[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Flashed 2.4.1 over 2.4, factory reset and restored with titanium, all was breeze. This is even better than 2.4. I had issues with juice defender, but haven't tried that app yet, since I've read battery consumption is better. Swype was solved installing apk from sd24 and google search updating in market.

I have one issue I didn't have with 2.4: full screen caller id crashes and reboots phone, after several reiinstalls of fsci, had to remove it. anyone else have this issue?

Edited by nalpt

Guest Al Rahman

Its like from 0 to 100 km/hour in 3.6 seconds !!! Very fast....very Arabic supporting webview and textview right to left connected charachters...

U r the best dj steeve !!! Thanx alot

Guest Technomenon81

2.4.2 flashed over 2.4.1. So far everything's running great, I especially like the CRT animation. I've got to say though, that my day today, away from my usual wifi connections, was horrid. I know most (who keep up with the posts) know about the wifi sleep issue but has anyone experienced a 3g/HSDPA sleep? Did I possibly miss the fact that the wifi sleep problem is connected to this? So, this problem occurred occasionally with 2.3 & 2.4 but seems to have increased with the second revision of 2.4 and with 2.4.1. Essentially, similar to the wifi sleep problem, my data connection is fine while I initially connect and use the source but after the phone has sat with the screen off for a while the 3G/H (HSDPA) connection icon is still active (but grayed-out). So, it sees the connection but some conflict is stopping it from actually connecting. Thanks again Steve and Fards for all your work.

Its like from 0 to 100 km/hour in 3.6 seconds !!! Very fast....very Arabic supporting webview and textview right to left connected charachters...

U r the best dj steeve !!! Thanx alot

yes it is so fast and good bout the camera not working and yoututbe to is not work. i think it because of arabic. i have this problom befor win i pout arabic with MaxicetDroid rom

i hop it can be fix

Edited by kkof94

Guest Papi-jj
2.4.2 flashed over 2.4.1. So far everything's running great, I especially like the CRT animation. I've got to say though, that my day today, away from my usual wifi connections, was horrid. I know most (who keep up with the posts) know about the wifi sleep issue but has anyone experienced a 3g/HSDPA sleep? Did I possibly miss the fact that the wifi sleep problem is connected to this? So, this problem occurred occasionally with 2.3 & 2.4 but seems to have increased with the second revision of 2.4 and with 2.4.1. Essentially, similar to the wifi sleep problem, my data connection is fine while I initially connect and use the source but after the phone has sat with the screen off for a while the 3G/H (HSDPA) connection icon is still active (but grayed-out). So, it sees the connection but some conflict is stopping it from actually connecting. Thanks again Steve and Fards for all your work.

What crt animation?

Guest Papi-jj

yes it is so fast and good bout the camera not working . i think it because of arabic. i have this problom befor win i pout arabic with MaxicetDroid rom

i hop it can be fix

Yes camera showing a blank white preview window.

Guest hacktor

Yes, camera is wonked.

Had to reinstall Swype.

Those are the only two things so far. Yes, YouTube is also borked. White screen of death. Will probably revert back to 2.4.1

Edited by hacktor

Guest the.mister.D

Hello Folks!

DJ_Steve and Fards, thank you again for another awesome release.

Quick question all,

How do I change the DPI?

Is it still safe add the following line in to system\build.prop?

ro.sf.lcd_density =

In existing build.prop, I do not see the above line

Edited by the.mister.D

Guest angel008

Yes, camera is wonked.

Had to reinstall Swype.

Those are the only two things so far. Yes, YouTube is also borked. White screen of death. Will probably revert back to 2.4.1

Experiencing the same issue on camera and youtube here (2.4.2 ROM).

Am currently using the biggish update from 25th. Was a simple update from the previous beta.

Everything seems absolutely fine. Battery seems to be going strong too.

I have one issue though, maybe unrelated to the 25th update(was working fine previously).

Firefox is showing all junk chars for me. Jap/Chn/Rus display fine, But more other langs show junk, incl english.

Is anyone else seeing this too?

Guest Sc00terage

On 2.4.2 zip i also get the white screen for the camera (tho if u take a photo it does come out properly), utube vids, mobo player, and movies app to play vids all get a white scree while playing, but the sound seems work play fine while playing vids.

Dropped back to 2.4.1 for now,

Super duper speedy build steve and fards, thankyou and well done!!!!!

Guest florin0904

I have instal 2.4.1 and it's working great but i remove gmail and install your email application http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=905659 but when i try to setup a yahoo account when i set the smpt.mail.yahoo.com and activate the ssl protecton and then i push next it gives me this error java security cert certpathvalidatorexception trust anchor for certification path not found. In the previous version 2.4 was working great. Thanks for this wonderful rom.

Kind Regards, Florin.

I got it working again i din't select ssl and it's working great.

Edited by florin0904

Guest wavecxs

same problem with the camera. showing white screen, when I tried taking picture it takes it just fine though.

my gps problem (reported in 2.4) seems fixed with this release. I will try to rollback to 2.4.1 because i skipped it.

Guest Papi-jj
Cam works fine here with preview As does youtube

What do u think it could be. So many if us have the same issue. Do want a log of the cam when its opened?

Edited by Papi-jj