[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

It says:

Mobile stand by : 37 %

Mobile inactive: 31 %

Wifi: 21 %

Screen: 9%

The thing is that I havent used the wifi. I have not been connected to any wifi.

If you're not using wifi you have to make sure its disabled. When its not connected to a network its constantly searching for them. If you don't use mobile data much then you could also disable background data in the sync settings (this disables any auto syncing for emails, calendar etc).

Guest deksman2

Everything works fine here on my end.

I keep Wifi turned on at all times (I disabled it's option to go to sleep when the screen turns off) and my battery life has been consistently high.

Not so much as a drop in battery with Wifi constantly turned on.

Even the gps (of course I'm referring to when the phone's screen is turned off).

Guys, make sure you did a proper full wipe.

Everything works fine here on my end.

I keep Wifi turned on at all times (I disabled it's option to go to sleep when the screen turns off) and my battery life has been consistently high.

Not so much as a drop in battery with Wifi constantly turned on.

Even the gps (of course I'm referring to when the phone's screen is turned off).

Guys, make sure you did a proper full wipe.

Thanks.

I've same problem and if I turn on alway this problem seems disappear.

But I don't know how it's affect to my battery life.

Guest Thundermand

I have been using this rom for a couple of days. But Im having problem with battery usage.

It drops from a 100 % to 60 - 70 % using the things below

10 min - Conversation in telephone

7 Hours of standby time.

All using everything off like ,wifi,3G,Brightness. I have calibrated the battery. But with no sucess.

I did not have this bad battery usage on the original rom. Any one have on idea why the battery drops that fast? Or is it normal?

Thanks!

I had the same problem and wiping cache solved it.

Edited by Thundermand

Has anyone tried to play NOVA game on this rom?

On Swedish Spring it was working like a charm. On MMHMP only empty white screen shows up and nothing comes up next..

Guest R_Bachman

just to be sure 100%... i have already Moldovan RLS6.... i want to flash RLS7.

Do i have to wipe again? or it's not necessary?

Thanks in advance

No wipe needed. If you use the zte_dialer, just make sure you flash the rom and the dialer at the same time.

Don't flash the rom-reboot- and then the dialer..

Guest FollowWings

To wjtk! You need to edit system/build.prop manufacture=zte to manufacture=HTC and you could play gameloft hd games with htc desire hd data files, mainly nova 1 and asphalt, and its recommanded to set cpu above 610mhz

rebooted my router and it detected the wifi signal again but after a while it just dropped out again .. will have to try something else

I have been noticing excessive battery drain from mail applications such as Gmail and Email. Both have been set to push but never had this issue before when I was on 2.2. Has anyone else experienced this?

Guest I900-Nutzer

Hmm - no Chance here to calibrate the Proximity-Sensor :unsure: Tried it via Terminal, via ZTE Emode Helper and via ZTE Dialer with no Luck :huh:

Any Ideas?

Thx!

Guest FollowWings

Dear Konstat! There is an app in mm arket called voltage control! I wanna use it but its only support kernels with relative values or 750-1550 absolute values ( either its stock or custom) , so which kernel of yours will this app work? I wanna tune up the cpu to 804 mhz without any freeze so i need some+ voltage for it( zte blade)

Guest dirlan2001

Hmm - no Chance here to calibrate the Proximity-Sensor :unsure: Tried it via Terminal, via ZTE Emode Helper and via ZTE Dialer with no Luck :huh:

Any Ideas?

Thx!

Hmmm,

Scroll back to post #598 :)

:D

Guest lantama

I have been using this rom for a couple of days. But Im having problem with battery usage.

It drops from a 100 % to 60 - 70 % using the things below

10 min - Conversation in telephone

7 Hours of standby time.

All using everything off like ,wifi,3G,Brightness. I have calibrated the battery. But with no sucess.

I did not have this bad battery usage on the original rom. Any one have on idea why the battery drops that fast? Or is it normal?

Thanks!

Same problem with the Blade of my wife. I did a full wipe before installing the rom. GSF27 was on it before. Also with very bad battery usage. Maybe the issue started then somehow?

Someone here suggested to wipe the cache again, I did so but still same issue. There is no application running, it is the android system itself, as far as I can see. When I reboot, I loose around 10%. Something strange is going on...

Only 24 hours battery time without heavy usage is ugly. Interesting is that with heavy usage the battery lifetime is not worse?!

The ROM (RLS7) -besides the problem- is great.

Any suggestions? Other Kernel?

Maybe the wrong forum for that, but is there really an alternative ROM with low battery usage?

Thanks

lantama

Guest FireRider2004

@KonstaT

THX for this great ROM. You are the man ;)

I came from GSF 27, with multiple Problems (System deleting all widgets and settings on reboot and so on...)

Got Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS7 since one week and it´s working like a charm.

After reporting (here) missing album art from the stock Music player when using AAC's, I decided to switch to MP3's. Now it got worse — the Music app crashes each time I go to the Artist tab and open (expand) an artist that has an MP3 song. However, I still can play the songs from the Songs or Album tabs.

I use RLS6. Tried on a friend's RLS7 — same thing.

Edited by dsig

Guest zendorphine

I have been noticing excessive battery drain from mail applications such as Gmail and Email. Both have been set to push but never had this issue before when I was on 2.2. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have, and I posted my findings somewhere back on this thread. I've re-examined the apps over and over, and I'm still getting huge drain with email, gmail and k9 even without push. Lately I've used PowerTutor to study this issue, but it hasn't produced a lot of useful information. I have still no clue why these produce the drain. At some point I'll check if the drain occurs with these apps in CM7.

One additional thing I've started to suspect about the Blade and its battery is that the hardware in the Blade might not be able to report the maximum voltage of the battery correctly. If I unplug the phone from the charger immediately after hitting 100% the charge starts dropping quite fast. However, if I leave it connected for an hour after I've hit 100% (yes, I've calibrated) the charge starts dropping much later. With some understanding of battery technology, this should not happen unless the reported 100% level is not actually 100%. Either the voltage simply levels out at this point and additional charging still takes place or the hardware is not able to report higher values than 4228 mV (in my case) which is then interpreted as 100% while the battery is charged further. This needs a bit more investigation.

-Z-

Guest KonstaT

Dear Konstat! There is an app in mm arket called voltage control! I wanna use it but its only support kernels with relative values or 750-1550 absolute values ( either its stock or custom) , so which kernel of yours will this app work? I wanna tune up the cpu to 804 mhz without any freeze so i need some+ voltage for it( zte blade)

To be honest I have no clue if it has required UVLF and UVHF or UV_mV_table. You can find link to kernel source in the first post if you have better understanding of things. From what I've heard, no one has had success with undervolting blade. I think same applies to overvolting. There is zero chance of your blade running stable at 800+ mhz.

... When I reboot, I loose around 10%. Something strange is going on...

Any suggestions? Other Kernel?

Maybe the wrong forum for that, but is there really an alternative ROM with low battery usage?

The battery percentage isn't that accurate. And sometimes when you reboot on low battery, you gain 10% :o. Battery percentage doesn't go down always that linear either. I'd concentrate more on overall battery performance.

You can try the Malaysian stock kernel add-on from the first post. I tested it for some time while back and everything seems to work ok. It doesn't have any of the added goodies like the custom kernel has (overclock, governors, schedulers, EXT4, TUN, CIFS, etc). I think it didn't improve stand-by time that much, but I'd say it consumes little less battery when screen on (mostly thanks to lack of overclocking).

After reporting (here) missing album art from the stock Music player when using AAC's, I decided to switch to MP3's. Now it got worse — the Music app crashes each time I go to the Artist tab and open (expand) an artist that has an MP3 song. However, I still can play the songs from the Songs or Album tabs.

I use RLS6. Tried on a friend's RLS7 — same thing.

What codec are you using and what on earth are you trying to embed into your files? Works just fine with my mp3s and no one else has said anything that they had issues of that kind. There must be something wrong with your files.

One additional thing I've started to suspect about the Blade and its battery is that the hardware in the Blade might not be able to report the maximum voltage of the battery correctly. If I unplug the phone from the charger immediately after hitting 100% the charge starts dropping quite fast. However, if I leave it connected for an hour after I've hit 100% (yes, I've calibrated) the charge starts dropping much later. With some understanding of battery technology, this should not happen unless the reported 100% level is not actually 100%. Either the voltage simply levels out at this point and additional charging still takes place or the hardware is not able to report higher values than 4228 mV (in my case) which is then interpreted as 100% while the battery is charged further. This needs a bit more investigation.

Yeah, I think this happen with every ROM I've used. You can see this when you look into settings -> about device -> status -> battery status. It takes some time before status turns from charging to full after percentage has already reached 100%. I have no idea why this happens though.

does it support ad-hoc.this will be my first priority.

No.

Guest gredawarha

Hi all

I installed this last wek and love it, much smoother however today my battery appears to have suddenly dropped off at an alarming rate. I have not installed any new apps and the phone has been sat on my desk unused. Any idea why it would suddenly do this?

Guest tkelly0727

Hi all

I installed this last wek and love it, much smoother however today my battery appears to have suddenly dropped off at an alarming rate. I have not installed any new apps and the phone has been sat on my desk unused. Any idea why it would suddenly do this?

Samee hear. When i set my alarm to wake up early. And in the mornings it dropped from 100% to 74%.

And if i dont set an alarm it stays a 100% untill i wake up