[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Spencershaun

Not me just checked it twice with google maps only switched on GPS nothing else and its fine rolleyes.gif ? what is the best settings for upping the cpu i strugle with it a little

who else gets the following issue:

turn on gps (gps satilites only NOT WIFI) then go to any gps app ie maps and gets a double flash of the cap leds then a reboot - just wondering if anyone else has this

turn on gps (gps satilites only NOT WIFI) then go to any gps app ie maps and gets a double flash of the cap leds then a reboot - just wondering if anyone else has this

I have tried this as follows:

Disable Wifi

Disable Data

Enable GPS

Result: Maps opens fine but Search and Navigate appear to require Data

Repeat but:

Disable WiFi

Enable Data

Enable GPS

Result: Maps opens fine, Search and Navigate also work fine.

Edited by rebski

Guest streak5

I've hearing about USSD codes not working in this and Olleh ROMs. To be honest, the only experience I've had with USSD codes is when I request to see my data or minute usage from the cariier. What are some other benefits of having that service working? I am just trying to figure out how critical is it. Thanks.

Nope, tried GPS with wifi (google earth - found me in my house), used offline gps nav, used maps without gps via wif and without wifi on, no problems.

Guest Spencershaun

go to market and test it with GPS test

I have tried this as follows:

Disable Wifi

Disable Data

Enable GPS

Result: Maps opens fine but Search and Navigate appear to require Data

Repeat but:

Disable WiFi

Enable Data

Enable GPS

Result: Maps opens fine, Search and Navigate also work fine.

Guest Stephen Hyde

hmmm seems like my 2 streaks are only ones with the weird issue, all the gb builds up till this one have that reboot issue (which is why gps broke on 2.4.2 and i didnt realise - i had to delete the gps livbs for my device to work without going to a bootloop

Guest Azurren

Mine appears to be working fine (so far)

However mounting USB storage causes a delayed reboot eveytime (SD is kept mounted throughout the booting process). Can anyone else confirm?

Had this issue in the last few versions

Guest Spencershaun

u want me to send u a copy of my nandroid so u can look @ it just trying to help wink.gif

hmmm seems like my 2 streaks are only ones with the weird issue, all the gb builds up till this one have that reboot issue (which is why gps broke on 2.4.2 and i didnt realise - i had to delete the gps livbs for my device to work without going to a bootloop

Guest Spencershaun

it does delay a few times but i get no reboot ?

Mine appears to be working fine (so far)

However mounting USB storage causes a delayed reboot eveytime (SD is kept mounted throughout the booting process). Can anyone else confirm?

Had this issue in the last few versions

Guest florin0904

I had a problem with sleep of death but is weird becase is when i remove the usb cable from the phone, i belive it's from charging. And i need USSD codes becase i have limited internet, i have international minutes i have network minutes, and mesages to.

Steve this is a great rom, Thank you.

Guest JOBooth

Running 2.4.3Wondering if anyone has had any luck with BT voice dialing. I'm wanting to press the button on my Jawbone for a few seconds which says "voice dialing" and nothing happens. On my stock 2.2.2 build (and SD1.9.1) it worked beautifully. I'd kick off voice dialing from the Jawbone, then the chick would say "speak now" and I could dial, send txt's... Seems like this is gone with GingerStreak. I have to unlock the phone and open the voice search app.

I tried a few apps off the market but nothing recognizes when I hold the button on my Jawbone.

Any suggestions?

Guest Spencershaun

And that was with terminal emulator thats odd because thats the way i got it to work am puzzled huh.gif

Yeah tried the 'ol uninstall/reinstall trick. No go.

Stephen, I tried this multiple times. Seems to be working fine for me. No wifi in location, and with gps on. Google maps works normal. Thanks!

Guest Papi-jj

Stephen, I tried this multiple times. Seems to be working fine for me. No wifi in location, and with gps on. Google maps works normal. Thanks!

Tried this also works fine for me.

go to market and test it with GPS test

Thanks for the suggestion, I have purchased GPS Test Plus and it seems to be a very useful app to have installed. So I am grateful for the advice.

There may be some confusion, however, I was not reporting a GPS issue only trying to respond to Stephen Hyde's request for feedback on GPS without WiFi.

My experience corresponds with others and I am glad to have been able to assist him in this.

Guest Spencershaun

i didn't mean to make it sound so bad didn't mean for it to come across like that biggrin.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, I have purchased GPS Test Plus and it seems to be a very useful app to have installed. So I am grateful for the advice.

There may be some confusion, however, I was not reporting a GPS issue only trying to respond to Stephen Hyde's request for feedback on GPS without WiFi.

My experience corresponds with others and I am glad to have been able to assist him in this.

Hello folks.

I've installed 2.4.3 several times now (doing a factory reset, clearing cache and dalvik each time) but am running into two irritating problems.

First and foremost, attempting to play any flash video at all crashes the browser immediately. I can live with a lot of faults, but I watch a lot of video on my Streak; what can I do?

Second is that I can't get the CRT animation to work. It was fine in previous builds but simply refuses to work in 2.4.3.

Any thoughts folks?

Thanks.