.iso on vega?

Guest martinmrocks

Guest martinmrocks

basically is it possible? for example a daemon tools type app? would be very helpful for me if anyone knows off an existing app or a way around it

thanks in advance

I use MPEG Streamclip to convert ISO's to .MPG files, takes about 1 minute per ISO on my desktop and it's not exactly state of the art :P

Doesn't re-encode the video, just extracts it into a format readable by the Vega (I use Vegacomb 3.2 9B Update 3 with MX Video Player)

(Also, CIFS manager to mount the network drive)

MPEG Streamclip (http://www.squared5....amclip-win.html)

Guest simonta

basically is it possible? for example a daemon tools type app? would be very helpful for me if anyone knows off an existing app or a way around it

thanks in advance

I think Moxo6 might be confused ;)

What are you trying to do? The only way I can think of to do this is to mount the ISO as a drive on your PC (lots of tools to do this) then use a SAMBA share to read it from your Vega but this does of course need network connectivity.

I think Moxo6 might be confused ;)

What are you trying to do? The only way I can think of to do this is to mount the ISO as a drive on your PC (lots of tools to do this) then use a SAMBA share to read it from your Vega but this does of course need network connectivity.

I'm not confused :P

But I have assumed you mean DVD movie ISOs. I've always had all my movie ISOs on my Cyclone HD2 Media player, but it also functions as a NAS drive so I decided to try and stream some ISOs to the Vega. So far, I haven't found a way to play ISOs on the Vega, so I converted all the ISOs to MPG format and stream *those* over the network.

Guest martinmrocks

Yea I have an interactive disc from my company, ( basically I'm training to be an air traffic controller) this disc contains a java app explaining what can and can't be done in different airspaces. I asked for the iso file from them, then had a reality check when I realised there was no drive emulator.

I think having movies in an iso is not worth it, straight into .avi for me.

Guest jevdroid

Unless you have a custom ROM with ISO 9660 / Joliet filesystem support built in you won't be able to read or mount an .ISO file. I doubt there is such a kernel readily available.

Edited by jevdroid