sold at £199 at the moment. But as soon as the listed amount sell it goes back to £249 until the next day.

What do you think of the 2X? I am still really impressed with it.

yeah, its a great phone really like it, video at 1080p is great.. will be releasing a rom for it soon smile.gif

Guest secretman_z

Hey tillaz ,

Im having a problem with Skype and Viber on the OMC , the sound comes from the back speaker , is there a fix for that ?

one more thing is it better to LINK or Move to sd card in LINK2SD ,

Cheerz

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hey tillaz ,

Im having a problem with Skype and Viber on the OMC , the sound comes from the back speaker , is there a fix for that ?

one more thing is it better to LINK or Move to sd card in LINK2SD ,

Cheerz

Yea i also have this problem on atomic there is a modded version of skype that works:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/350881-callin-with-skype/

Guest secretman_z

I dont even know viber, i would search XDA if i where you :)

:) its even better than skype ;) you get to call people on there cell numbers for free .

i searched in xda but the OMC is not very popular there ,is there a similar device ?

:) its even better than skype ;) you get to call people on there cell numbers for free . i searched in xda but the OMC is not very popular there ,is there a similar device ?

Viber generally seems to get poor reviews on the android market website but would certainly be good if it worked on the OMC/Skate. The developer's website states that it partially supports CyanogenMod7. Here's their list of compatible devices:

http://helpme.viber....em-requirements

Edited by Nozz