[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Great Rom, works without any problem.

Only one thing - after I installed patch1 the keyboard stopped support hebrew (work fine before the patch).

Ok, good to know. I couldn't get that CM7 keyboard to work perfectly so I used the original android keyboard. I just added the dictionaries and finnish keyboard layout.

I'll see if I can add hebrew some time later. Might be difficult for me since I'm not really sure how it should look like. :) It isn't one of those languages that is written from right to left though, or is it?

Yes, Hebrew is RTL languages.

It's not so importmant to me, I use fix that change the font, fix rtl problems and replace the keyboard (to perfect keyboard).

Until now I just skip the keyboard step, because cm7 keyboard work fine.

So no need to waste your time on this.

thanks!

Guest KonstaT

Shortcut keys don't work for me on the native dialer (not ZTE one) of RLS2. Could anyone confirm this bug ?

Thanks

Do you mean the Phone/Call log/Contact/Favorites on the top?

Works well for me. Have gone to ZTE dialer and back without wipe. You have to wipe when you change dialer.

yes it is, the moust official and stable/not bugged rom for blade

Great! I guess that all of us who care mostly for the SS5-like stability and stock feel (and not for the CM7 eye candy appeal) should just wait for some maturity...bug fixes etc...

Any feedback on Skype/Viber sound routing problem? Is the issue with the speaker routing present at all?

Do you mean the Phone/Call log/Contact/Favorites on the top?

Works well for me. Have gone to ZTE dialer and back without wipe. You have to wipe when you change dialer.

i mean the shortcuts we can define to associate a key on the numeric keyboard of the dialer to a call number. For example, you can then press longer these numeric key to dial this call number. I can well define these shortcuts in the "call settings" but when i press the choosed key, nothing happens.

I've never tried ZTE dialer and never flashed it, i only use the one included in your ROM.I come from cm7 so i did a full wipe before flashing RLS2.

thanks

Guest MidaMilunk

Anyone tried themes? Like the HTC-like one for GSF? Should this work?

I have tried it. At first look it was good, but there were runaway text here and there. Reverted to original.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest KonstaT

i mean the shortcuts we can define to associate a key on the numeric keyboard of the dialer to a call number. For example, you can then press longer these numeric key to dial this call number. I can well define these shortcuts in the "call settings" but when i press the choosed key, nothing happens.

I've never tried ZTE dialer and never flashed it, i only use the one included in your ROM.I come from cm7 so i did a full wipe before flashing RLS2.

thanks

Ok, I misunderstood. The CM7/AOSP dialer is not the original that came with this ROM so the speed dialing doesn't work with that one. If you want to use speed dialing, you have to flash the ZTE dialer add-on. It works with that one.

Anyone tried themes? Like the HTC-like one for GSF? Should this work?

Please don't use themes that are not made for this ROM. This is not GSF.

This quite similar compared to leaked ROM, but there are differences too. If you flash themes which always replace system files, you can have all kinds of strange behaviour. Some of the text/images are displaced and might point to wrong place.

Ok, I misunderstood. The CM7/AOSP dialer is not the original that came with this ROM so the speed dialing doesn't work with that one. If you want to use speed dialing, you have to flash the ZTE dialer add-on. It works with that one.

Ok thanks ;)

Guest KonstaT

ADB is not working with my blade since upgrade from GSF to this, anyone else with the same problem or is a driver issue?

Just tested ADB and works for me in both linux and windows. Shows in listed devices as P729_GENERIC.

Guest MidaMilunk

Please don't use themes that are not made for this ROM. This is not GSF.

This quite similar compared to leaked ROM, but there are differences too. If you flash themes which always replace system files, you can have all kinds of strange behaviour. Some of the text/images are displaced and might point to wrong place.

Exactly! I also guessed this, but it did worth a try. It was quick, and with no pain! I hope there will be the same theme also for this ROM-family.

Guest EeppinenFailuri

Hi, tested this rom and found one major issue!

Rom broke contacts totally. Importing contacts shows that it is working but cant see any contacts anywhere. Tried from SIM and SD-card import. Weird thing is that i got unanswered call and it shows correct name. So there are contacts saved somewhere but i cannot see them.

I'd say thats major issue in a phone! :( :D

Rom broke contacts totally. Importing contacts shows that it is working but cant see any contacts anywhere. Tried from SIM and SD-card import. Weird thing is that i got unanswered call and it shows correct name. So there are contacts saved somewhere but i cannot see them.

The only thing is,its not a major issue with this rom,as my contacts work fine ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest ThrashMan

YOU ARE WRONG, FOOL!

Contacts work just fine, ignore him the nurse will take care of him....

Guest EeppinenFailuri

The only thing is,its not a major issue with this rom,as my contacts work fine ;)

Stars not shining for me. Maybe i'm 1 out of million case, but if you encounter this issue its pretty big thing.

Guest ThrashMan

Stars not shining for me. Maybe i'm 1 out of million case, but if you encounter this issue its pretty big thing.

It just means you should format your device FULLY and try again :)

Guest KonstaT

Which dialer/contacts are you using? If you changed to ZTE Dialer, did you do a full wipe?

I just tested importing contacts from sdcard (.vcf format) and it worked well for me. Using the CM7/AOSP dialer it imported all four of my backups at once, so I ended up having quadruple contacts. :P Other than that it worked great. Using the ZTE dialer it even lets you choose which file to import. I don't have any contacts on my SIM card, so I can't test that.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS3. Couple of new screenshots in the first post.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS3.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?ho12rf4aawuzkhj

MD5:1813D2C2D083B3B27FFA67F7EB537651

RLS3 changelog:

-fixed keyboard in landscape mode

-added ZTE Emode Helper (thanks to FelixL)

-added reboot and recovery options to power menu

-added gingerbread green circle battery mod

-automatically wipes dalvik cache on update

-silenced low battery sound

-fixed time format HH.mm -> HH:mm in finnish and norwegian locales

-fixed few finnish translations

-updated Superuser and su binary

-updated busybox

-updated Gmail and No-frills

-few other small tweaks...

-system size ~124mb

Add-on:

-Vanilla gingerbread (removes circle battery mod, notification power widget and power menu reboot options - reverts to vanilla gingerbread)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4vfamfre8it2iaf

MD5:8066E402FC3CD7253A270D8617FA6CE2

Guest dirlan2001

Hi

Amazing how much work is done here :) Nonetheless, it leaves me with some questions ...

1. In the screenshots I read : Android = 2.3.5 // Kernel = 2.6.35.7perf+zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT .... Having GSF b27 running in my phone, it says Android 2.3.4 // Kernel 2.6.35.7perf-zte-kernel ... Which leaves me with the impression that there's no change in the kernel, hence no reason to upgrade. Or do I miss something ?

2. In case I missed something, can the kernel of MMHMP3 be flashed to GSF b27 ? And where do I find a flashable kernel in that case ?

It's just cos I've a smooth running system now, with a nice theme and splash/bootanim etc. which I don't want to loose in the process.

Cheers and TIA,

:D

Guest solidslash

Could you please upload an add-on for stock gingerbread battery icon? Just the icon, I'd want to keep the power menu options and the notification power widget.