Guest muteman3

Official Dell update for Olleh tested by me:

everything works fine:

gps

vpn

tethering & portable hot spot

Ussd Not Work

406 Olleh GingerBread

I do not forget that Steve was the first. I hope this rom to help GingerStreak to be better. Thank you sir Steave.

Edited by muteman3

Guest florin0904

Official Dell update for Olleh tested by me:

everything works fine:

gps

vpn

tethering & portable hot spot

Ussd

406 Olleh GingerBread

I do not forget that Steve was the first. I hope this rom to help GingerStreak to be better. Thank you sir Steave.

I just instaled the 406 and the USSD code still not working, DJ_Steve & Fards rom it's the best, i'm coming back.

Edited by florin0904

Guest Papi-jj

I just instaled the 406 and the USSD code still not working, DJ_Steve & Fards rom it's the best, i'm coming back.

I tried it also. Prefer DJ Steve's rom!

Guest Mengchu

Thanks Steve, just updated from 1.9.1 and this 2.4.3 ROCKS!! I really appreciate your work for all the users..

Everything is great except for when you set the alarm with the build-in clock it f/c.. Only this minor issue!

Thanks again!

Guest Coxeroni

Excellent stuff Steve! Looking forward to vpn, hope cisco's anyconnect will work as this is what my university uses. Keep up the great work, it is much appreciated!

Guest imadtaha

Please help me ,i am new here.after download the .zip file,what next? I saved under the sdcard and I extracted it then when I click on the boot.img and begins restart when booting it tells cant moint sdcard,and fail .then restart back to 2.2.2,ANY STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE AVAILABLE?,i really appreciate it

Guest imadtaha

Please help me ,i am new here.after download the .zip file,what next? I saved under the sdcard and I extracted it then when I click on the boot.img and begins restart when booting it tells cant moint sdcard,and fail .then restart back to 2.2.2,ANY STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE AVAILABLE?,i really appreciate it

Guest Papi-jj

You don't unzip the file. You place it on u r SD card. Flash it with streakmod recovery.

Edited by Papi-jj

Guest Spencershaun

Read some of the posts it tells u what to do rolleyes.gif

flashed to 2.4.3, nice and fast, but my touch buttons (home, back, etc) keeps flashing.

Anyway to resolve this?

Also got an FC on VoiceSearch during first boot.

Steve/Fards

Big thanx to you guys for doing all the hard work!!!!

Currently using the latest rom but still having the odd reboot problem after using wifi and getting the Screen of death when charging.

I have flashed 360 and gone from there.

I have dell reset before booting the rom and have cleared the cache but still getting these problems.

There is another rom being developed on XDA which takes steves/fards rom and seems to tweak it.

Given they have picked up on at least one thing which is causing the random reboots.

Just wondering if these changes are being implemented in your new roms?

No disrespect to you guys and want to stay with this rom!!

Big thanx again to steve and fards for all the hard work!!!!!

Guest alert_bri

For those experiencing random reboots on this ROM, try following the clean install instructions further up the thread, and install all of your apps directly from the Market (previously, I used titanium backup to just bring back apps without the data but no longer trust this short cut)

Also, again further up the thread someone recommended using Battery Calibrator - you can downloaded the app for free from the market and it will improve your battery life after installing a new ROM.

Good luck, there's nothing much wrong with this ROM - take responsibility for doing a good install and read the whole thread plus follow Steve's instructions to the letter in the first post.

Brian

Guest streak5

Here's where you want to start. You need to actually read this before doing any flashing: http://forum.xda-dev...tle=Dell_Streak

Focus on the sections for Custom ROMs and Flashing.

To Leslie Chern,

If you go back a few pages and you will find the answer to your issues. VoiceSearch is easily fixed by doing an update via Android Market - just search for it and press on "update". The flashing lights is a bigger issue. You did not flash the correct amss and dsp1 files that are listed in the first post of this thread.

Guys/gals, it is imperative that you read everything and understand the procedure before going ahead with the process. For one it will save everyone a lot of headache addressing the same questions that have been asked by people just a few pages back but more importantly, it will prevent you from having a catastrophic result of bricking your Streak. This is extremely important and if the Streak is your only/main device you have to follow with caution. You can not blame anyone either because you missed an important step that you did not read.

We've all started this journey at some point, many made mistakes I've outlined above and most were able to get out of them. But few have bricked their devices and were forced to go back and read up and spent countless hours trying to revive their Streaks. Do the right thing - read first :)

I hope it is clear that I'm writing this not to pick on anyone but to help you avoid a big problem with your Streak. I would hate for you to have bricked your device. Cheers!

Edited by streak5

Guest wavecxs

4 hours since the first full charge after a battery calibration, I've 93% battery life and that is after about 20 minutes call, 2 hours 3g on about 20 mins 3g usage. this is a good sign :)

On the not so good side, I've had 2 random reboots today both instance coming from playing player pro in the background. Other than that and the "gps issue after installing chainfire opengl", this rom is awesome. My streak has never felt so snappy, everything is just fast, I never try running quadrant scores to it. I spent almost half day using a loaned sg2 and the snappy-ness of it is very close to what I feel now with the streak on gingerstreak 2.4.3. just awesome!

Guest Xurram52

Awsome job man... really. Loads of thanks.. everything works so fine. Gps fixed and I am loving it. Facebook FC issue gone. Keep up the grewt job man. Dell ought to pay you for developing such clean roms for their devices ...

Guest Mr_Hunter

Do I have to update amss and dsp1 also with the version 2.4.3 when I´m used before the Orginal Dell ROM?

In the first Thread I saw only that I´ve to flash amss and dsp1 until version 2.4.1?!

Guest Coxeroni

Do I have to update amss and dsp1 also with the version 2.4.3 when I´m used before the Orginal Dell ROM?

In the first Thread I saw only that I´ve to flash amss and dsp1 until version 2.4.1?!

You ALWAYS have to flash amss and dsp if you come from froyo. Different android version, different baseband needed.

Guest hacktor

This is starting to look like the xda forums.

PLEASE EVERYONE READ THE FIRST POST. IF YOU CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO FLASH THE AMSS OR THE DSP1 FILES, THEN THIS ISN'T FOR YOU.

2.4.3 I can report that GPS and Facebook are now working. Yes, the alarm settings makes it force close, but I'm still able to set my alarm time and this morning it went off at the right time without a hitch.

Skype works. Netflix from the market works. Seems like an awesome step forward as far add this build being stable. I had gone back to 2.4.1 and then upgraded straight from that version top the latest. I only cleared cache and dalvik cache. Went through smoothly.

Guest zAm1987

Interesting that some of you are experiencing fc's with the alarm clock. Works just fine for me (helped me to get up early in the morning today ;)).

Did a full data/cache/dalvik wipe and then factory reset after flashing 2.4.3...

Guest Sc00terage

Have 2.4.3 going really well, most issues have disapeared on this build, top notch steve, welldone!

Facebook app works, tho the dell stage ui facebook does not work, no biggy tho, very minor thing.

Guest Papi-jj
This is starting to look like the xda forums.

PLEASE EVERYONE READ THE FIRST POST. IF YOU CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO FLASH THE AMSS OR THE DSP1 FILES, THEN THIS ISN'T FOR YOU.

2.4.3 I can report that GPS and Facebook are now working. Yes, the alarm settings makes it force close, but I'm still able to set my alarm time and this morning it went off at the right time without a hitch.

Skype works. Netflix from the market works. Seems like an awesome step forward as far add this build being stable. I had gone back to 2.4.1 and then upgraded straight from that version top the latest. I only cleared cache and dalvik cache. Went through smoothly.

My alarm fc when setting the alarm. No biggie still can set time. Did a fresh install when installing this rom.

Guest mancterrier

Excellent work steve.

Went from 1.9.1 to 2.4.3 and had to do factory reset. Has the galaxy tab email been abandoned now? As I really liked that..

Also Even though I flashed the new amss and dps1 files Im still getting flashing lights from time to time? Is that normal? Is there any way I can check that ive flashed them correctly?

Cheers and well done again

Adam