[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

PS2: If you want, i ready to test modification for the a2sd script. Because i read earler on this thread you can't test it without an EXT part on your SD-Card.

Thank, I've got that a2sd thing already sorted out. RLS2 is coming sometime later today. :)

Doesnt work with my gen3 amss

As the topic title says, it's for gen2 - not for gen1 or gen3. burstlam is doing ROOT and Deodexed only version which should work on your device.

And you could also test the original untouched gingerbread leak.

Guest KonstaT

Apparently the headset and fm radio not work

Are you aware?

Is it true ?

Apparently? Are you reporting bugs or just spreading rumors?

Both work just fine for me.

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS2. Screenshots in the first post.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?v5kxwa58n0ngxv8

MD5:EFDFFD0EE0806D51AF636B827E0CF4C0

RLS2 changelog:

-added CM7 look-a-like scrollable notification power widget with 10 toggles

*wifi, mobile data, GPS, bluetooth, sync, auto-rotate, flight mode, auto-brightness, vibrate and sound

-fixed a2sd related problem causing reboot

-deodexed framework and rest of the apks (thanks to burstlam)

-CRT screen off animation

-transparent notification area

-added CM7 keyboard

-added flashlight app

-added Google Talk

-added/updated/replaced few apps

-system size ~123mb

Add-on:

-Stock notification area (removes notification power widget)

http://www.mediafire.com/?z81mdvd94d026hd

MD5:83D553D2F00C12766641C954BFAC70E4

Guest Akash P

Flashed Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS2. Everything works great! Thank you very much Konsta T for this gem of a Rom.

Edited by Akash P

Flashed Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS2. Everything works great! Thank you very much Konsta T for this gem of a Rom.

Flashed too , and no problems found yet.

FM Radio works fine.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Some users might have to calibrate their proximity. Proximity sensor is calibrated on the first boot, so don't cover it while first boot. You can recalibrate proximity by running command 'ztesensortest -c' in terminal. If that doesn't help, you might have to flash ZTE dialer add-on and run emode sensor calibration by dialing *983*0#.

In the latest GSF I have an app called ZTE Emode Helper which lets users run the engineering codes without flashing the ZTE Dialer....I'm not sure if this would be as simple to implement as copying the APK? Or if there is more in depth work required, just a thought? Good luck with the ROM mate, you've helped me a lot before with kernels and whatnot so I'll try and help out here if you like :) Maybe some themes and shizzle? wink.gif

In the latest GSF I have an app called ZTE Emode Helper which lets users run the engineering codes without flashing the ZTE Dialer....I'm not sure if this would be as simple to implement as copying the APK? Or if there is more in depth work required, just a thought? Good luck with the ROM mate, you've helped me a lot before with kernels and whatnot so I'll try and help out here if you like :) Maybe some themes and shizzle? wink.gif

Simply extract the .apk from the last GSF rom and install it. it works fine.

Psi

Guest onericardo

Guys, I'm confused with all this new roms.

I'm using CAE 1.2. Is this rom better than CAE and CM7 ?

I want a stable rom for using every day without crashes.

Thanks.

Guest Yrmiö

Nice rom indeet. Gonna replace cm7 for this. CM7 was good but it has too much verything whitch i dont realy need. Thank you Konsta for good work!

Besides the governor profile what cpu settings did you change?

just ''min cpu prequency'' -> 122mhz improves battery life a lot.

Edited by Yrmiö

Been putting this ROM through it's paces for a second day and the only strange stuff that happened was seemingly randomly going on and off for prolonged periods green led on back button (maybe that's by design in gingerbread, dunno, moved from SS5, never tried GB before), also on one occasion menu screen started flickering like mental for a few brief moments after exiting camera app, and the default keyboard seems like it's shrunk vertically in landscape mode (maybe it's by design too), yet it's easily fixable by downloading GB keyboard from market. Will be keeping my eye and reporting any findings, but so far this ROM looks very promising, as I am searching for a rock-solid everyday GB ROM which is as close to vanilla as possible. Thank you very much KonstaT, burstlam and wbaw!

UK OSF OLED

Guest KonstaT

Been putting this ROM through it's paces for a second day and the only strange stuff that happened was seemingly randomly going on and off for prolonged periods green led on back button (maybe that's by design in gingerbread, dunno, moved from SS5, never tried GB before), also on one occasion menu screen started flickering like mental for a few brief moments after exiting camera app, and the default keyboard seems like it's shrunk vertically in landscape mode (maybe it's by design too), yet it's easily fixable by downloading GB keyboard from market. Will be keeping my eye and reporting any findings, but so far this ROM looks very promising, as I am searching for a rock-solid everyday GB ROM which is as close to vanilla as possible. Thank you very much KonstaT, burstlam and wbaw!

UK OSF OLED

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Green LED sticking is a minor bug in the kernel. It can be easily switched off by plugging the phone in/out of charger. It shouldn't drain battery or anything even if it was left on. It's only a mild discomfort so I don't think that I'm going to update the kernel until ZTE releases source code for this one.

I had to tweak the keyboard a bit, it was originally shrunk in vertical mode too. Forgot to see how it even looks in horizontal mode. :D That's not even too bad, now the keyboard won't take more than half of the screen. I'll probably fix it though.

That camera thing might be something related to camera lib. I'll see if I can reproduce that error.

Edited by KonstaT

Antutu on 604Mhz

CM7 N222 - 1361

GSF B27 - 1221

This rom - 1204

All without SD card test

Interesting. I just got 1348 @604 mhz on the first time with antutu on this rom.

Rom has been on the phone 24 hours and no reboots.

Psi

Very good ROM, thanks ! Just flashed RLS2 (from CM7) but i think i've found a bug:

if you let the phone enter in sleep mode (without pressing power button), you can still wake it up by pressing "Menu" button. So it doesn't go to deep sleep, i can still ping it if wifi enabled. But if you press the power button to put it in sleep mode, it doesn't wake up with the menu button and i don't ping it anymore.

i hope that it will help ;)

Interesting. I just got 1348 @604 mhz on the first time with antutu on this rom.

Rom has been on the phone 24 hours and no reboots.

Psi

running one single test isnt really reliable. you need to run it a number of times and get an average to get a real idea of the score

Guest KonstaT

Very good ROM, thanks ! Just flashed RLS2 (from CM7) but i think i've found a bug:

if you let the phone enter in sleep mode (without pressing power button), you can still wake it up by pressing "Menu" button. So it doesn't go to deep sleep, i can still ping it if wifi enabled. But if you press the power button to put it in sleep mode, it doesn't wake up with the menu button and i don't ping it anymore.

i hope that it will help ;)

Wifi staying connected is a feature of the .35 kernel. If your wifi sleep policy is set to 'when screen turns off', wifi stays connected for 15 minutes after screen goes off. If wifi sleep policy is set to never, it does exactly that. Wifi should stay in low power mode though, but still connected.

running one single test isnt really reliable. you need to run it a number of times and get an average to get a real idea of the score

Yeah, I wouldn't give that much value to single benchmark results anyway. Benching always happens in multitask environment, maybe if you'd take average of ten runs. Of course the benching gives you some idea of the level you're at. On single run I got 1221 points, @604mhz, no sdcard in antutu. What comes to that CPU float point score, it should be 100+ points, I've already "fixed" that (don't know if it makes your phone faster other than fixes that score).

I'd say this ROM performs very well compared to other ZTE based ROMs. You also have to remember that I've only had few days to tweak this.

since battery life is much improoved on the latest nightlies/stable releases of cm7, how's battery on this rom?

I'm using same kernel in this ROM that I've used with gsf earlier. It's slightly different from the one used in gsf, but still very similar. I've been mostly testing and flashing with my phone, so it's hard for me to say. I'd say battery life should be about the same as gsf - not better, not worse.

Using the optional stock kernel, your battery life should be better compared to this overclock supporting kernel. I don't recommend using it though, unless you have a newer model of ZTE Libra and you have trouble using your camera.

Edited by KonstaT