We *must not* lose focus: OMC *still* needs proper unlock solution!

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

I'm very pleased about the fact that these X-sim and turboSIM devices are providing a solution for a lot of people, but I fear that people may be taking their "eye off the ball", so to speak.

Although these are great devices, I just want to encourage everyone involved in the unlocking project not to give up! :) There *will* be a solution, we just need to work extra hard to make sure we don't become reliant on third-party adaptors, when all it takes is some dedication and outright determination - IT CAN BE DONE! WE NEED TO DO THIS!

I have faith in this community, you're all brilliant people working hard for little or no reward, except the gratitude of others. If I had the knowledge to crack this alone, believe me, I'd do it in a hearbeat, write the PHP code and give you all the calculator! As I am new to algorithms, byte swapping & all that foreign stuff, I just want to tell you all that you're super people, and this is a superb handset.

IT CAN BE DONE! DON'T LET OBFUSCATION AND DISAPPOINTMENT DETER YOU!

God bless you all! :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest gregorv

Hello

I'm maybe the only one who is waiting of proper unlock ;) . Turbo sim is no go for me.

But I can't help, because I don't understand programming, cracking, hacking ....things.

Kind regards.

Guest philmein

I'm very pleased about the fact that these X-sim and turboSIM devices are providing a solution for a lot of people, but I fear that people may be taking their "eye off the ball", so to speak.

Although these are great devices, I just want to encourage everyone involved in the unlocking project not to give up! :) There *will* be a solution, we just need to work extra hard to make sure we don't become reliant on third-party adaptors, when all it takes is some dedication and outright determination - IT CAN BE DONE! WE NEED TO DO THIS!

I have faith in this community, you're all brilliant people working hard for little or no reward, except the gratitude of others. If I had the knowledge to crack this alone, believe me, I'd do it in a hearbeat, write the PHP code and give you all the calculator! As I am new to algorithms, byte swapping & all that foreign stuff, I just want to tell you all that you're super people, and this is a superb handset.

IT CAN BE DONE! DON'T LET OBFUSCATION AND DISAPPOINTMENT DETER YOU!

God bless you all! :)

you should run for president of the united states of america smile.gif

Guest gregorv

The phone will be as gift, and it will be very strange to explain: now there are two sims inside, one for you and one for me, so I can spy on you :lol:

Guest gregorv

OK, back to work.

What do we need to unlock this baby? Does anyone know? Is it possibe to access, overwrite nand memory?

What software is needed? Is it realy so difficult to change nand memory?

Do you maybe know if in the background "smart heads" are already working on unlock?

Why was blade so quickly unlocked (no nand memory)?

Do we need any particular forum member? Maybe we can all PM him or her and ask for help.

Kind regards.

Guest dadashi

I asked for the unlock code from orange over a month ago....they sent me my unlock code in the post yesterday....:D...if you're British residents and have been orange costumers for a long time you should get yours as well by politely asking as i did....

I've only had my OMC for 2 months so the 3 month rule is bendable...

otherwise there is the x-sim option for a fiver....

Edited by dadashi

Guest gregorv

yes, you got it, but you are long time orange customer...

I will only buy phone and I will never use oragne network...no chance to get the code.

we need proper unlock (no xsim, turbosim ...).

Guest dadashi

yes, you got it, but you are long time orange customer...

I will only buy phone and I will never use oragne network...no chance to get the code.

we need proper unlock (no xsim, turbosim ...).

actualy orange will give the unlock code after 3 months to all users....it's on their website...

to be honest messing with the NAND in most cases will brick your phone ought right... unless you know exactally wot it is you are doing....

and most if not all the members here for the skate have no idea / unwilling to brick there phone....

it is a great phone, but it just has not got enough support sad.gif

Guest glossywhite

to be honest messing with the NAND in most cases will brick your phone ought right... unless you know exactally wot it is you are doing....

and most if not all the members here for the skate have no idea / unwilling to brick there phone....

it is a great phone, but it just has not got enough support sad.gif

Hi dude. I'm a general hardcore geek & terminal hacker... so what do I do, to dump me some NAND? I know which way is in, and which way is out, so no chance of me flashing anything; just want to dump and hexedit/scan for strings.

Thanks

PS: I'm a pro with "dd" so don't be afraid of showing me some of that dd if=/this/that stuff; it's all candy to me, baby!

[_EDIT_]

Got it, don't worry:

DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH *NIX TERMINAL COMMANDS, OR ARE WILLING TO BRICK YOUR LOVELY OMC!

Using ./adb shell:

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd0 of=/sdcard/mtd0.dmp bs=4096

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd8 of=/sdcard/mtd8.dmp bs=4096

So that's mtd0-mtd8

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Just dumped all (I think - 1-8) NAND partitions and did:

strings *mtd* --print-file-name | grep netlock

and got:

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_send_nv_ue_netlock_type

mtd5.dmp: xdr_nv_recv_nv_ue_netlock_type

Curious... the nv suggests "non-volatile"...

Ideas?