[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Kernel is something interchangeable between ROMs?

Or is something to hit and miss?

I've got problems with my camera with the kernel from MMHMP and I want to test the BladeGinger Negaraku kernel. Can I just take the boot image and put it in the zip from other kernel updates?

I think Konstat made kernel patches specialy for ppl that have problems with thier camera check the 1st post.

Guest KonstaT

Kernel is something interchangeable between ROMs?

Or is something to hit and miss?

I've got problems with my camera with the kernel from MMHMP and I want to test the BladeGinger Negaraku kernel. Can I just take the boot image and put it in the zip from other kernel updates?

It isn't quite that simple. Kernels built for ZTE based ROMs (not CM7) are interchangeable in general. But there is more in boot.img than just the kernel. Boot.img can be divided into kernel and ramdisk. Ramdisk contains the most important properties and init scripts that are executed on boot.

I've modified files in my ramdisk and I don't know exact modifications that others have made to theirs. It will boot/work but I can't guarantee that everything is working as I would like it to be.

Guest DarkCrono

I think Konstat made kernel patches specialy for ppl that have problems with thier camera check the 1st post.

I've tried them, camera work, but I lost wifi.

Negaraku one have a patch for wifi too, tested it now, and work like a charm, but no OC of course.

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest KonstaT

I've tried them, camera work, but I lost wifi.

Negaraku one have a patch for wifi too, tested it now, and work like a charm, but no OC of course.

*removed*

Edited by KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

Try this one. I built it for RLS8 but it won't be included because I didn't have time to test it properly. It's built from burstlam's latest sources (and complete source is forked to my github).

And I'm uploading RLS8 as we speak...

flashed, rebooting...

----------------

Camera is ok, but No Wifi

Take a look on the Negaraku stock kernel, it have a additional wifi lib... http://www.multiupload.com/4Y1IH5H35B

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest KonstaT

Camera is ok, but No Wifi

Take a look on the Negaraku stock kernel, it have a additional wifi lib... http://www.multiupload.com/4Y1IH5H35B

Ah ok. It has different wifi driver. Do you know what wifi chip your phone has? Didn't even know that some chinese phones had wifi issue with our current ROMs. I guess you have to use that stock kernel and wifi driver if you want to use other ROMs too.

I don't know what kernel changes it needs (if it needs?), but I'm sure that burstlam would have included that into his source if it was available. ZTE still hasn't released source code for .35 gingerbread kernel.

Guest DarkCrono

Ah ok. It has different wifi driver. Do you know what wifi chip your phone has? Didn't even know that some chinese phones had wifi issue with our current ROMs. I guess you have to use that stock kernel and wifi driver if you want to use other ROMs too.

I don't know what kernel changes it needs (if it needs?), but I'm sure that burstlam would have included that into his source if it was available. ZTE still hasn't released source code for .35 gingerbread kernel.

I don't know the chip model, but wifi worked ok on your prior kernel (RLS 7), but no camera. The RLS 8 camera worked, but no wifi, like the stock malaysian.

Guest KonstaT

I don't know the chip model, but wifi worked ok on your prior kernel (RLS 7), but no camera. The RLS 8 camera worked, but no wifi, like the stock malaysian.

Now I'm confused. :P The stock malaysian kernel from the first post is exactly same as the Negaraku stock kernel you posted, but the negaraku package had also wifi driver included. Are you saying that wifi works with one but not with the other? That would suggest that the problem is with wifi chip/driver.

Wipe, reinstall and start experimenting with different combinations of kernels and wifi drivers to see if you get both camera and wifi working. Not much I can do...

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS8. This is probably the final release (and I mean it this time ;)). Center clock add-on added, rest of the add-ons are just renamed.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS8.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?h20jpfgnaj7f1rx (mirror)

MD5:71B0ADB62D2ED3FD4FD2B5F347AA717C

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS8-TPT.zip (see TPT installation instructions in the first post)

http://www.mediafire.com/?du40bwol2smy53h

MD5:E9EA32E0F4BB504F6AB7B21676DB6E94

RLS8 changelog:

-new fully customisable notification power widget

-MIUI style battery bar

-ROM Settings embedded into settings menu

-new CyanogenMod7 dialler with T9 support

-updated Market and Maps

-updated Superuser and su binary

-updated No-Frills CPU Control and Terminal Emulator

-updated hosts file

-updated apns list

-mount cache to tmpfs only if cache partition is smaller than 20mb

-few other smaller tweaks here and there

-system size ~125mb

Vanilla version:

Same as above, except:

-no circle battery mod

-no notification power widget

-no miui battery bar

-no extra settings embedded into settings menu

-no power menu reboot options

-no transparent notification area

-no CRT screen off animation

-default wallpaper

-zte alarm instead of deskclock (displays next alarm in lockscreen)

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS8-Vanilla.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?nbswly28byyhgud

MD5:A07EB4E5939A7F0385A3B423B1D9A1F1

Add-ons:

M-MHMP-RLS8-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip (center clock, removes battery icon, rearranges statusbar icons - looks nice with the MIUI battery bar)

http://www.mediafire.com/?kv5sc62xuc6afe7

MD5:72BE807DE91F44C43899C59A361AF913

Edited by KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

Now I'm confused. :P The stock malaysian kernel from the first post is exactly same as the Negaraku stock kernel you posted, but the negaraku package had also wifi driver included. Are you saying that wifi works with one but not with the other? That would suggest that the problem is with wifi chip/driver.

Wipe, reinstall and start experimenting with different combinations of kernels and wifi drivers to see if you get both camera and wifi working. Not much I can do...

Yes, I think the additional wifi driver is the solution. Is safe to just put your boot.img in the negaraku upadate package?

Guest DarkCrono

I use the vanilla version RLS 7, I need to full wipe to install RLS 8?

What is the difference between the two versions? I think is the updated kernel right?

----------------

PS.: Tried to mix up your kernel and that wifi driver and it didn't work.

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest KonstaT

I use the vanilla version RLS 7, I need to full wipe to install RLS 8?

What is the difference between the two versions? I think is the updated kernel right?

Changelog can be found couple of posts up. Vanilla version has mainly app updates, because the flashy cool features are not included. Kernel is still the same as in RLS7.

You should be fine updating from RLS7 without wipes (dalvik cache is wiped automatically). But if you encounter any problems - do a full wipe. No wipe, no whine policy still stands. ;)

Guest DarkCrono

Changelog can be found couple of posts up. Vanilla version has mainly app updates, because the flashy cool features are not included. Kernel is still the same as in RLS7.

You should be fine updating from RLS7 without wipes (dalvik cache is wiped automatically). But if you encounter any problems - do a full wipe. No wipe, no whine policy still stands. ;)

Thanks ;)

Guest eirlysbill1

REPOSTED (10/1/12) TO INCLUDE PROPER USE OF QUOTE BELOW

This is probably the final release (and I mean it this time ;)).

Mista T,

You are da man. All joking aside, thanks again for the way you give to this community. I know its been said before, but there are few devs who support their stuff, like you do. Not just the info, but the respect you give to every question that's asked of you.

Even if this is really the final release smile.gif; its been a great ride. And I for one will be looking for anything you might do with ICS.

All the best,

Bill

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest ManMetDeHamer

After trying all the roms out there recently i decided to switch to this rom today.

I dont want to keep flashing roms and restoring all my stuff all the time, and this seems to be the most stable rom there is atm :)

Guest Cyclothunder

After trying all the roms out there recently i decided to switch to this rom today.

I dont want to keep flashing roms and restoring all my stuff all the time, and this seems to be the most stable rom there is atm :)

Hope yo don't mind me asking but why did you let go Lewa rom?

I'm thinking of letting it go mostly because of battery drain,(all cyanogenmod clones only lasts a day with my usage. I have tried in the past roms like GSF and got 2days with the same usage).

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Hope yo don't mind me asking but why did you let go Lewa rom?

I'm thinking of letting it go mostly because of battery drain,(all cyanogenmod clones only lasts a day with my usage. I have tried in the past roms like GSF and got 2days with the same usage).

The battery was pretty good for me compared to the normal cm7 version. but on the other and i was thinking to myself what does the eyecandy realy add to my phone and it was nothing.

I mean i was not even using the lewa launcher etc. Also i was having quite a few force closes which made me go and try some other roms :D

Guest ManMetDeHamer

It might fix some problems ppl are having with diffrent blades beocuse there are diffrent hardware configurations like the camera can be diffrent.

If everything is working for you atm there is no point in changeing the kernel.

Guest Maxsas360

The battery was pretty good for me compared to the normal cm7 version. but on the other and i was thinking to myself what does the eyecandy realy add to my phone and it was nothing.

I mean i was not even using the lewa launcher etc. Also i was having quite a few force closes which made me go and try some other roms :D

I switched to this rom for the same reasons, but this is hella smoother than Lewa too. And miui battery...

Guest eirlysbill1

Updated to RLS8. This is probably the final release (and I mean it this time ;)).

Mista T,

You are da man. All joking aside, thanks again for the way you give to this community. I know its been said before, but there are few devs who support their stuff, like you do. Not just the info, but the respect you give to every question that's asked of you.

Even if this is really the final release smile.gif; its been a great ride. And I for one will be looking for anything you might do with ICS.

All the best,

Bill

Guest Cyclothunder

I switched to this rom for the same reasons, but this is hella smoother than Lewa too. And miui battery...

... and i'm keeping this rom also for the same reasons.