[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Wacky.ddw

Installed Atomic again and didnt flash the new kernel, and battery life is way better now :)

One thing tough: Ive let the phone recharge all night, when i pulled the powercord it said 96% then i rebooted and put the cord back in. Then it gave a ? sign so i charged untill the led whent green with the phone off. Then wiped the battery stats in CWM when i reboot i still get 96% max. I never had anything higher then 96%.

Edit: But the percentage didnt even drop 1% in 5hours of standby mode, so maybe the next recharge cycle it will be better...

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Wacky, I've noticed (and think someone posted here) that even when the back button turns green, the charge may not be at 100%. So I always leave charging for a while after the green light. Might be unusual if you've left on all night though. I find the charger that Orange supplied (for plugging into the wall) is next to useless, but I see you're in Belgium using a Skate so maybe not the same. I always charge via USB on the computer anyway.

Edited by Nozz

Guest Wacky.ddw

Wacky, I've noticed (and think someone posted here) that even when the back button turns green, the charge may not be at 100%. So I always leave charging for a while after the green light. Might be unusual if you've left on all night though. I find the charger that Orange supplied (for plugging into the wall) is next to useless, but I see you're in Belgium using a Skate so maybe not the same. I always charge via USB on the computer anyway.

So it would be better to charge it trough PC and a USB2.0 port? Ive let it charge for about 8 hours. So it should be 100% :D

Still i dont understand why people say the new kernel has better battery life the old kernel works way better for me :)

So it would be better to charge it trough PC and a USB2.0 port? Ive let it charge for about 8 hours. So it should be 100% :D

Still i dont understand why people say the new kernel has better battery life the old kernel works way better for me :)

I seem to recall it being different for different people on the charging front. You could always give it a try. I'm no expert but I think it gets more voltage through the USB, so charges quicker? That's a guess though.

Guest TrollFaceEngaged

(I'm on Atomic v3.E) I had occurrences when I charged the phone all night, I later unplugged it the next morning and the battery went down really quickly (~5% every minute or so), i could only solve this by rebooting my OMC. Is it time to update to v4? Or v5?

Guest SimonDeBacker

I seem to recall it being different for different people on the charging front. You could always give it a try. I'm no expert but I think it gets more voltage through the USB, so charges quicker? That's a guess though.

no,

USB2*: 5V*0,5A = 2,5 W

ZTE travel charger: 100-240V AC IN

5V*0,7A= 3,5 W

cabstone: 12-24V DC IN

5V*1.2A= 6 W

*!! USB 3  !! :  5V*1A = 5 W 

The charging of the battery:

LI-ION battery 1400mAh (5,2Wh)

USB2 => 2,08h

ZTE travel charger => 1,49h

cabstone => 0,86h

Edited by SimonDeBacker

If you are not bothered with overclocking,do what I did,use stock boot.img....Works really good now,flawless :)

The music skipping is kernel related,as soon as I switched to stock kernel it has not skipped once.

Back to this post. Where did you get the boot.img from and how did you flash it, or did you simply replace the file and then flash the ROM? I looked at BlueMonte but there's 2 different versions.

For me Atomic seems to have better battery usage than any CM7 ROM. I guess it's because it's closer to a stock ROM, but I really want audio fixed.

I sent tillaz a private message the other day and asked him why doesn't he make an option for Atomic to have the stock kernel so that it has Dolby audio. It'd be easier than going back to BlueMonte.

Edited by H3ROS

@H3ROS

I got stock kernel from the pined topic for stock roms, to flash it,overwrite boot.Img in atomic with one from stock and flash rom.

Also,Dolby sound is not in the kernel,if I am correct it is in frameworks.

If it was in kernel,then when I flashed stock boot.img I would have Dolby,but I did not.

Edited by Guest

@H3ROS

I got stock kernel from the pined topic for stock roms, to flash it,overwrite boot.Img in atomic with one from stock and flash rom.

remember using stock kernel will remove init.d scripting, resulting in cache redirect not working and market if your on a 5mb cache partition

Also,Dolby sound is not in the kernel,if I am correct it is in frameworks.

If it was in kernel,then when I flashed stock boot.img I would have Dolby,but I did not.

yes, and its only in oranges 2.3.4 rom, so in the next couple of weeks expect a new rom up to date with atomic, including signal boost & Dolby wink.gif

@ JThumar

Download BetterBatteryStats.

@ jikobutsu

I just tried switching the kernel, but I also had to change dhd.ko to get WiFi working. Once I had everything setup it then said that SU was out of date and needed to update, and after a restart the phone then failed to get superuser status for anything. I've gave up, switched back to CM7 until tillaz works his magic :) Fingers crossed it looks the same as Atomic so that theres none of them horrible Orange stock icons, plus them ICS transitions found in Ice Armor would be cool.

I have already added the ics animations, but they don't show with go launcher, so you would need to use adw launcher to see them.

Edited by tillaz

I have already added the ics animations, but they don't show with go launcher, so you would need to use adw launcher to see them.

Are the animations and transitions only visible with the launcher?

I can see them on every function with ice armor.

@ tillaz

ICS rotation animations should still work with go launcher, at least it does on CM7. Have you added them too?

not added the rotation animation yet,

EDIT: not sure i can ether

Edited by tillaz

Are the animations and transitions only visible with the launcher?

I can see them on every function with ice armor.

some launchers use there own animations, i can only clearly see them with adw launcher... did not see them in go launcher

Atomic V5 cant wait :D

Assuming its going to be called V5 and not Atomic Bomb or something :lol:

Did you crack that music problem tillaz ?

Edited by Guest