TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

Guest MoreLazers

Stief, if you put the sim that you want to work in the omc in another phone that it actually works in, then wait until it gets signal; you should be able to put the sim in the omc with the x sim and it should work first time with the code 0096 or 0032. Both have worked for me.

i must admit they's turbo sims are very unreliable... i now can not get a data connection & is starting to P me off as its stopping me finishing the rom update....

it looks like doing all wipes in clockwork is affecting them in some way.... sad.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

i must admit they's turbo sims are very unreliable... i now can not get a data connection & is starting to P me off as its stopping me finishing the rom update....

it looks like doing all wipes in clockwork is affecting them in some way.... sad.gif

i dont think clockwork or wipes has anything to do with that...xsims are a cheap solution to unlock older gsm phones....obviously they dont work reliably using high data rates, hspda or 3G...

a few people complained their xsim has died completely after working perfectly for 24 hours...maybe due to heat...or overload...?

i dont think clockwork or wipes has anything to do with that...xsims are a cheap solution to unlock older gsm phones....obviously they dont work reliably using high data rates, hspda or 3G...

a few people complained their xsim has died completely after working perfectly for 24 hours...maybe due to heat...or overload...?

Mine doesn't work no more whatsoever.

Guest stiefanu
Stief, if you put the sim that you want to work in the omc in another phone that it actually works in, then wait until it gets signal; you should be able to put the sim in the omc with the x sim and it should work first time with the code 0096 or 0032. Both have worked for me.

Ok, thanks for the answer.

I'll try this method :) EDIT: It works! Thank you a lot MoreLazers!

Edited by stiefanu

Guest jhonny2

I will be abroad from 25th and want to use my OMC there. I wouldn't mind if 3g and dataconnectivity doesn't work but I want to recieve make calls and text.

Which sim would you recommend that arrives in 1 week?

Guest jhonny2

got my data working again, just put my sim back in my old phone then back in the OMC.....

Are you using XSIM? Do u knwo any alternatives that works actually?

Guest prodromaki

Hello there guys. I've been reading the posts in the mocaco forums for quite some time, but this is actually my first one, so nice to meet you all :). I am posting here, because after reading about the turbo-sim, I decided it was time to upgrade from the sf(blade), to the mc(skate). Thus I've ordered the phone through ebay, but now the guy selling the turbo-sim, that was supposed to unlock it, doesn't sell it anymore. Interestingly enough in his relisting of the item, before he took the listing down completely, he had removed the skate from the compatibility list. What now? Is there an alternative? I am interested in using the phone in Greece, in a gsm cell 800/1900 network(cosmote), mainly for phonecalls(so 3g is not my main concern, even though I do have a 100mb data plan and use it from time to time to check my emails/update the desktop widgets, when I am away from home for a few of hours). If I have to, I will wait until the devs here do unlock it(thanks for all your hard work in advance, and btw I would gladly buy the guy who actually does it, a glass of beer or two), but I would prefer upgrading right now, even if its function is somewhat impaired with the turbo-sim and the likes.

P.S. UPDATE: I've exchanged a few emails with the guy, who sells the turbo sims, but in order to avoid any future grief, he asked me to remove the alternative listing from this forum as well as the mails(I had updated this posts with this info, before I had to delete them). I will still give the turbo sim a try though.

Kind regards, Prodromos

Edited by prodromaki

Guest stiefanu

hi can someone advise what code i have to enter and what i need to do with turbo sim and a 3 sim card to work in omc thanks

Try MoreLazers's method. It's the only that work with my sim!

Put sim and smartsim in another phone that works with, enter 0030 code, wait until it gets signal and remove battery. Then put sim and smart sim in OMC and enter code 0032 or 0096 (mine worked with 0032). Wait a few seconds and it should work!

Edited by stiefanu

Guest MoreLazers

my x sim is now dead, lucky i am now able to request the unlock code from orange

How come? Have you had it three months? I got mine on the day of release, so I might be able to do the same :D

Guest tilal6991

How come? Have you had it three months? I got mine on the day of release, so I might be able to do the same

I think he did an you shoul be able to get yours as well.

I ordered mine on the first day they were available that was 10th august and iv'e 2 weeks before i can get the code ,Unless you can order the code early as it takes two weeks to get it.

Guest glossywhite

I ordered mine on the first day they were available that was 10th august and iv'e 2 weeks before i can get the code ,Unless you can order the code early as it takes two weeks to get it.

I'm just going to be grateful that Orange have been kind enough to send me a new OMC, even though *I* wrecked it through meddling, and accept that I have to wait for the unlock to come along in good time.

No rush. GREAT phone! Great Orange support!

Hi thanks its working on 3 to make calls but wont recieve them i am running this off the software straight out of the box can someone who has this working on 3 explain what i need to do in order to make and recieve and text and use the internet.

Update i can text out but can not recieve - no internet after entering apn three.co.uk

Thank you

Try MoreLazers's method. It's the only that work with my sim!

Put sim and smartsim in another phone that works with, enter 0030 code, wait until it gets signal and remove battery. Then put sim and smart sim in OMC and enter code 0032 or 0096 (mine worked with 0032). Wait a few seconds and it should work!

Edited by omc3g

Guest CyberSurfer

Just to confirm that the above short cut works on Vodaphone, of course APN must be set up but everything works fine - make/receive calls; sned/receive texts, internet access

Woo Hoo !