[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest scruffdog1978

Having a problem where I charge my phone overnight...i can wake up play with the phone and whatnot while it is on the charger but as soon as I take it off the first time it does the sleep of death and I gotta pull the battery...not a hassle but I just want to give all the info I can

Edited by scruffdog1978

Guest imadtaha

I am sure I am missing something here.the recovery mode needs to find a fike called update.pkg ,when I enter the recovery mode it asks me for this file,then I renamed the ginger 2.x.x.zip to update.pkg and when it staryed extracing in the recovery mode I had the error message signature not verified.ofcourse I did not make factory reset before applying the recovery mode.i have the froyo 2.2.2 on my mini 5.Any suggestions pleasd

Guest Coxeroni

I am sure I am missing something here.the recovery mode needs to find a fike called update.pkg ,when I enter the recovery mode it asks me for this file,then I renamed the ginger 2.x.x.zip to update.pkg and when it staryed extracing in the recovery mode I had the error message signature not verified.ofcourse I did not make factory reset before applying the recovery mode.i have the froyo 2.2.2 on my mini 5.Any suggestions pleasd

Suggestion? Read the tutorial that was given to you. This is discussion about the ROM, not "how do I flash recovery". Read here on the forum or on xda and ask in an appropriate thread. Otherwise this becomes too spammy here.

Also cant seem to download swype as it says it comes pre installed? :/

You have to delete the pre-installed one, with Titanium Backup or equivalent. Reboot and then reinstall with the installer.

Edited by Coxeroni

Guest Virtu300

Official Dell update for Olleh tested by me:

everything works fine:

gps

vpn

tethering & portable hot spot

Ussd Not Work

406 Olleh GingerBread

I do not forget that Steve was the first. I hope this rom to help GingerStreak to be better. Thank you sir Steave.

Tethering & Portable hot spot still crashes with the Olleh KT ROM. No idea wth is going on with 2.3.3 and my Streak!?!?!

Back to Stephen's latest ROM, much better.

No one else is having a problem with the tether interface? Is it possible that when the tether UI crashes, some sort of error log is generated? If so, how do I find it/capture it? Thanks!~

Guest mancterrier

You have to delete the pre-installed one, with Titanium Backup or equivalent. Reboot and then reinstall with the installer.

Brilliant cheers mate. Any ideas on the capacative lights flashing?

My current phone details showing as :

GAUSB1A30900-EU

2.6.35.7-perf

SD Gingerstreak 2.4.3

Guest Coxeroni

Brilliant cheers mate. Any ideas on the capacative lights flashing?

My current phone details showing as :

GAUSB1A30900-EU

2.6.35.7-perf

SD Gingerstreak 2.4.3

Like mentioned 100 times in this thread: properly flash amss and dsp1.

Guest Azurren

Tethering & Portable hot spot still crashes with the Olleh KT ROM. No idea wth is going on with 2.3.3 and my Streak!?!?!

No one else is having a problem with the tether interface? Is it possible that when the tether UI crashes, some sort of error log is generated? If so, how do I find it/capture it? Thanks!~

logcat should register it

There are market apps or you can use ADB to capture it

Flashing lights could mean 3 things:

You haven't flashed AMSS or DPS1,

You didn't do a complete reversal install

Reversal install, that's what I'll call it for now = flashing a dell recovery, PKG, let it boot, install custom recovery / rom, Dell factory reset, boot

Hardware failure or sneaky rom bug

Guest mancterrier

Like mentioned 100 times in this thread: properly flash amss and dsp1.

I thought I had done. I now have done it correctly. Cheers for the arsey response...Most helpful..

Guest shabicht

I am also not able to see the tethering option in the wireless settings menu. I am also with rogers and I suspect that is somehow the problem. Could it be that we need to use a different APN?

I don't use tethering a whole lot so it doesn't concern me too much, but I would definitely like to get it working!

Guest Stephen Hyde

im thinking it might be your simcard to be honest as the tether ui is fine here - im typing this via wifi tether to streak to test it

Update on the Clock/Alarm Issue. I have tried Dalvik/cache wipes and factory resets, but still have the issue. I have narrowed down the issue, although its going to sound VERY strange...

The FCs only seem to happen (at least for me) if I am setting an alarm for MORE than 1 hour and 1 minute in the future. Any alarm set for 1 hour and 1 minute or less in the future doesn't cause any FCs. The alarms themselves still seem to work (but i've only test alarms a few minutes into the future).

I'm conducting another test: I've set a few for 1 hour and a few minutes in the future. I, of course, got FCs on the com.android.deskclock app. When I go back in to the app, the alarms are set. The notification bar says they are set, despite the FCs. I'll wait and see if they actually trigger.

Theory: The FCs seem to be at the moment that I would normally get a "pop up notification" that stated something to the affect of "alarm set for xx minutes/hours from now". When I get that notification properly (alarms less than 1 hour and 1 minute), i don't get an FC. When I get an FC, there is no popup. Possible issue trying to do the popup on those alarms for some reason???

I will edit this post in an hour with my results...

[uPDATE} - Alarms still worked. So this issue doesn't seem to affect the functionality of the actual alarms, just the functionality of SETTING the alarms (if they are more than 1 hour and 1 minute in the future).

Edited by bTrue

Guest bek1977

Voice search app is force closing on 2.4.3 and noticed i on 2.4.2.2. It was working on 2.4. I only wiped dalvik-cache when flashing the rom. I haven't tried factory reset because it is the only problem I have come across and I only use the app occasionally.

Otherwise I'm loving the rom.

Edited by bek1977

Guest Spencershaun

wifi tether is working for me rolleyes.gif

I am also not able to see the tethering option in the wireless settings menu. I am also with rogers and I suspect that is somehow the problem. Could it be that we need to use a different APN?

I don't use tethering a whole lot so it doesn't concern me too much, but I would definitely like to get it working!

Guest Stephen Hyde

who else gets the following issue:

turn on gps (gps satilites only NOT WIFI) then go to any gps app ie maps and gets a double flash of the cap leds then a reboot - just wondering if anyone else has this

Sorry to be a pain.

I have just bought a dell streak ( come from a sony x10i and can root and do custom roms on it ) can anyone give me an A to Z for putting this 2.4 rom on my dell streak.

Thanks for any help given.

Edited by jacko5

Guest bek1977

Update the app from the market usually sorts it.

I had gone to the market and searched for the app and it said installed so I assumed it didn't need updating. But I guess I have to actually click on the app and then I can see it needs to be updated. Stupid me...stupid market.

Guest Stephen Hyde

I had gone to the market and searched for the app and it said installed so I assumed it didn't need updating. But I guess I have to actually click on the app and then I can see it needs to be updated. Stupid me...stupid market.

yea the new market sucks

Guest Spencershaun

Nothing to serious but does any have to keep calibrating there touch screen i am doing it right as i follow instructions lol but now & then only the right side of the screen works not the left ?